• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Atlus joins the "G-Mode Archives" series, starting with a formerly mobile-exclusive Shin Megami Tensei game

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
For those unaware, this is a collection of Switch-exclusive re-releases of feature phone games. Which don't typically get re-released like this. It's of particular importantace as the network that hosted a bunch of these games, i-mode. Is shutting down by 2026.

The game in question is Megami Tensei Gaiden: Shinyaku Last Bible, originally released in 2007. and is part of a sub-series that was typically released on the Game Boy prior to this.

They've gotten a few smaller publishers on board. Such as Cave, Jaleco, and even at least one Tetris game. But this is a big step up from that.
Atlus is owned by the same parent company as SEGA, so we could see games from them as well. There certainly is a massive library of Sonic games they could go through, for example.

I wish Level-5 would join this. They released a lot of mobile games, including some exclusive Layon games and a Ni No Kuni spin-off with literally the same pixel-art style as Mother 2 and 3

Last Bible, holy crap. I don't know if this particular game was well received or not, but that's a series I never expected to reincarnate.

This is a cool initiative for sure. I hope they're able to get more interesting titles saved from the void, like the ones posted above (and hopefully below, eventually).

From what I’ve seen of the coverage in Retronauts basically none of the G-mode Archive games receive localization. So I wouldn’t expect this to be any different.
Two have:

WHY only those two I have no clue.

Best news here is that Atlus means Sega may not be far behind... which means the Sonic Cafe games might have a chance, especially the white whale of the bunch; Nakayoshi Chao!:

2002-soniccafe-chaotitle.gif
2002-soniccafe-chao1.gif
2002-soniccafe-chao2.gif
2002-soniccafe-chao3.gif

Two have:

Best news here is that Atlus means Sega may not be far behind... which means the Sonic Cafe games might have a chance, especially the white whale of the bunch; Nakayoshi Chao!:

2002-soniccafe-chao1.gif
2002-soniccafe-chao2.gif
2002-soniccafe-chao3.gif

Those two are in EN because their OG releases got an EN version as well. Especially Topolon, which was a hit iirc

Two have:

2002-soniccafe-chao1.gif
2002-soniccafe-chao2.gif
2002-soniccafe-chao3.gif
Is that a Chao game?? Yes please

This is really cool. Hopefully the same happens for the mobile exclusive DDS/Persona/Devil Summoner games as well. Some of those looked cool!

I remember back in 2020 when G-Mode was taking suggestions and I suggested the ATLUS phone titles. Glad at least one of them is being ported over.

they're now re-releasing the Persona mobile games as well.

this is Megami Ibunroku Persona: Ikuu no Tou Hen, to be specific. based off the original Persona.

it's particularly notable as Atlus has kind of forgotten the first 2 Persona games in recent years. normally focusing all of their work on the far more popular later entries.

Cool, the first Persona game is on the Switch... kind of!

the Majin Tensei subseries has also joined the lineup.
Blind-Thinker_10-29-23-768x432.jpg

Majin Tensei is a simulation RPG released in 1994 for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES). The Gaiden that succeeded the world view of the Majin Tensei series, which was supported by many fans for its unique dark world view and challenging difficulty level, was Majin Tensei: Blind Thinker, distributed on feature phones at the time.

Persona 3 Aigis: The First Mission added to the lineup New
ss_866d9244b47ec3ebeebe142c07df9eae3aab06ec.jpg

The setting of this work is Yakushima, 10 years before the main story "Persona 3". In addition to the original characters of this work, characters that appeared in the main story will also appear and color the story.
Aegis exercises held on an island surrounded by nature. “A certain incident” happened during that time…

Original characters with strong personalities just like the original. What kind of relationship will they have with Aegis from 10 years ago?
that’s right, Japanese feature phones could do 3D graphics.

Back
Top Bottom