• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Awesome Games Done Quick 2022 |ST| Your Annual Boost Power!

That GeoGuessr run was really interesting. Unbelievable geography knowledge and teamwork on display. Highly recommended!

I think I'll check this game out. I've always been a map nerd.

Got a great set of games coming up tonight. I’m excited to see Halo 5, Diddy Kong Racing, Splatoon 2, a 3DS Zelda game (I put my donation toward Majora!) and the last Zelda CDi game.

Also it is barely Wednesday and they are already past 1 million raised!

I really enjoyed the Majora’s Mask run that just wrapped up. It was one of those reprogramming the game runs that I’m not usually a fan of. I think it worked since the runner did such a good job explaining it, the set up was amusingly complicated and still had a part that was relatable, and it didn’t just immediately win the game since they still had to fight Majora with only some bombs and one stick which made a hard fight even harder.

Taz-Mania is the new worst soundtrack I’ve ever heard in a video game lol. Unless the Crazy Bus title screen song is the only song in that game lol.

Looking forward to catching up on last night! It seems like most of my most interested runs are overnight for me this year.

Edit: Oh my gosh, this sonic jam soundtrack is the worst thing ever. What a travesty for a sonic game.

I've been falling behind a bit. Intend to catch up now. Starting with MGS2 blindfold, excited for it!

I always look forward to the awful block!

Taz-Mania was really entertaining. That soundtrack!

I think Meegah Mem would have been a lot funnier with a live crowd. It wasn't as entertaining as I had hoped.

Captain Novolin was pretty funny. There were a ton of other "edutainment" games in those days. I remember one about an asthmatic dinosaur. It always made me sad for some reason.

I generally like the creativity and problem solving that goes into randomizers, like this Kingdom Hearts II run, but it for some reason bothers me how much they changed the game for this one. The added world hub and taking out gummi ships, removing atlantica, and they even commented on adding an out of bounds load zone to an area in case a glitch failed to avoid soft-lock. I get that it's their fun, so by all means do what you want, but it feels a step too far away from the original game for my liking.

All that said, still an entertaining run to watch. Just stretching the limit of speed running a game, and just making your own game to run.

Later edit: Of course, when Rose whips out a blindfold boss finish and every one of the other runners erupts in silent cheers, how do you not recommend at least checking out the end of the run, even if this isn't your thing.

Last edited:
If anyone missed Zadette last night, I'd highly recommend you check that one out. It was....special. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

They just passed the $1.5M threshold! I remember watching AGDQ 2014 (my first GDQ) and seeing them break $1M for the first time. It was so exciting!

There's less than 2 days to go. I know the last day typically brings in a ton of donations, but I wonder how close they'll get to the $3.1M record from 2 years ago. Last year never broke $3M.

EDIT: I'm reading that this is the quickest they've reached $1M, so I'm optimistic!

Last edited:
Going by that Forbidden Memories run earlier, Keizaron burned all his luck in the Pokemon Crystal Key Item Rando. Impressive that he made it all the way to the final boss (the game's final boss rush is notoriously BS), shame he fell at the final hurdle due to bad draws.

Pokemon runs are my comfort food, so I've seen a lot. This was a pretty good run if you are uninitiated! Seeing two versions race adds a fun twist and lets you see twice the runs for your time! Plus the commentators really know what they're talking about. The earlier pokemon crystal randomizer run is also fun if you like pokemon and casual, generally chaotic runs between friends.

Sorry for the double post, but if you're not already watching you need to tune in to this StepMania run. It's impressive in a totally different way than previous rhythm game exhibitions. The creativity from the community on display (and explained by the commentators) is really stunning, and the fact that someone can learn to follow it is crazy!

I’m enjoying this nonsense Stepmania mod pack showcase. The note charts are technically readable, but have as much visual noise distracting the player. Amazing the player is doing as well as he is.

That door incentive payoff was weird lol. I wonder if we’ll get a follow up when we actually cross 2 million.

When the VODs hit, the train skip in Uncharted 2 is gnarly. The camera is just bouncing up and down, and zooming in and out completely out of control.

Might want to turn the stream on soon for a message from the Famiboards team!

Edit: Doesn't sound like they'll do the donation read, but just so you all know we're good for it:

unknown.png

Last edited:
Nice to see the board's team supporting an event from such a positive community!

Edit. I am a sucker for blindfold runs anyway, but this Sekiro run really is on another level. I don't think I'd be able to handle wearing a blindfold for almost 3 hours while trying to focus on something with my other senses.

I feel like the blindfold runs have had such a smooth progression over the years, starting with games with almost no movement, like punchout, to side scrolling types, to certain sections or bosses, and now an entire massive 3d traversal game.

Edit 2: Using camera movement echolocation to track the boss is wild!

And poor commentator with COVID. I've been there. It must be mild given how he sounds and that he's able to talk this much in general. A great example of why we're still doing this digitally.

Last edited:
Sekiro was just absolutely insane. Unbelievable.

Hope by Summer the Event can be held on location. Not expecting it, but a run like that one would've brought the house down with a live audience.

Really hoping we can be in person for SGDQ, but we'll see. Fingers crossed!!

Also really happy about the donation total so far! We're easily going to beat record here. My only hope is we can even beat THAT at SGDQ for MSF ❤️❤️

Everyone is killing it today, as always!

Thanks everyone here who watched, supported, and donated!! ❤️❤️

Really hoping that things work out so SGDQ 2022 can be in person. I miss everyone desperately :(

Really hoping we can be in person for SGDQ, but we'll see. Fingers crossed!!

Also really happy about the donation total so far! We're easily going to beat record here. My only hope is we can even beat THAT at SGDQ for MSF ❤️❤️

Everyone is killing it today, as always!
Amazing finish. Even though I couldn't watch many runs this year due to work, the ones I've seen were great. Atmosphere was amazing.
Fingers crossed for in person events from now on.

I couldn't stay awake for the end, but great to see a new record! Thanks everyone for participating! It's always fun to watch these along with others!

Incredible that an online only event broke the record. Big congratulations to all the GDQ staff/volunteers and runners, must be so affirming to see their hard work pay off.

Back
Top Bottom