• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Xbox Big Frigging Xbox game Leak Via FTC

This is not really surprising at all, but it's interesting in that it shows how little Bethesda understood modern game development before being purchased.

They really projected 3 year dev cycles for Starfield and TES VI.

Do not expect a sequel for Ghostwire Tokyo and you should expect Deathloop 2 instead of Dishonored 3. This is a really old internal document.

Well, I haven't seen that post at all and I have no idea how accurate this post I haven't seen is.

Are Nintendo going to sell 60 million copies of Zelda, rather than 30 million, if they go third party? Would that make up for the increased costs and loss of revenue from other areas of their business? Will they sell 100 million copies of Mario Kart, or more?
Maybe. My point was if Nintendo went multiplatform. Now, I don't have the knowledge necessary to see if GamePass will ever be profitable or help the kind of games Nintendo makes prosper.
There's also to consider if the Nintendo base of players doesn't have well, Nintendo hardware, maybe they will dissolve into the reminder of the general market? (altho there's quite a bit of overlap in who owns a Switch so who knows...)

Maybe. My point was if Nintendo went multiplatform. Now, I don't have the knowledge necessary to see if GamePass will ever be profitable or help the kind of games Nintendo makes prosper.
Yes, and I talked about both scenarios: third party or Xbox, . Even if Nintendo go multiplatform, the level at which their software sales needs to increase is enormous to offset the loss of billions in revenue from hardware, plus the lowered licensing fees, plus the higher development costs. Add on the fact that Nintendo receive a license fee from every third party game they sell through their own platform, and that's yet another source of revenue loss if they go third party.
There's also to consider if the Nintendo base of players doesn't have well, Nintendo hardware, maybe they will dissolve into the reminder of the general market? (altho there's quite a bit of overlap in who owns a Switch so who knows...)
As you say, there's certainly overlap, but again the case in point is that even if players do migrate and buy Nintendo games, costs are higher and the revenue base for Nintendo is far lower.

Last edited:
in which phil spencer discusses his want for microsoft to acquire nintendo. this seems to be around microsoft's acquisition of zenimax, as they speak of it not having happened yet

image.png

I very much doubt that Nintendo was unaware that ValueAct was a former MS BoD member. I'm sure they made the connection right away when those shares were purchased. As much as they may be paying close attention to it, I think they have enough confidence in their business that they'd find Phil's ambition a little amusing.

Also find it funny that MS could be suckered into impulse purchasing TikTok.

Man I know realize the insanity of these leaks. So next-gen plans, a lot of private exchanges, a whole lot of the game schedule, ALL LEAKED?

This is insane and out of the three console manufacturers, even if it happened to potentially the least interesting one, it is still several MAGNITUDES of big.

I wonder what Doom exclusivity will look like now?

Probably no more miracle ports for Nintendo. :(

Okay, but it's a confirmation that Bethesda planned to do an Oblivion remaster in 2019, not a confirmation that it currently exists.
This is not the only thing pointing to it. This confirms that, in 2019, a remaster was in development like the other reports (with more concrete details and more up to date release timings) said it had been.

Oblehvion doesn't even have the Ice Blade of the Monarch, smh. When's Morrowind remaster.

This was easily the biggest factor in my choosing of Series X over PS5 at launch, so despite it being the result of a contractual mess, it worked out in MS’s favour lmao

Back
Top Bottom