• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Predictions BETTING POLL: Will Metroid Prime 4 Show Up In The June 2024 Nintendo Direct?

Prime 4 At June Direct

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SpaceGodzilla

"The Baby"
Pronouns
him
DO NOT VOTE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PARTICIPATE

winners get nothing except validation for being right

losers have to change their custom title to "The Baby"

poll closes in 15 days due to the fact if it is in the direct someone ("cough" pyoro "cough") will most likely leak that the game is in the direct a few days to a week beforehand

I’m going to say yes this time. Knowing this is likely to be the last Direct before the Switch 2 is revealed (maybe one more in September), it feels like the right time to finally bring it back. I’m hoping for Prime 2 just as much though as it’s a favorite of mine.

QugM6Yf.png

I was expecting it as cross gen but now I think that the switch 2 delay made MP4 the last big game for switch.

Reveal in June, release in October.

To be honest, I'm more obsessed with getting Prime 2/3 ports before I even think about Prime 4. I never completed 3 because I couldn't get down with the motion aiming, so being able to finally finish/enjoy Prime 3 is the highest on my list.

So if they are gonna announce 4 for release later this year, I really hope they shadow-drop a Prime 2/3 bundle for the direct.

Going to go "Yes". I'm choosing to believe that Nintendo might be ready to have Metroid Prime 4 repeat history and carry a holiday season, just like the original did in 2002. And if that's the case, you gotta start talking about the game soon. Really go for that "Metroid blowout" that Grubb suggested, once upon a time!

Just make sure to say that "the game will be EVEN BETTER ON SWITCH 2" for the cross-play appeal, and that should ensure the game gets success as both the Switch 1's last hurrah and technically a launch title for the sequel.

It's the last chance.

If not now, than the Prime 4 dream is over (on switch).
,, Furukawa here, I’m happy to announce that the development of Metroid prime 4 is going smoothly, stay tuned for more news’’

naruto-hurt.gif

If it’s not there I’m genuinely expecting it to be a cross gen Switch 2 launch title and it’ll release along side 3D Mario.

I voted no purely on vibes and because I think it would be funny. It also kind of feels like maybe they've moved it over to the switch 2 at this point, unless it's this year's holiday title (which I doubt Metroid is big enough to be) just because it doesn't feel like this is really the year for it?

I thought it was a lock until I voted then scrolled down and saw I'd have to call myself The Baby if I'm wrong and now my gut tells me there's nothing more unlikely in all the world

Rebuild of the process, it’s finally happening.
The final swan song of the switch.
In June I’m finally free of this blemish in my fami account. Let’s fix the process

Nah, they've worked on this game for more than seven years, I don't think they're going to throw it at the twilight of Switch. They will keep it for the Switch 2 launch. I'd sooner expect 3D Donkey Kong as a final hurrah.

Nah, they've worked on this game for more than seven years, I don't think they're going to throw it at the twilight of Switch. They will keep it for the Switch 2 launch. I'd sooner expect 3D Donkey Kong as a final hurrah.
Since it will probably be playable on both, they could still reveal it before Switch 2 and then do some cross promotion or announce an enhanced SKU/next gen patch/whatever later

Will The Process finally reward our good faith??
The Process is its own reward.

(but seeing Metroid Prime 4 would be awesome)
Rebuild of the process, it’s finally happening.
The final swan song of the switch.
In June I’m finally free of this blemish in my fami account. Let’s fix the process
You only had to keep that tag for two weeks, Kartina!

The Process is its own reward.

(but seeing Metroid Prime 4 would be awesome)

You only had to keep that tag for two weeks, Kartina!
I know, I forgot to take it out after 2 weeks so I decided to keep it until the announcement. It’s my cross to bear

Nah, it won't show up next month and it won't appear in the initial lineup for Switch 2 either. Fall 2026 release.

I know, I forgot to take it out after 2 weeks so I decided to keep it until the announcement. It’s my cross to bear
That's... respectable. You Trusted The Process, but were also willing to humbly concede defeat, bearing the cursed mark and walking the earth like some sort of penitent biblical figure of the modern age.

But don't worry.

Our messiah is on her way.

53169637465_de95b23dd7_o.png

I’m starting to cave to the idea that it’ll be a holiday 2024 title with Switch 2 improvements next year. So I voted yes. It’s not what I want, but they’re still focusing on Switch this year and the software lineup has to fill out somehow.

Nah, it won't show up next month and it won't appear in the initial lineup for Switch 2 either. Fall 2026 release.

How morbid.

Lol I voted before I read the first post.

Me too but I will gladly take on the title if it means Metroid Prime 4 is Switch 2 launch (window).

I suppose it could also show up in June and get a 2025 release date. Either way I’ll be too happy to care.

I don’t care to vote in polls where my avatar and/or title is on the line, but fuck it. I’m going all in. Metroid Prime 4 will be there.

#TrustTheProcess

This is the first time I actually believe it will happen and will be a bummer if we don't see it. It should be close if the leaks about QA are true.

I've been on the losing end of every single Metroid Prime 4 betting thread so rather than tempt fate I'll just sit this one out.

I voted yes. Fingers crossed for Prime 2 shadowdrop, Prime 3 release date, and Prime 4 Rereveal teaser that shows just enough without showing too much.

Yes.

"Joe you've said yes before every Direct"

But this time I'll actually be right!

Yeah, it's time. Full reveal with a mix of gameplay and cinematics, dated for October.

I'll throw out an unpopular take and say they'll also show off MP2 remastered, but 3 will be MIA.

Back
Top Bottom