• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Atlus leaker: Persona 3 Reload and Metaphor: ReFantazio will come to Nintendo Switch successor

Slash

Moblin
Banned
Pronouns
He/him

Credibility: Fantastic track record when it comes to information about upcoming Atlus projects. Most recently, the user in question has accurately leaked the Persona 3 Reload title / announcement date, Persona 5 Tactica title and gameplay, Persona 5 Tactica DLC with Kasumi and Akechi, Persona 5: The Phantom X, and more. TLDR, if they say it, it's gonna happen.

Think I might wait to get P3R on Switch 2 then

Was already not getting it right away because of Yakuza and Final Fantasy being so close. Wonder if it'll be a launch game.

Switch 2 launch is going to be absolutely massive, in terms of both launch day and the months following its release

So if metaphor and P3R, PS5 games, can run on switch what’s stopping pretty much every other third party from bringing their games over? If Nintendo continues to cook with first party games, and third parties bring over modern games (PS4-now), what edge would PS/ Xbox have over Nintendo. I’m not trying to console war or anything I just honestly don’t know what they would do better then Nintendo if third party support kicks up

So if metaphor and P3R, PS5 games, can run on switch what’s stopping pretty much every other third party from bringing their games over? If Nintendo continues to cook with first party games, and third parties bring over modern games (PS4-now), what edge would PS/ Xbox have over Nintendo. I’m not trying to console war or anything I just honestly don’t know what they would do better then Nintendo if third party support kicks up
These are PS4 games lol

Anyways, I'll probably wait to play P3R until then, even if I'm still grabbing the collector's edition

Yeah, this seems clear. Both P3 Reload and Metaphor are skipping the OG switch, but P5 did very well on switch and ran well enough, but neither of these games are coming to the switch despite having ps4 versions. It probably costs less time and resources to optimize and make versions for the switch 2 than switch 1

I mean, judging from the trailers, at least P3R doesn't look like anything the Switch couldn't handle, it's likely running on the same underbuilding as Persona 5 (Royal), which technically was a PS4 game anyway 👀

I don’t see myself getting around to 3R for a good long while, so I’ll probably end up getting it for Switch 2, yeah.

Gimme more Switch 2 leaks pls

I mean, judging from the trailers, at least P3R doesn't look like anything the Switch couldn't handle, it's likely running on the same underbuilding as Persona 5 (Royal), which technically was a PS4 game anyway 👀
I still remember when we first saw footage of Soul Hackers 2 some people were worried it was a Switch exclusive 🙊

P3R would be a good choice for a launch window title for Switch 2. I'm already not getting it at launch so I might as well wait for this.

Yeah, this means 130m install base means not much for Sega as they opted out for successor exclusivity. Others could follow this trend, even Level-5 with DECAPOLICE and Gust with the next Atelier game (Atelier games perform much worse on Switch than Persona, honestly).

Would love to see how fast Switch will die. We're not getting as many game announcements as we had in previous years, this might be a sign. Still best to wait until the next Direct. I REALLY hope that at least 2 of the Sega revival games are there.

Anyone paying attention to the state of JP dev has had an inclination that these projects were not going to stay off Nintendo hardware for long.

Big question now is “when?”. If they haven’t started the porting work by now it’s probably going to be a 2025 release.

was already planning on holding out for a switch/switch 2 port, since huge-ass rpgs are way more manageable on handholds; plus i already played 5 on switch and i'm a wierdo who prefers not to split series across multiple platforms if i can avoid it

so i don't know how reliable this leaker is, but i'm sure hoping they're telling the truth

Take it from me; you aren’t missing anything with SH2

But cool, love to see these on the Switch successor
I bought it day one and liked it plenty.

It just deserved more of a budget than a gas station ham sandwich.

Yeah, this means 130m install base means not much for Sega as they opted out for successor exclusivity. Others could follow this trend, even Level-5 with DECAPOLICE and Gust with the next Atelier game (Atelier games perform much worse on Switch than Persona, honestly).

Would love to see how fast Switch will die. We're not getting as many game announcements as we had in previous years, this might be a sign. Still best to wait until the next Direct. I REALLY hope that at least 2 of the Sega revival games are there.
Sega-Atlus are making a long term bet here. They want to get these games out early enough in the life cycle of the new hardware when there won’t be nearly as much competition and consumers will be looking for new content. It’s how Golden grew the franchise significantly by being a Vita release.

I can’t imagine that the new hardware will have as large an install base by the time it ends but it will probably be fairly sizable (somewhere ideally between 3DS and Switch assuming Nintendo doesn’t completely botch it). If these projects turn out well they’ll become staples of “Best of” lists and eShop sales and they’ll continue to make money off them as the user base grows.

hopefully Atlus gets their head straight this time round

how you go from putting out some of the greatest games ever on DS and 3DS and follow those up with a massive stinker on Switch I will never understand

Don't think Sega (and especially Atlus) is really a very good litmus test for that claim given how spotty and honestly quite random their release policy on Switch has been.

Welp, we have our first launch window third party title then (Reload). Because if they know about it now when we're still seven/eight months away from Switch 2 launch, that must mean it's coming soon after.

Was already planning on waiting for both to hit the Switch 2, so it's nice to see a soft confirmation.

Skipping Switch is probably the right move for this team - they’ve only just started to do a lot of multi platform, and Switch tech is just too far removed to be an easy thing to add in.

I respect that we got SMTV and P5R, but moving on probably makes sense for them. They’ll get core audience sales for these titles if the ports are good.

I really hope this ends up being true. I’m 100% there for both on the new platform.

Just in case, Sal Romano from Gematsu stated in the ResetERA thread of this topic that they still personally think that this specific leaker is just piggybacking off others or stating the obvious, and that they don’t actually know anything.
Whenever I ever see someone from there say that, it always just kinda reeks of being annoyed that the Atlus leaker over there is being beaten to the punch

IMG-2583.webp

So so happy if true, these long ass RPG are so much better to play on a hybrid system. Was even tempted to get myself a Portal to play them, but guess I can save that money for now.

Don't think Sega (and especially Atlus) is really a very good litmus test for that claim given how spotty and honestly quite random their release policy on Switch has been.
That's true, but other publishers act suspicious too nowadays. Namco and their Sparking Zero, Square and their Visions of Mana and Capcom and Koei Tecmo having nothing announced (aside from Romance 8 remake) for the remainder of the year... Of course we need to wait until the Direct for more clarity but it does seem like there will be a pretty quick transition to next gen.

Whenever I ever see someone from there say that, it always just kinda reeks of being annoyed that the Atlus leaker over there is being beaten to the punch
Eh, better to pleasantly surprised if it does pan out than expecting it happens. Though this leaker did confirm Goro and Kasumi in Tactica a few weeks before it was officially revealed.

And they claimed that there's gonna be a Sonic Fall Guys game for mobile, so we'll see what comes first and if they are piggybanking, if it's the right information anyway.

Last edited:
I hope so. I’d planned on buying them on my Steam Deck but I’d much prefer Nintendo’s new console. I’d be fine waiting a while.

I hope EVERYONE understands when we say the Switch 2 will get amazing third party from the beginning we mean it.

I hope so. I’d planned on buying them on my Steam Deck but I’d much prefer Nintendo’s new console. I’d be fine waiting a while.
Yeah I was thinking of grabbing it on Steam Deck myself but I might wait, seeing as 1.) P3 is not my favorite, and 2.) the pre order bonuses aren’t giving me the usual FOMO. Maybe Humble Choice will give me a good enough discount to reconsider though.

I'll still be getting P3R on PS5, but I'll definitely be getting Metaphor on Switch 2. I much prefer playing RPG's handheld.

yeah wasn't this the same person that swore that it was coming to switch after people found some stuff relating to a switch version before backpedaling when it became obvious it wasn't actually coming to the switch.
Tbh, I don't buy into this specific leaker, I just think this is really obvious lol. Plus at the very least one what appears to be credible source has mentioned this same thing (in fact, this Twitter leaker might even be piggybacking off of that).

That’s something probable but the big question is when they will release these title, if launch window, year 1, much later, etc….

To add a bit to what others have said:
  • ReMetaphor and Persona 3 Reload are most certainly running based on the P5 engine;
  • Said engine was made for the PS3 generation;
  • Persona 5 was a cross-gen title: PS3 and PS4 versions
  • If anything, Metaphor and P3R are games made on an old engine, trying to optimize them to the more next gen of the PS3: the PS4

To add a bit to what others have said:
  • ReMetaphor and Persona 3 Reload are most certainly running based on the P5 engine;
  • Said engine was made for the PS3 generation;
  • Persona 5 was a cross-gen title: PS3 and PS4 versions
  • If anything, Metaphor and P3R are games made on an old engine, trying to optimize them to the more next gen of the PS3: the PS4
Yeah, you and everybody else is correct on this one

Back
Top Bottom