• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

RTTP Astral Chain - 4 years on, still as refreshing as a cold raspberry energy drink on the warmest of days.

(Returned to the party)
A game I enjoyed way more than I expected. Should probably replay it sooner than later.

Hoping a sequel is in the pipeline sometime, honestly.

wasn't there this weird rumor that the sequel would be done by Monolith soft for some reason?

This is the first time I hear anything like this, honestly.

Guess it isn't technically impossible because the IP is now apparently fully Nintendo's, and they could get any studio to make a sequel. But I don't think they'd go over PlatinumGames like that if they could avoid it?

I picked this game up when it released but eventually dropped it after the first three files since it didn't click. Then earlier this year I was on a Platinum kick and picked it back up; I tore through the game in three days and had a blast. My only complaint is the common one of the silent protagonist, usually I don't have a problem with it in games like Zelda or RPGs in general but it didn't fit the tone of this game.

Hopefully we'll see a sequel with the Switch successor.

finished it 8 times, basically got everything. 600 hours playtime. Top 3 switch games of all time. It was really a unique and unforgettable experience.

Coming from Platinum, it was no surprise to me that the action hit like a runaway freight trained loaded with fireworks, but what really impressed me was how it unexpectedly blossomed in the quieter moments between.
Soundtrack is fucking A+ too.

Last edited:
This game was really enjoyable
But
The slow walk around investigative police parts got too repetitive and boring. I had to force myself through it… also the red warpy zone places got old as well…

Looked awesome had awesome action was really fun
But those parts were too boring

I need to get back to this and finish it.
Funnily enough, playing Pikmin 4, there are some similarities between the general structure and themes of the two which I am now wondering about.

finished it 8 times, basically got everything. 600 hours playtime. Top 3 switch games of all time. It was really a unique and unforgettable experience.

600 hours? Good lord, you're an utter maniac! 🥰

Coming from Platinum, it was no surprise to me that the action hit like a runaway freight trained loaded with fireworks, but what really impressed me was how it unexpectedly blossomed in the quieter moments between.
Soundtrack is fucking A+ too.

One thing I loath about the Limited Edition, it came with this amazing artbook, that numbered artcard and wonderful CD... A CD having like a quarter of the complete soundtrack! 😭

And it goes without saying that the game absolutely P O P S on the OLED.

Screenshot-2023-08-30-160832.png

(The pro brands one were out)

And it goes without saying that the game absolutely P O P S on the OLED.

Screenshot-2023-08-30-160832.png

(The pro brands one were out)

Absolutely! When I got my OLED model last year this was the first game I popped in and I was not disappointed. Looks fantastic.

It was a fantastic game. I hope that we get a sequel at some point from Platinum games. Not sure where they stand in general right now.

This game was really enjoyable
But
The slow walk around investigative police parts got too repetitive and boring. I had to force myself through it… also the red warpy zone places got old as well…

Looked awesome had awesome action was really fun
But those parts were too boring

Yea, this is my big gripe with the game. Some of those parts became really tedious. It took the game from a 9.0 to an 8.5 for me.

Excellent game, and I feel confident (for no real reason) that we'll get a sequel in the opening years of Switch 2. Platinum on Nintendo consoles is undefeated (except for Star Fox Zero but that doesnt count!)

Back
Top Bottom