• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Xbox Big Frigging Xbox game Leak Via FTC

New DOOM game?

4ea07b22-1f8a-4add-9591-69186a7afeb0_text.gif

microsoft, industry's most successful third party publisher, saying that nintendo, industry's most successful hardware seller, doesn't have a future in hardware is fucking hilarious

microsoft, industry's most successful third party publisher, saying that nintendo, industry's most successful hardware seller, doesn't have a future in hardware is fucking hilarious
Wonder if this is what SEGA was saying about Nintendo before the launch of the Dreamcast lol

Was really, really hoping for The Evil Within 3, as the first two are among my GOATS.

But I'm very, VERY excited for a Ghostwire sequel, Dishonored 3, and a Doom Eternal sequel. It's only a matter of time before I'm forced to buy my first Xbox.

Insane leaks. Crazy.

Can't wait for that new controller. Also, nice to know that my Series X will hold up until 2028 - as the new one offers little new and if there was going to be a "Pro" model it would leak here.

The fact that they're considering moving to ARM for next-gen is fascinating, and the transition to all digital by the mid-gen refresh in this generation is also a huge takeaway here.

Interesting to see how Phil really feels about Nintendo. Every major tech company in the US (Apple, Google, MS etc) knows that whoever gets Nintendo and their IP most likely wins the majority of the gaming market for the next 50 years. Of course they'll be constantly seeing whether it's possible.

The confirmation of the old oblivion and fallout 3 remaster leaks sound interesting - apparently visuals in unreal engine 5, gameplay in the old creation engine. Hybrid system appartently. No idea how that works.

Wouldn't get too excited about dates and release schedules as those parts of the leaks are at least three years out of date.

Crazy that we know when Xbox wants their next-gen box to arrive (in 2028) and we STILL have no idea about the Switch 2 plans. Amazing.

Dishonored 3 and a Ghostwire sequel šŸ‘€ let's goo. Ghostwire had some issues but the big update earlier in the year went a long way to refining the combat and i assume that's stuff they were workshopping for the sequel. I wonder what Doom Year Zero is. I would guess the older games buffed up but then dlc? Interesting.

Dishonored 3 and a Ghostwire sequel šŸ‘€ let's goo. Ghostwire had some issues but the big update earlier in the year went a long way to refining the combat and i assume that's stuff they were workshopping for the sequel. I wonder what Doom Year Zero is. I would guess the older games buffed up but then dlc? Interesting.
I can't find the image right now ffs, but Bethesda's expectations for their titles was also leaked. Year Zero was expected to make more revenue than Eternal. So its almost certainly a new game. That being said these images are from before the acquisition so they were probably spicing up their own shit. But not to the extent that the revenue would look like a new game I think. Exciting!

Fallout 3 remaster in 2024ā€¦ wow, fingers crossed for that. One of my favourite rpgs. I hope itā€™s not just on Xbox.

Wait, Xbox didn't have gyro in their controllers before? I thought that was a standard by now.

I can't wait to play Oblivion remastered on my Switch, I love that game and have wanted a remaster for years!

It seems Microsoft will constantly look to acquire Nintendo in some fashion. Thatā€™s something.
Microsoft would just get laughed out of the room again. They don't have anywhere near the amount of money necessary to purchase Nintendo.

Find someone who looks at you like MS looks at Nintendo.

Or maybe, someone ~30% less infatuated ... it looks a bit unhealthy / unreasonable.

That message from Phil is something else lmao. But hey, that Indiana Jones game from MachineGames doesnā€™t look too far off. Really excited for the potential of that one.

Allow me to offer a less inflammatory post on this Nintendo statement. What Phil may actually indicate, isn't that Nintendo's not doing well in hardware, but rather than they'd be better going multiplatform. He may have a point (financially-speaking) but there's a chance several of those IPs may just straight up disappear in doing so. The PC/Xbox market isn't necessarily buying the next Xenoblade/FE in enough numbers, nor does it have necessarily good chances of growing. The hardware/software synchronization is considered by Nintendo higher-ups as their most vital pillar. It'd take a lot of time, and other minds at the top to accept to surrender their company to Microsoft (unless I guess investors force something...isn't that what happened with Twitter?)

Yeah I feel bad for them.

Eeeeeeehhhh ... i'm 50/50 on it.

Yes, it sucks some small employee(s) will be out of job(s) after this ... especially shitty in the US.
But this is such an avoidable error ... one double check could've been enough to prevent this.

For Lina Khan ... dunno. I feel like her being so stubborn on not giving up their opposition, even after losing in court continuing to waste tax money on find new arguments to keep blocking might've led to this somehow, too.
Even the stubborn CMA understood the message after losing in court big time.
And maybe if she, too, would've ordered to give up opposition after that moment, this leak might have not happened.

Poor lady put a big target on herself, and now MS has a valid opportunity to go after that target sign.

Microsoft and FTC are about to go back to court for an all new reason. LFG.

I feel like the FTC would try quite some things to not have to face MS in court about the damages the leak has done to the company.

Apparently next gen RDR2 was also found in these leaks which is a relief to hear. Thatā€™s way long overdue.

Wow Microsoft and Bethesda are not going to be happy bunnies. That is a spectacular leak.

Doom Zero and the Indiana Jones game have my attention. Do we have any ideas of what Projects Kestral and Platinum are?

I can't find the image right now ffs, but Bethesda's expectations for their titles was also leaked. Year Zero was expected to make more revenue than Eternal. So its almost certainly a new game. That being said these images are from before the acquisition so they were probably spicing up their own shit. But not to the extent that the revenue would look like a new game I think. Exciting!

Oh damn okay! Wild lol can't wait to see what they have in store then, I would pretty much buy anything by ID at face value after thise Las few entries. Good catch on the revenue expectation!

Allow me to offer a less inflammatory post on this Nintendo statement. What Phil may actually indicate, isn't that Nintendo's not doing well in hardware, but rather than they'd be better going multiplatform. He may have a point (financially-speaking) but there's a chance several of those IPs may just straight up disappear in doing so.
Uh no. Spencer is thinking purely from a perspective of what's best for Microsoft. If Phil Spencer genuinely thinks that going third party is better for Nintendo financially, then he's not thinking it through at all. People never do the maths on this, but think about how Nintendo's business would change:

• all of their hardware revenue would vanish; literally billions of dollars. Nintendo (often) sell their hardware at a profit, too, so a substantial chunk of the company's financial success is gone. Sure, there are costs involved in selling hardware, but it is a high revenue and profitable part of Nintendo's business.
  • license fee per software unit sold is reduced at the same time that development expenses increase and total software output likely falls too. On the first point, one reason Nintendo are so profitable is because they recoup a high license fee per game sold; Microsoft (or other platform holders) would take a share of this if Nintendo went third party, reducing the revenue Nintendo themselves derived from selling games. Without developing for their own hybrid hardware, development expenses likely go up as team sizes also expand. As you yourself point out, Nintendo would also likely scale back the number of games they make. Software becomes less profitable all told, output falls, and so any increase in sales to absorb and overcome those losses from elsewhere needs to be huge.

For Nintendo to make up the loss of hardware revenue and software licensing fees, and to make up for increased development costs, they'd have to massively scale up the sales of their games. There's no sign that something like Game Pass is going to be a fiscally sustainable model either, so I'm not sure when, where or how it becomes more profitable for Nintendo to become a third party (or an Xbox label) than it does for them to continue with their own hybrid console.

Are Nintendo going to sell 60 million copies of Zelda, rather than 30 million, if they go third party? Would that make up for the increased costs and loss of revenue from other areas of their business? Will they sell 100 million copies of Mario Kart, or more?

Will they reach tens of million of Game Pass subscribers, and will that in anyway recoup the development costs of open world Zelda? Let's not act as if Game Pass is a proven, sustainable model. Would Microsoft let Nintendo continue to run their own Classic Games Subscription to juice Nintendo's income, or would that content get subsumed into Game Pass too? What share of Game Pass revenue do Nintendo get?

A huge number of challenges await if Nintendo ever got bought out or went third party. Feasibly, the only way that happens is if the company is already failing, but that's not the reality we live in. The reality right now is that Nintendo drive higher revenues, profit and software sales than the Xbox division, lead several markets globally, and have a larger customer base than Microsoft's subscription model. Beating that level of revenue and profit as a third party - or as another subsection of Xbox - is not something that should be assumed could happen.

Isnā€™t the Indy game the one being made by MachineGames?

Alsoā€¦ yawn. Sequels and remasters of their largest franchises shouldnā€™t be that big a surprise.

Can someone point me to where it says new controller has gyro? I see accelerometer but not gyro.

Also the mid-gen refresh means Xbox will be digital only when they discontinue og Series X right?

Back
Top Bottom