• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Politics Beloved snack cake maker Little Debbie is attempting to take over the Ice Cream market

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
7-New-Little-Debbie-Inspired-Ice-Cream-Flavors-Coming-To-Walmart-On-February-1-2022-678x381.jpg

Coming February 1st exclusively at Wal-Mart stores. Technically it's not Little Debbie (They just licensed the brand to Hudsonville Ice Cream.) But it's still major.
These are the flavors.
  • Oatmeal Creme Pies: Vanilla creme ice cream with soft oatmeal cookie pieces and a hint of molasses
  • Cosmic Brownies: Brownie batter ice cream filled with mini rainbow chips and brownie pieces
  • Zebra Cakes: White cake ice cream with yellow cake pieces and a milk chocolate fudge swirl
  • Honey Buns: Honey bun flavored ice cream with glazed honey bun pieces and a sweet cinnamon swirl
  • Strawberry Shortcake Rolls: White cake ice cream with yellow cake pieces and a tart strawberry swirl
  • Swiss Rolls: Chocolatey cake ice cream with chocolate cake pieces and a swirl of whipped cream
  • Nutty Bars: Peanut butter ice cream swirled with chocolatey waffle cone pieces and a thick fudge swirl
Do note that these will only be available in tiny $2.49 pints, clearly saving the larger sizes for the full takeover of the aisle.

People were literally willing to die to eat Blue Bell, I doubt they're gonna just "take over" the ice cream market in the US.

$2.49 is cheap and being sold as pints means I won’t feel bad when I buy one of each and eat them all in one sitting.

Not too jazzed on the honey buns one though. Those don’t even compare to the rest of LD’s lineup.

I really need to try the oatmeal cream pie one. I have a weakness for those. The tie-in cereal was also pretty good.

Cake is one of my fave ice cream flavors so I’d probably give Zebra and Swiss rolls a try. Oh and nutty bars
Oh shoot, I didn't even notice it was cake ice cream. That means I'll need to at least try zebra cake as well. Maybe strawberry shortcake roll.

Oh shoot, I didn't even notice it was cake ice cream. That means I'll need to at least try zebra cake as well. Maybe strawberry shortcake roll.
Cake and cheesecake are 2 of my fave ice cream texture flavors but they’re so rare for pint size ice creams(I don’t buy bigger than that)

Probably the best $2.50 ice cream I’ve ever had. Even enjoyed the Honey Bun kind.

Weak link is the Swiss Rolls kind. Leaves a weird root beer float aftertaste.
Verdict on the Stawberry Shortcake? My favorite part was always the cake paired with the hard frosting on the bottom.

Describe the honey buns

The Walmart close to me didn't have them. I guess I need to look harder.

Verdict on the Stawberry Shortcake? My favorite part was always the cake paired with the hard frosting on the bottom.

Describe the honey buns
Strawberry Shortcake taste is identical to the snack cake. Hard to say much beyond that. It was tasty.

Honeybun is like a cinnamon vanilla ice cream with bits of honey bun in there. It was good, but the honey bun bits are sorta crunchy. (They are frozen after all 🤷🏻‍♂️) So the texture is a little weird.

The big winner for me was Nutty Bar. The ice cream itself tastes like Ben and Jerry’s Peanut Butter Cup with chocolate ganache and wafer instead of peanut butter cups. It was sorta like Denali Moose Tracks.

Wow! I wasn’t ready for this but I might be down.

Back
Top Bottom