• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Deals Best Buy: B2G1 on Switch Games with $50 membership (Includes first party pre-orders) [Dead for now]

I honestly think Pikmin was a very underrated series. I'm still glad it's being given the light of day.
I have never played it so I would like to give it a try. I just can't justify spending $79.99 on something I might end up not caring for. I am moreso considering Pikmin 1+2 when it comes out as it is a bit cheaper.

Quoted by: SiG
I have never played it so I would like to give it a try. I just can't justify spending $79.99 on something I might end up not caring for. I am moreso considering Pikmin 1+2 when it comes out as it is a bit cheaper.
It isn't $79.99 though, but $69.99, which is...the same price as other Nintendo 1st party releases.

I would say that the Pikmin 1 & 2 collection might be a better fit given your case, but likewise, the newer installments tend to address several of the "issues" early installments had. A case in point is the time-limit imposed on the first installment in the series: For some, like me, this was what gave the game its tension, but for others, they might see it only as a stress factor.

It isn't $79.99 though, but $69.99, which is...the same price as other Nintendo 1st party releases.

I would say that the Pikmin 1 & 2 collection might be a better fit given your case, but likewise, the newer installments tend to address several of the "issues" early installments had. A case in point is the time-limit imposed on the first installment in the series: For some, like me, this was what gave the game its tension, but for others, they might see it only as a stress factor.
Sorry I'm Canadian. I was using CDN prices.

I just confirmed that the deal is still live today, so hopefully that bodes well for this being a regular (if not permanent) fixture for BB. Who knows, maybe it'll be gone starting this weekend. But I can definitely imagine BB recirculating the deal when a bunch of new games are announced at Xbox/Sony/Nintendo showcases

I just confirmed that the deal is still live today, so hopefully that bodes well for this being a regular (if not permanent) fixture for BB. Who knows, maybe it'll be gone starting this weekend. But I can definitely imagine BB recirculating the deal when a bunch of new games are announced at Xbox/Sony/Nintendo showcases

The second test will be if it's still up this time next week! (I'd hope so)

July and the deal is still valid. This will absolutely murder my wallet if it's truly a permanent, or even a multi-year add on. This deal is as good as GCU if you can find games in threes.

July and the deal is still valid. This will absolutely murder my wallet if it's truly a permanent, or even a multi-year add on. This deal is as good as GCU if you can find games in threes.
The only time I mass preorder Switch games is immediately after a Direct anyway, so just imagining the wealth of quality titles that could come from the next THREE directs before our memberships renew in late June 2024 is unbelievable. Counting Pikmin 4, I could be looking at 3-4 completely free Switch games over the next year, and that's not even considering the likelihood that the new console and a blowout software presentation could be on the horizon by mid 2024!

The only time I mass preorder Switch games is immediately after a Direct anyway, so just imagining the wealth of quality titles that could come from the next THREE directs before our memberships renew in late June 2024 is unbelievable. Counting Pikmin 4, I could be looking at 3-4 completely free Switch games over the next year, and that's not even considering the likelihood that the new console and a blowout software presentation could be on the horizon by mid 2024!
I'm right there with you. I would at least like to see this through the end of the year to make pre-orders from the September Direct. I have my doubts this would apply to Switch "successor" games, but I wouldn't turn it down either.

Do we know if they will add new games? Right now, there are 4 games that I'll likely be getting, but I need to get that up to 6 for the deal to really make sense.

• Pikmin 4
  • SMB Wonder
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Dragon Quest Monsters

I guess I can go ahead and do an order with the 3 that come out first, and then see if/when new stuff gets announced that it gets added.

Do we know if they will add new games? Right now, there are 4 games that I'll likely be getting, but I need to get that up to 6 for the deal to really make sense.

• Pikmin 4
  • SMB Wonder
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Dragon Quest Monsters

I guess I can go ahead and do an order with the 3 that come out first, and then see if/when new stuff gets announced that it gets added.

AFAIK, everything that has been announced with a release date is up for pre-order. Basically we need to wait for more game announcements cough Suikoden collection cough.

• Pikmin 4
  • SMB Wonder
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Dragon Quest Monsters

The deal works on all Switch games, even if they’re not showing up in Best Buy’s “Offer Builder” page for the deal, so don’t even worry about using that page because it’s misleading. Any three Switch games that you put into your cart will be eligible, including preorders, download versions, and DLC.

The deal seems nice, but I don't like shopping at Best Buy and I usually don't buy a lot of games all at once.

Did this deal go finally go out about the same time I finally got around to being able to use it lol?
No, the deal is still live. It seems to be an indefinitely ongoing perk of the Best Buy Plus membership. I don’t think it’s going away any time soon, don’t worry.

Yeah, I just purchased the membership last weekend and did an order.

Super Mario Wonder + Super Mario RPG + Dragon Quest Monsters

I'm pretty much set for the rest of the year. Normally I'd hold off on getting things at launch and try to wait for a deal, but getting them at essentially $40 each is probably a better deal than I would ever get waiting.

Made use of my membership deal to get Rain Code, Batman Arkham Trilogy, and Read Dead Redemption, the last on being free because of the other two.

Made use of my membership deal to get Rain Code, Batman Arkham Trilogy, and Read Dead Redemption, the last on being free because of the other two.
All good choices - I've heard great things about Rain Code, and the other two are absolute bangers. I hope you experience Live A Live someday soon, maybe if there are two other titles you'd like to buy in the next Direct!

Still waiting on TTYD to be included before I triple-dip with Peach and Mario vs DK

Yea, that is the tricky part for me. I have most things locked up in pre-orders already and I'm not looking to force a bundle right now. Hopefully we get pre-order listings next year in the Feb direct and this sale is still on going.

I’m also having trouble with this, because I don’t want to put Mario vs. Donkey Kong in my order with Princess Peach: Showtime! and Another Code: Recollection since it’d be better to have a third $60 game rather than MvDK which is $50…but the only other $60 games that I’m interested in that I don’t already have ordered are games that I could wait for sales on, like Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol.1, Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince, and Persona 5 Tactica… I’m not exactly itching to get any of those at launch and I imagine they’re all likely to go on sale before long, so I kinda don’t wanna order any of those right now…

I’m also having trouble with this, because I don’t want to put Mario vs. Donkey Kong in my order with Princess Peach: Showtime! and Another Code: Recollection since it’d be better to have a third $60 game rather than MvDK which is $50…but the only other $60 games that I’m interested in that I don’t already have ordered are games that I could wait for sales on, like Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol.1, Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince, and Persona 5 Tactica… I’m not exactly itching to get any of those at launch and I imagine they’re all likely to go on sale before long, so I kinda don’t wanna order any of those right now…
I considered this too but ended up just getting Mario vs DK for the freebie.

The way I see it, it's still $50 savings. If you figure out a third game you really would prefer you can just cancel before 2024 and redo the order

Quoted by: Tye
I considered this too but ended up just getting Mario vs DK for the freebie.

The way I see it, it's still $50 savings. If you figure out a third game you really would prefer you can just cancel before 2024 and redo the order
Yeah, that’s true. I wasn’t thinking about how far out these games are, lol. I just worry that Another Code: Recollection might be a very limited retail release and might sell out by then, though…

Yeah, that’s true. I wasn’t thinking about how far out these games are, lol. I just worry that Another Code: Recollection might be a very limited retail release and might sell out by then, though…
Makes sense. Well imo, while $10 would be nice, I think it's worth it to just get the three games you know you want and save $50 rather than add a game you were gonna wait for a sale on anyway.

But I totally understand the dilemma. I decided what works for me, and I hope you can make a decision you're comfortable with!

On this note, I've saved so much fucking money with this membership lol

I did

SoS: A Wonderful Life
Detective Pika2
WarioWare (saved $50)

Pikmin 4
Mario Wonder
SMRPG (saved $60)

Another Code
Princess Peach Showtime
Mario Vs. Donkey Kong (saved $50)

Plus, anytime I've bought eShop/psn money, I get it through best buy with a discount. After factoring the initial expense, I'm looking at like $160 saved on games this year. Great value if you buy Too Many Games 😂

Hot take:
7z7k6y.jpg

Seems like the deal is done. That sucks. I got a ton out of it though so I definitely got more than my money’s worth. Hoping the prices are locked in at least through March, I haven’t checked yet.

If it doesn’t come back by June I’m canceling the membership for sure.

That's a bummer. I was so close to making another order. I had 2 games in my cart and everything, but was just deciding on what the third would be.

Hopefully this deal comes back.

Oh fuck me. Should’ve gone a little harder on this. Was avoiding buying more games until I actually beat a few but planned to use the deal to get Wonder and some other things.

Ya know 3 orders isn’t so bad. Would have done a 4th but wasn’t sure what exactly I wanted to go with. If only TTYD was up for order in time.

Hopefully it comes back after the holidays. I am set through the end of the year, but I haven't pre-ordered 2024 games at this point.

Aww, what a shame. I wish I got to take advantage of the deal one more time, but it paid for the membership and saved me like 100 bucks overall, so I can't complain too much. If we don't have a similar deal by this time next year I'll probably cancel, but given that I purchase stuff from Best Buy already, I don't mind riding out the rest of the sub and seeing what happens.

What the hell… I mean, I definitely saved money on it, but I would’ve done a few more purchases if I knew this was ending… What’s even the worthwhile benefit of this membership now??

Yes, I saved $10 on my first go-around because of the $50 membership start. You would save $60 on any deals moving forward for the rest of the year
I'm sorry for how smug this may sound but I'm genuinely curious if you saved your next 60

even if you didn't you still saved ten dollars that I didn't lol

I'm sorry for how smug this may sound but I'm genuinely curious if you saved your next 60

even if you didn't you still saved ten dollars that I didn't lol
DAMN I was waiting for TTYD to go up for preorder to complete another trifecta, that blows lol

DAMN I was waiting for TTYD to go up for preorder to complete another trifecta, that blows lol
OOF

cherish your ten I guess: my stupid ass was like "I'm not even buying three games this fall" and then Nintendo made a good 2D Mario and Smooth Moves 2 lol

edit: ...which were announced already? I guess I was on the fence still

Tbt to Best Buy’s gamer’s club. I spent so much money at Best Buy back before they discontinued this. Now I hardly ever shop there.

psst Best Buy if you bring this to Canada I might actually patronize your storefront again

I have a feeling they discontinued this before Black Friday (which starts in October for them 🙃) since like GCU before it the promotion ridiculously stacked with other deals. If a $60 game was already on sale for $40 and you bought three of them you only paid $80 instead of $180 which is absurd. I took full advantage of how it worked a few times. I also got a free copy of Detective Pikachu I might have skipped on lol.

Ugh....I decided to wait until now to do this in case more games were getting announced -_-. Should have been quicker, oh well, I'll just wait for the next B2G1F program I guess.

Damn, just discovered it's gone. I would have bought more if I knew it was ending, but I was trying to pace my spending a bit. Looks like the 15% off on eShop cards is over now as well. So now my membership is worthless. Such bullshit that they can drop benefits before the end of the term. I'm calling customer service to try and cancel my membership and get a prorated refund.

EDIT:
Chatted with customer service. The base refund amount is based on how much time is remaining in the subscription, but then they subtract any savings you got from the membership. So if you used this deal at least once to get a free game valued at $50 or higher, the refund amount would go to $0. So basically no point in cancelling. We just have to pray that their CEO will give us back the deal that they advertised as an "everyday" deal.

From this point forward, I'm avoiding Best Buy and their scummy practices. I'll stick with Amazon, Target, or Walmart when possible.

Last edited:
So apparently it is back for this weekend only. Currently live if you have the membership plan.

Wow, thanks for posting this posting this! Guess it ended up working out that Best Buy wouldn't let me cancel the membership with a refund.

I picked up 4 more bundles. Still some more games I'd be interested in picking up, but I think this is enough spending for 1 weekend lol.

Bundle 1:
  • Unicorn Overlord Collector's Edition
  • Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island
  • Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes
Bundle 2:
  • Super Mario Bros. Wonder (w/ free art print)
  • Anonymous; Code SteelBook Launch Edition
  • Persona 5 Tactica
Bundle 3:
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Sonic Superstars
  • Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince
Bundle 4:
  • Silent Hope: Day One Edition
  • Mon-Yu: Defeat Monsters And Gain Strong Weapons and Armor. You May Be Defeated, But Don't Give Up. Become Stronger. I Believe There Will Be A Day When The Heroes Defeat The Devil King
  • Under Night In Birth II [Sys:Celes] (w/ free Season Pass)

I picked up two bundles.

Bundle 1 ($50 games)
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Star Ocean Second Story R
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong

Bundle 2 ($60 games)
  • Advanced Wars Reboot Camp
  • Another Code Recollection
  • Princess Peach Showtime!

The deal's back for another weekend!

I wish I had a second game I wanted to order to take advantage of the deal again…

Only Switch game I haven’t ordered that I currently want is the Apollo Justice Ace Attorney Collection.

Glad to see that it seems like they will bring this back occasionally. I've already made the orders for the stuff that I want, so until new stuff is announced, I can probably sit this one out.

Back
Top Bottom