• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Predictions BETTING POLL: Will Metroid Prime 4 Show Up In The June 2024 Nintendo Direct?

Prime 4 At June Direct

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Voted yes.

It being "saved" for a crossgen release never made sense to me. It's not Zelda, and they have enough stuff for Switch 2 (3D Mario, Mario Kart...), and MP4 got announced all the way back at E3 2017. Some Metroid fans literally bought that console for that game lmao. It's time to release it this fall season.

Assuming the game isn't totally dead in the water, yeah I think it's time. This is the last big thing we know exists for the Switch and it would be a hell of a way to go out.

I don't think so. I think they will instead announce Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Remastered, Metroid Prime 4 will be released in 2025 and will be cross gen.

I hope yes, but I voted no. I'm playing both sides so that I always come out on top.

Nintendo will often show off games further out than the stated focus of a direct as a kind of teaser. I also noted Furukawa was quite clear in saying Switch 2 will not be at the direct. He didn't say anything about software. In fact the announcement seemed like something they felt they had to do because software announcements by 3rd parties would start to point at the Switch 2 or devs may want to mention the Switch 2.

I said all that to circle back to the fact that I think if MP4 does show up, it could still carry a 2025 date and it may be kind of obvious that it is cross gen.

Last edited:
Voted yes.

It being "saved" for a crossgen release never made sense to me. It's not Zelda, and they have enough stuff for Switch 2 (3D Mario, Mario Kart...), and MP4 got announced all the way back at E3 2017. Some Metroid fans literally bought that console for that game lmao. It's time to release it this fall season.

Mario and Mario Kart can't fill a whole year's release schedule. What else they got?

Mario and Mario Kart can't fill a whole year's release schedule. What else they got?
OT but i'll comment:
Mario and MK will definately be in Switch 2's first year. We may even get a MK8 Dexlue 'Switch 2' patch to entice Switch owners to upgrade, but i feel like Zelda will be in the launch window as well.

It's too soon for a full blown Zelda mainline title, but it could be a Warriors game or a 2D Zelda game.

Other likelies will be Fire Emblen and Xenoblade.

3rd party support will be strong on Switch 2.

I'm sure it will.
Also do we have common day for a Direct? It's like either tuesday or thursday?

If it's on a thursday it's either on 6, 13, 20 or 27 of june.

Look, I'm not trying to get out or anything, but when I lose, please remind me this thing happened. I'm not thinking or sleeping straight, so there's a great chance I'll forget about this within the next 50 minutes or so.

What if they reveal Prime 4 in the direct, 2025 release, and mention it'll be on the Switch and Switch successor, similar to how at E3 2016 they showed off Breath of the Wild on the Wii U while also mentioning it'll be on the NX?

Also keep in Mind that Metroid is not Zelda
If it becomes cross-gen, it will be a support tile for the launch window, not the main draw.

So I'm not sure how Nintendo will approach that announcement (of crossgen) they could keep quiet until Switch 2 reveal and quitely drop the Switch version or they could do the opposite and focus on it as the Switch's last AAA Nintendo game, then quietly announce an upgrade patch for Switch 2 after that plantform is rvealed.

Either way will work, it's all up to Nintendo and what they need at any moment. And Metroid being a supporting title probably is actually a good thing as they have a lot more flexibility compared to a Mario or Zelda where you know those are key tentpoles.

100%. If prime 4 was not in this direct this direct would not exist. We’re going to get a lovely Metroid Oled model as well.

iirc, there's a limit to the number of @ mentions you can put in a single post before some (all, even?) straight-up don't alert the people you're tagging. I think I remember that happening when you @'d everyone in the #TheProcessBroke group. I'll try to find out what that limit is and let you know.
@SpaceGodzilla, your @ alert max has been raised from 5, all the way up to 300 for this bet. Hopefully you won't need that many...

It can but I honestly think it’s more likely it’ll be showed off as a cross-gen when the Switch 2 is fully unveiled. A lot of games benefit from launch day or launch year hype and I think that’d definitely help Metroid become a much bigger hit

If I’m wrong, oh well, fine with being The Baby

It will be a cross-gen tittle the same way Breath of The Wild was.

It will close out the current generation and begin in the next generation. Makes sense to me.

next week we get something, either the direct or pyoro leaks
I don't really like leaks, but if they're unavoidable, I hope Pyoro at least tweets about Trusting The Process. He's referenced Fami before, and those in the know (us) would be overjoyed with what's basically explicit confirmation of MP4's presence in the Direct.

Metroid Prime 4 better show up, or else we'll have to open a daycare for all these babies.

full.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom