• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

PlayStation ASTRO BOT releases for PS5 on September 6, 2024

It's unfortunate Astro Bot is the most uninspired, sterile, mascot character anyone could've created.

images

We also cranked up the number of baddies too with over 70 new types, including massive bosses at the end of each galaxy. Special mention to the deadly cobra queen Lady Venomara who appears in the trailer, waiting for you in her golden lair. Defeating each boss will uncover a wonderful secret but we don’t want to spoil that, so our lips are sealed😊. And for the brave ones of you craving even more challenge, the game comes packed with die-and-retry levels to test your reflexes.
In this brand-new game, you will explore 6 galaxies and over 80 levels in search of Astro’s scattered crew. Hold on tight to your Dual Speeder and dive down to each unique planet, from lush forests, sandy beaches, hot volcanoes to more surprising locations such as a gigantic hourglass or the canopy of a singing tree!

my GOOOOd

Looks awesome! Rescue Mission was great, never got too far in Playroom. Good to see him finally getting a full fledged release though.

giphy.gif

I just....I just need it now. I loved the game that came with the PS5, and this just looks like more of that, just on a larger scale. I love the fact that the PS5 is a space ship. Kinda just reinforces the idea that the design of the console is really alien like to me.

Man, September can't come soon enough.

It's unfortunate Astro Bot is the most uninspired, sterile, mascot character anyone could've created. Of course that suits current day PlayStation very well.

I don't understand why this couldn't have just been Sackboy.
it's odd that they took brand mascot extremely literally lol

Honest GOTY contender right here, I reckon. Game looks fantastic. They showed so much, and it looks like it's gonna be a content dense experience. Exactly what I was looking for after Astro's Playroom left me wanting more.

Unless Nintendo announces something crazy next month, this is now my most anticipated game this year (Pokemon Legends, Monster Hunter Wilds, and Hades 2 full release are next year). And it's out in a little over 3 months???

Astro's Playroom was so good, only really held back by it's short length. 80 levels and 6 worlds??? I'm so there. Linear 3D platformers are back!

Man this looks so nice, both the gameplay and the visuals. Sounds like it has a bunch of content too.

It looks as if F.L.U.D.D. decided to go on its own adventure with some Star Fox levels added for good measure.

Really hyped for this. Looks absolutely fantastic and I’m glad it is coming so soon!

This was the stand out of the direct for me. It will look great on my OLED TV.

I will say I question how wise it is long-term to keep making these games a love letter to the diverse array of PS1-PS3 IPs as Sony continues to put more and more focus on remakes of AAA walking action games and live service games.

Looking forward to see how Kirby and the Forgotten Land sells on PS5. Sony hasn't exactly cultivated an audience that wants casual experiences so I'm wondering how successful it will be.

Rescue Mission was an incredible VR title, and Astro's Playroom was a great technical showcase for the PS5. A full length game was exactly what I was asking for, and I'm glad I won't have to wait long for it!

We already have a lot of promising details here. The scope looks decently expanded - 80 levels, 70ish enemy types, lots of focus on per-level mechanics that integrate with the gameplay alongside those new flying segments. I think what I'd like to see to really take this over the top is some extra movement abilities, something to make the core Astro gameplay a bit more fleshed out. As it stands, I think this will still be a strong game, potentially a GOTY contender.

I regret to inform everyone this is the only PS5 exclusive I'm interested in, and so it's the only PS5 exclusive that Sony won't eventually put on PC. Thems the breaks

It just got a little bit easier for my friends to convince me that it would be cool if I had a PS5. Gonna need way more than just Astro Bot, but... damn, this looks good.

That State of Play was pretty weak but this game looks phenomenal. Can't wait to play it after my roommate beats it!

Also, Grubb is catching tons of Ws this week in gaming news and we all need to form a summoning circle to confirm that his Metroid Prime 4 intel was also correct

Nice, I sold my ps5 back in January as I was short on cash and the only announced game I had any interest in Was SH2. I was going to buy a new PS5 Silent hill release day but will get one for AstroBot now. Would be nice if the pro was out then as well and even nicer if it was just an extra £100.

damn they made Super Mario for hardware fanfiction

looks like it's probably fun to play! but between the familiarity of some of the setup multiplied by "hey look it's a playstation" multiplied by "hey look at all the licenses we own" has me kinda... sour on it.

like. how do I put this?

I'm glad another platformer exists. the team seems to have poured love into it. no matter what similarities it has to other things — good, who cares, give the PSheads a hoppin' fuckarounder.

there's just a core shred of the notion of the exercise that has me like damn. alright. why though. is this not an opportunity to give us a world? at what point does "behold: refráhnce" choke out new bloom?

Looks fantastic, some of the enemies look straight from Mario Galaxy.
I think Astro deserves better than the whole "playstation celebration fanservice/nostalgia" thing though, or at least more subtle about the references. Let it be its own world.

That State of Play was pretty weak but this game looks phenomenal. Can't wait to play it after my roommate beats it!

Also, Grubb is catching tons of Ws this week in gaming news and we all need to form a summoning circle to confirm that his Metroid Prime 4 intel was also correct
What did he say about our process baby MP4?

he did get a huge L of suddenly getting allergies though because of that Game Scent thing lol. (He didn't buy it. It's a punishment iirc).

Back
Top Bottom