• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Best Nintendo Dog

Who is the best Nintendo dog?

• Poochy

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • Polterpup

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • Oatchi

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Other

Votes: 28 32.6%

• Total voters
Who do we think is the best Nintendo dog character? Personally I say polterpup because he is mischievous but loving at the same time and he choose Luigi to be his companion rather than the other way around

ece762da2e9d4b8ade398eff4d768620fe2b1e40.gifv

Nintendogs are best Nintendo dogs

The dog in Wii Fit jogging where if you follow it you climb a mountain and cross a rope bridge. It was a cool dog, I believe it was also the one that required the fastest pace to actually join.

the shiba from Odyssey

(if we can extend this to dogs that were at any point exclusive to Nintendo though, it's Missile Ghost Trick and it's not even close)

Get yourself a dog fast enough to reliably use the Shield Snatcher before any of your party hits a boss' shield, and then spend the rest of the fight using damaging items and fast healing.

1.) Goatchi
2.) Poochy
3.) Isabelle
4.) The old dog from Rusty‘s Big Red Deal or Something

As much as i love the other dogs, there is only one that fits the description, she even has her own fan song somewhere on the internet.
P4_Moss.png

Every time someone mentions Nintendogs I just get sad because somewhere out there is my copy with my Nintendogs dying of thirst but death never comes.

When all Nintendogs are good, great, goodest, they are all equally best.
That said, I just really really want an excuse to flex my goodest bois Pokemon team from OG Pokemon Violet.

6f4457c214147213fd37fedd4390be95b27522f7.jpg

Maybe I just missed it, but did this thread really progress this far without a single mention of the legendary K.K. Slider?

Judging them strictly as, well, dogs, Polterpup clears everything and everyone.

Moss ascends beyond simply being a dog though, so it's a difficult choice.

I mean Isabelle is the number 1, but if we're speaking purely as in acting like a dog than I'd say Polterpup.

Oatchi gets my vote out of the list. He is a very good boy. It feels likes it missing a bunch of dogs though, feels small.

Here are some other good Nintendo dogs who haven’t already been mentioned here:
Princess_Portrait_%28Another_Code_Recollection%29.png
Dogart.png
Digby_PC.png

But if raccoon dogs—aka tanuki—count as dogs here, then I have to go with one of them because I’m biased, lol. But which one…?

Tom Nook? Nah.
Tanooki Mario? No.
Pon? Nope.

No, I gotta give it to the best Nintendo tanuki (and sadly one that very few people are familiar with)—Ara-o!

OkCCl2f.png

I voted for Poochy because it's the dog I grew up with, but I love Oatchi in Pikmin 4. Both dogs are so cute, anyway.

Here are some other good Nintendo dogs who haven’t already been mentioned here:
Princess_Portrait_%28Another_Code_Recollection%29.png
Dogart.png
Digby_PC.png

But if raccoon dogs—aka tanuki—count as dogs here, then I have to go with one of them because I’m biased, lol. But which one…?

Tom Nook? Nah.
Tanooki Mario? No.
Pon? Nope.

No, I gotta give it to the best Nintendo tanuki (and sadly one that very few people are familiar with)—Ara-o!

OkCCl2f.png
Wow, from Sushi Striker of all things! I had to Google that one. Cute!

Wow, from Sushi Striker of all things! I had to Google that one. Cute!
Yup! Also the first two dogs I posted are Princess from Another Code: Journey into Lost Memories and the dog from Kid Icarus: Uprising. And I hope I don’t need to clarify who Digby is for anyone, but with how little attention he gets compared to his sister I wouldn’t be surprised if people are unfamiliar with him, sadly. =P

They're all great. I love the new dogs in Pokemon Scarlet/Violet, but Furfrou has a special spot for me - the only Gen VI Pokemon I really like, and its shiny is black, just like my Groodle. The trim mechanic is really cool too.
hpp88ihao2p91.jpg

Yup! Also the first two dogs I posted are Princess from Another Code: Journey into Lost Memories and the dog from Kid Icarus: Uprising. And I hope I don’t need to clarify who Digby is for anyone, but with how little attention he gets compared to his sister I wouldn’t be surprised if people are unfamiliar with him, sadly. =P
Oh, I totally didn't recognize that from Kid Icarus: Uprising. I loved that part of the game! That was so creative and surprising.

Back
Top Bottom