• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Deals Best Buy: B2G1 on Switch Games with $50 membership (Includes first party pre-orders) [Dead for now]

Just came to post this. Got 3 orders in, mostly pre-orders. Seems to work for everything. Amazing deal.

You beat me to the thread! Yeah, this deal is too good to pass up. Just paid $50 for the membership, then immediately preordered Mario RPG, Mario Wonder, and Pikmin 4. $10 saved right there, $60 saved for any future triple packs, and we have September, February, and June Directs to get through with tons of potential for more savings before the first year expires.

Also, this deal is under Everyday Deals on Best Buy, so it's seemingly not limited yet at all and can be taken advantage of anytime. Kind of incredible

Last edited:
Sure would be nice if Best Buy Canada had some nice deals like this 🥲 I too would like to save money

The plot seems to thicken. It seems like just about every Switch game is included

Damn...Best Buy got me. I do typically preorder things I know I will like so I snatched up Pikmin 4, Wonder and Super Mario RPG.

Going to stick with my “Costco eShop credit for $45” versus this. I know digital games are eligible. I am really, really tempted though.

Last edited:
...anyone want to lend me their Best Buy account?

I would get Wonder/Mario RPG + something else but I'd have to pay for an account.

I think I have enough game choices to really take advantage of this. It's just a do I want to spend $120 on each go vs just naturally waiting for sales for some of these titles. Most of my wants are third party games at this point in time and those actually do have healthy sales for the most part.

I really do hope this stays as an every deal day kind of thing.

Is it known if this is going to be an ongoing perk of the membership or is it only for a limited time? Couldn’t find any specific answer to that. If this is indeed a permanent membership bonus, though, this is amazing! It’s more or less Best Buy bringing back Gamers Club Unlocked, which was the reason why I originally switched to using Best Buy for games in the first place. Honestly I’ve been considering going to somewhere else like Target for my games instead since Best Buy has been getting shittier and shittier in recent years (and their curbside pick up just straight up never worked for me, despite the website and app repeatedly telling me otherwise), but this would make me stick with them after all. And unlike GCU, it actually works on DLC and digital games, too! Too bad game accessories like amiibo and controllers aren’t eligible, though.

Ended up doing two orders:

-Mario Wonder
-Mario RPG
-Pikmin 4

-Warioware
-Tunic
-Pikmin 1/2

Is it known if this is going to be an ongoing perk of the membership or is it only for a limited time? Couldn’t find any specific answer to that. If this is indeed a permanent membership bonus, though, this is amazing! It’s more or less Best Buy bringing back Gamers Club Unlocked, which was the reason why I originally switched to using Best Buy for games in the first place. Honestly I’ve been considering going to somewhere else like Target for my games instead since Best Buy has been getting shittier and shittier in recent years (and their curbside pick up just straight up never worked for me, despite the website and app repeatedly telling me otherwise), but this would make me stick with them after all. And unlike GCU, it actually works on DLC and digital games, too! Too bad game accessories like amiibo and controllers aren’t eligible, though.

According to the Everyday Offers section of their membership site here it may just be a consistent perk.

Best Buy must really understand a lot of us US Nintendo players buy physical in droves when possible lol

Quoted by: Tye
According to the Everyday Offers section of their membership site here it may just be a consistent perk.

Best Buy must really understand a lot of us US Nintendo players buy physical in droves when possible lol
Yeah, that’s why I was thinking that too, but then at the very top of the page it says “Today’s featured deals and top tech. Valid through 6/29/23.*” and I’m not entirely sure what all that is supposed to apply to. Do we know if all the other deals in the “Everyday offers for Plus and Total members” section have been permanent so far, too?

I already made three different orders of three games each, and I could do another but it’d be for third-party games that aren’t as big of a priority for me and that I expect to go on sale later (like Sonic Origins Plus, Samba de Amigo: Party Central, Super Bomberman R 2, and Persona 5 Tactica), so I’m not sure if I should wait or not, lol. If this deal isn’t a limited time thing though then I wouldn’t have to worry about whether I’m gonna get those games or not before the 30th.

I'd expect this buy two get one free is a limited time deal. That'd basically be as wild as their gaming club discounts (which stacked with other promotions) which I can't imagine they'll ever return to. (I wish, it was absurd)

Everyday Offers to me reads as offers they offer regularly, rather than every day they'll offer these offers.

...anyone want to lend me their Best Buy account?

I would get Wonder/Mario RPG + something else but I'd have to pay for an account.
Haha I was thinking the same thing, it’s a shame you can’t like share an account 😂 guess I have plenty of friends that buy games, maybe they’d go for it

Yeah, that’s why I was thinking that too, but then at the very top of the page it says “Today’s featured deals and top tech. Valid through 6/29/23.*” and I’m not entirely sure what all that is supposed to apply to. Do we know if all the other deals in the “Everyday offers for Plus and Total members” section have been permanent so far, too?

I already made three different orders of three games each, and I could do another but it’d be for third-party games that aren’t as big of a priority for me and that I expect to go on sale later (like Sonic Origins Plus, Samba de Amigo: Party Central, Super Bomberman R 2, and Persona 5 Tactica), so I’m not sure if I should wait or not, lol. If this deal isn’t a limited time thing though then I wouldn’t have to worry about whether I’m gonna get those games or not before the 30th.

I have no clue, everything is so new.

I was going to just check in the next couple of days to see if they are still there. If so, then I'll just get pay for one year as I do get most of my physicals at Best Buy (mostly thanks to old GCU habits lol) and grab a few things I missed out on like Octopath 2 and Kirby and the Forgotten Land.

I am intrigued my this deal but I would only do this if it were a long running deal.

This is a pretty wild deal. There were eight games I was interested in, so I canceled my Pikmin 4 preorder and just threw it on here to get that for free. Detective Pikachu I was on the fence with, but with three being the magic number here and since I could shuffle Pikmin around why not. Free is free.

Preordered:

Pikmin 4
Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails
Pikmin 1+2
Disgaea 7
Detective Pikachu Returns
Super Mario Wonder
WarioWare
Super Mario RPG
Persona 5 Tactica

Basically set on physical Switch games this year except Star Ocean 2 which Best Buy hasn't listed yet. Do PS5 next Best Buy :)

This is a pretty wild deal. There were eight games I was interested in, so I canceled my Pikmin 4 preorder and just threw it on here to get that for free. Detective Pikachu I was on the fence with, but with three being the magic number here and since I could shuffle Pikmin around why not. Free is free.

Preordered:

Pikmin 4
Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails
Pikmin 1+2
Disgaea 7
Detective Pikachu Returns
Super Mario Wonder
WarioWare
Super Mario RPG
Persona 5 Tactica

Basically set on physical Switch games this year except Star Ocean 2 which Best Buy hasn't listed yet. Do PS5 next Best Buy :)
It's crazy. I would definitely pick up DP Returns for free, and I already want Pikmin 1 + 2, so all I need is one good new game shown during the September Direct to make another 3-pack combo -- possibly even a 3rd B2G1 opportunity if they date Peach and Dark Moon Remastered

How would an eShop shadowdrop work with this deal - let's say an F-Zero GX Remastered in the September Direct? Would Best Buy have digital codes for something like that, or would it be eShop only?

If this is permanent I will be signing up this weekend! I told myself that if the Supreme Court decides to cancel student loans I'll celebrate by getting a lot of games that have been on my wishlist for awhile and this would be even better!

I was able to get 12 games and some digital credit with this offer. Incredible deal. I was able to mooch off a friend so I skipped the $50 buy-in as well. Saved a ton.

How would an eShop shadowdrop work with this deal - let's say an F-Zero GX Remastered in the September Direct? Would Best Buy have digital codes for something like that, or would it be eShop only?
That would theoretically be eligible, assuming nothing changes. Pikmin 1+2 (digital) was shadow dropped and it is included in this deal.

I was able to get 12 games and some digital credit with this offer. Incredible deal. I was able to mooch off a friend so I skipped the $50 buy-in as well. Saved a ton.

That would theoretically be eligible, assuming nothing changes. Pikmin 1+2 (digital) was shadow dropped and it is included in this deal.
Fantastic. That's another triple threat for me with a presumed GCN shadowdrop in September, Pikmin 1 + 2, and DP Returns. Thanks!

How does Best Buy handle pre-orders? Does it only charge once the first item ships, or does it charge for each item as they release?

How does Best Buy handle pre-orders? Does it only charge once the first item ships, or does it charge for each item as they release?

Best Buy will charge right away, but put the money back in your account. And then they’ll continue to do periodic checks to make sure the money is there and keep refunding it, but not exactly sure on the time frame here. The final charge will happen when it ships.

Will this promotion expire or is it indefinite? I don't have the backlog nor the income to justify spending $110+ on games atm but I may later

So far it is two days later since this deal was discovered with the new Best Buy services and the deal is still being offered for Switch games only.

Might turn out to be a genuine everyday deal.

Will this promotion expire or is it indefinite? I don't have the backlog nor the income to justify spending $110+ on games atm but I may later

So far it is two days later since this deal was discovered with the new Best Buy services and the deal is still being offered for Switch games only.

Might turn out to be a genuine everyday deal.

Supposedly today is the last day for the deal, but that is based off of a customer service chat that Wario64 had with BBY. Take it with a grain of salt.

Supposedly today is the last day for the deal, but that is based off of a customer service chat that Wario64 had with BBY. Take it with a grain of salt.

Oh interesting, thanks for the update. I'll keep double checking their site up to next week to see if anything else changes.

Even if it ends, thank God this offer opened up now, just after the Nintendo Direct. I was able to set up what I expect to be all my purchases for the rest of 2023 (assuming we don't get too many last minute surprises.

• Rain Code
  • Trails of Reverie
  • Pikmin 1+2
  • Wario Ware Move It
  • Detective Pikachu
  • Sonic Superstars
  • Super Mario Wonder
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Scarlet + Violet Expansion Pass
And a couple games that released in the first half of 2023
  • Ryza 3
  • Metroid Prime Remastered (have it physically but double dipped digitally)
All in all I saved over $200 without even including tax.

Oh man, I sure hope not. Then again, even if it is the last day for now, it could always come back in time for a September Direct, February Direct, etc., at which point I'd really have no problems with that.

Pay up front.
Do you pay up-front for the pre-orders or do they charge when they ship?
Well BB is a bit of both. They put a pending charge on your card but they remove it after 7 days. Then they don't actually charge until it ships. I've heard people say they place pending charges every few weeks to make sure your card still works but I've never had that happen to me. After the first week, I don't see another charge until the order is a few days prior to shipping.

Looks like a great deal for those who have access to this and are able to make use of it. Not so useful to someone like me who is only going to purchase 3 games total this year (only 2 of which are Switch games)

Quoted by: SiG
Looks like a great deal for those who have access to this and are able to make use of it. Not so useful to someone like me who is only going to purchase 3 games total this year (only 2 of which are Switch games)
Ended up getting Super Mario RPG, Super Mario Wonder, and Pikmin 4 thanks to this deal. Plus I do make most of my purchases from Best Buy.

Ended up getting Super Mario RPG, Super Mario Wonder, and Pikmin 4 thanks to this deal. Plus I do make most of my purchases from Best Buy.
If I was slightly more interested in Pikmin that’d be the combo I’d go for.

I’d do this if I didn’t already have Pikmin preordered via vouchers. Can’t find a third game otherwise.

I’d do this if I didn’t already have Pikmin preordered via vouchers. Can’t find a third game otherwise.
If Arkham Trilogy pops up, I would definitely snag that.

My other alternative choices would've been Raincode.

Back
Top Bottom