• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Aspyr cancels Kotor 2 restored content mod DLC

Law

Rattata
Pronouns
He/him

Very disappointing, thoroughly enjoyed the experience with Kotor 1. Bought Kotor 2 in good faith to support this practice.

I dont want to sound too harsh, but between this and the remake that got taken away from them, aspyr has made a habit of over promising and failing to deliver. Also, is this industry not in a great place at the moment, or are many companies struggling now more than usual? Seems like we get an apology tweet weekly.

Man, that sucks. Was literally the biggest reason to actually buy the game on Switch :/
Also offering another game instead of a refund is kind of a shitty move too, imho.

I dont want to sound too harsh, but between this and the remake that got taken away from them, aspyr has made a habit of over promising and failing to deliver. Also, is this industry not in a great place at the moment, or are many companies struggling now more than usual? Seems like we get an apology tweet weekly.
I think Corona brought a lot of developers under heavy weather, some are handling it better while others are struggling more. Also the general state of the world('s economy) doesn't really help either I guess.

Sad, but after awhile, this is what I anticipated.

I remember reading, likely on r/StarWarsLeaks, that despite Aspyr's lofty claims, there was nothing to suggest they had actually worked out the legal quagmire to be able to actually DO anything relating to utilizing a bunch of fan made materials and appropriating them for official use. The ensuing radio silence and now walk back makes much more sense.

I don't want to sound too harsh but man they suck so much.

Happy reminder that KoToR 1 on the Switch is still having crashes and have never been fixed.
So off course they weren't going to restore KoToR 2 cut content, but thanks for that delicious marketing stunt.

Back
Top Bottom