• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Atlus leaker: Persona 3 Reload and Metaphor: ReFantazio will come to Nintendo Switch successor

To add a bit to what others have said:
  • ReMetaphor and Persona 3 Reload are most certainly running based on the P5 engine;
  • Said engine was made for the PS3 generation;
  • Persona 5 was a cross-gen title: PS3 and PS4 versions
  • If anything, Metaphor and P3R are games made on an old engine, trying to optimize them to the more next gen of the PS3: the PS4
Yeah, you and everybody else is correct on this one
P3R is on Unreal Engine

This is what I thought from the beginning, but that they couldn’t announce it yet for obvious reasons. Then again with Atlus and the Soul Hackers 2 situation (among others) you never really know.

Really, really want the Switch 2 to be announced sooner than later to resolve some of this kind of thing.

So if metaphor and P3R, PS5 games, can run on switch what’s stopping pretty much every other third party from bringing their games over? If Nintendo continues to cook with first party games, and third parties bring over modern games (PS4-now), what edge would PS/ Xbox have over Nintendo. I’m not trying to console war or anything I just honestly don’t know what they would do better then Nintendo if third party support kicks up
PS4 yes, it easy to come to Switch sucessor(if it have PS4 specs), current gen games will be much harder

Words do not exist to convey how mediocre and utterly bland and forgettable Soul Hackers 2 is.

Atlus is doing you a favour by not acknowledging it again.
Consider the following:

maxresdefault.jpg

Thanks for the clarification! It certainly would be weird, then. Unreal Engine has an optimization profile for the Switch.
Yeah, and Atlus has worked with it before with SMTV. And we just got a ~40fps version of Borderlands 3.

Considering how long simple ports for Switch can take, A Soul Hackers 2 port announcement drop out of nowhere this year wouldn't be surprising at all. they gotta make money out of the game, you know.

I was going to buy a PS5 just for P3 Reloaded tomorrow. Glad I can avoid that foolish purchase now. Thanks leaker!

Credibility: Fantastic track record when it comes to information about upcoming Atlus projects. Most recently, the user in question has accurately leaked the Persona 3 Reload title / announcement date, Persona 5 Tactica title and gameplay, Persona 5 Tactica DLC with Kasumi and Akechi, Persona 5: The Phantom X, and more. TLDR, if they say it, it's gonna happen.

Whose credibility is great here? Meowcat or Midori?

Last edited:
Metaphor: ReFantazio, I understand. It will be released at the end of this year.... Probably after Super Switch.

But Persona 3 Reload, no..... It can very well be ported to Switch.... Atlus has always made strange decisions, anyway.

Just in case, Sal Romano from Gematsu stated in the ResetERA thread of this topic that they still personally think that this specific leaker is just piggybacking off others or stating the obvious, and that they don’t actually know anything.
Yep, and another user, who apparently is a "true" leaker/someone in the know, says the same thing over there:

This is just a guess, and the "leaker" just takes what others have been saying and is getting all the credits for whatever reason.

Whenever I ever see someone from there say that, it always just kinda reeks of being annoyed that the Atlus leaker over there is being beaten to the punch
Why would Sal be annoyed? He's not even a leaker. I think this is a insincere reaction for no reason. And as I've said above, another member who apparently knows some Sega stuff said the same thing. They even suggested the Sonic Fall Guys game before.

Dunno if i buy this particular twitter account, but my general gut feeling is that it would be financially a very bad idea not to have your games release on what's likely going to be one hot in demand successor console that follows a hot in demand console.

As long as you're not taking money from another console maker, of course.

Yep, and another user, who apparently is a "true" leaker/someone in the know, says the same thing over there:
That's not a true leaker, that's Hero's new account after the previous one got banned. They're full of shit, got almost everything wrong. Honestly, I'm surprised their second account lasted this long.

That's not a true leaker, that's Hero's new account after the previous one got banned. They're full of shit, got almost everything wrong. Honestly, I'm surprised their second account lasted this long.
Oh, I didn't know that. Then both aren't worth listening to imo. This midori person needs to have their own actual 'leaks' before I'd consider them a leaker.

I think that on Switch 2 it’s just speculation. They let the door open for Switch 1 and it should be this because of install base.

It only makes sense and because of that that I doubt it, since Atlus behavior in the last 7 years did not make any sense.

Back
Top Bottom