• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Beyond Good and Evil 20th anniversary edition rated by ESRB for Switch/PS4/PS5/PC/Xbox Series [Update: Playable on Xbox with Ubisoft+]

Bokuringo

Like Like
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him

The rating suggests Ubisoft will re-release the original Beyond Good & Evil for newer platforms in celebration of its 20th anniversary. Beyond Good & Evil first launched on November 11, 2003. Its most recent ports were PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions released in 2011

Edit:

Last edited:
So you're saying if I wait another year I'll get Rayman 2 HD for its 25th anniversary...?

this has been known for a while, actually.

the most recent detail between the achievements and the ESRB rating was various assets for it (including the executable) getting mistakenly pushed as an "update" for various Ubisoft games on Steam.
zRzg6Rm.png

I've never played this game but have wanted to, so this is great news. I look forward to seeing more about what it changes and how much it will cost (which all has probably leaked somewhere, based on that broken Xbox link in the OP).

Ubisoft tries this "shadow drop" thing for the first time and botches hilariously. Lol this is so them.

Looks really good. Updated HD textures and models and better lightning. 60 fps here on Xbox but I think it'll be same on Switch.

I wonder what other PS2 games Ubi is considering doing the same, there are lots of gems out there: Rayman 3, Driver 3-PL, Splinter Cell trilogy... SC trilogy could be a cool counter for Konami's MGS collections.

Kind of disrespectful to release this on Xbox before Switch IMHO
It's not released on Xbox lol. Somebody eff'd it up and launched on XBL store early by mistake. It got removed but some lucky bastards got the game before it got yanked.

Edit: Apparently got it on Ubisoft+ on XBL.

Last edited:
I wonder, is it a "Was always scheduled for 2024", missing the anniversary on purpose.

Or is it a "Oh shit, they found out we've used bullshots again and the game looks like ass, quick, tell the remaster devs they have time until 2024 to fix it somehow!" thing.

Great. I dig this poster.

BGE was one of my favorite game of the GC/PS2/XB era. The music was so good (Christophe Heral, who also did Rayman's OSTs), the world intriguing (and full of furries), the french voice acting was perfect (it better be for a french game, mind you).

I hope this can shed a little light for BGE 2. Restart the whole thing at this point, let it be what is was supposed to be : a sequel, not a weird prequel that retcon the original.

Last edited:
They're taking the Disney approach and celebrating an anniversary of a thing until they get bored celebrating it.

It probably was scheduled for this year for the anniversary but it needed more time. Better they take the time to make a good product instead of the Sega approach of making the anniversary no matter what (while moving half the development team to another project)

if this was what they were originally gonna release, then I can see them delaying the game internally but forgot to pull the assets from Ubisoft+
Yeah and I expect them to change the name next year when they re-reveal it. Like Gold Edition or something.

This is definitely delayed internally as the team couldn't make it on time. The leaked game doesn't match with the screenshots on the game page.

Back
Top Bottom