• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Are Nintendo missing a rhythm game based on their IP?

Something along the lines of what Square Enix do with the Theatrhythm games, or Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory could be sensational.

I mean c'mon it just makes too much sense! They have an almost endless back catalogue of tracks they could use from franchises like Mario, Zelda, DK, Xenoblade, Metroid etc that are well known for their music, that pretty much everyone adores.

Then there's the potential for the sheer amount of fan service and other call-backs they could put into the game that people absolutely live for.

Any major reason why something like this shouldn't exist!? Make it happen I say!

I would buy it day 1,

but to be fair - with the vast amount of IP's and variants of their IP's it's just not impossible to give everything the love they deserve =)

With that said - I hope this is a thing in the future

A new Rhythm Paradise game is just what we need.

It would be a real treat if it included minigames and tracks inspired from the larger Nintendo catalog. I don't know about a whole game entirely focused on that though.

I would buy it day 1,

but to be fair - with the vast amount of IP's and variants of their IP's it's just not impossible to give everything the love they deserve =)

With that said - I hope this is a thing in the future
Didn’t stop Smash Bros Ultimate.

That’s all they need to do, pull the ultimate track list (disregarding most dlc and third party characters)

It would be incredible, but rhythm games don't exactly rock the world on sales usually, so it's not that they're "missing" anything.

Jam_with_the_Band.jpg

I already liked the medleys in Ring fit adventure a lot (Splatoon 2, Breath of the wild, Jump up superstar).
I am sad that they didn't add to it.

Would be interested in a good rhythm game with Nintendo music, yes.

I would love a Nintendo themed Theatrhythm game. It could be based on a single IP like Zelda, or better yet, it could feature music from all over Nintendo's history. I really want to get the FF one that just released, but I just don't have that much nostalgia for that music, outside of maybe a couple tracks.

In fairness, the Switch has Taiko no Tatsujin, Just Dance, and Samba de Amigo. It has lots of fun rhythm games (that I own!).

I had to chime in since my avatar is a rhythm game and all!

I’ve been wanting exactly this for a long time now… I posted about it here in recent months as well:
I’d love for indieszero to collaborate with, like, Nintendo, HAL Laboratories, and/or The Pokémon Company to make a Theatrhythm-like game for Splatoon, Kirby, Pokémon, etc. Or SEGA with Sonic the Hedgehog music. Better yet, give me a Just Dance or Fitness Boxing-like game but for Nintendo or Sonic music—I don’t care who develops it—so I can actually enjoy a dancing/musical fitness game for once. I just wish there were more rhythm games out there that utilized existing video game soundtracks, especially when it comes to Nintendo and Sonic music. There’s, like, pretty much nothing. I don’t believe there are any Sonic rhythm games at all, shockingly, and when it comes to Nintendo, there’s only, like, a handful of games—Wii Music, HarmoKnight, and Ring Fit Adventure’s Rhythm Game mode are all I can think of off the top of my head—but even those only have a few Nintendo tracks as a bonus, which hardly counts for anything.
It’s not entirely new for them, but I wish Nintendo would make more rhythm games. Nintendo has released some excellent rhythm games in the past, like the Rhythm Heaven, Jam with the Band, and Elite Beat Agents games, and of course there’s Wii Music (which I personally enjoyed, as much as I wish they would have done more with the concept), plus some smaller titles like Dedede’s Drum Dash Deluxe and HarmoKnight, but we’ve gotten absolutely nothing in recent years. The closest thing would be Cadence of Hyrule, I guess, but before that there’s been nothing since Rhythm Heaven Megamix which was 7 years ago now. I guess Ring Fit Adventure does have a rhythm game mode, but it’s just a side mode. And I’m not counting Fitness Boxing, not only because Nintendo doesn’t own the series, but also because it just uses MIDI versions of existing mainstream music, not music from other Nintendo games or new music made specifically for a game, which is what I want.

It’s especially tragic because Nintendo has so much great music from various franchises that could be used in a rhythm game along the lines of Theatrhythm, but the closest they’ve ever done to something like that is Dedede’s Drum Dash for Kirby music, aside from them throwing a few songs into other games like Ring Fit Adventure’s rhythm game mode, HarmoKnight, Jam with the Band, and Wii Music. Okay, and I guess Cadence of Hyrule is kind of that for Zelda music, but it’s also not exactly the kind of rhythm game that I want. I want something more like Theatrhythm but with Nintendo music, or even something like Just Dance or Fitness Boxing with Nintendo music. Or, at the very least, I hope we get new installments of some of Nintendo’s existing rhythm game series like Rhythm Heaven or Jam with the Band…

Daigasso! Band Brothers P did have a good amount of Nintendo music, but sadly it was never localized and the series seems to be dead now…

Something along the lines of what Square Enix do with the Theatrhythm games, or Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory could be sensational.

I mean c'mon it just makes too much sense! They have an almost endless back catalogue of tracks they could use from franchises like Mario, Zelda, DK, Xenoblade, Metroid etc that are well known for their music, that pretty much everyone adores.

Then there's the potential for the sheer amount of fan service and other call-backs they could put into the game that people absolutely live for.

Any major reason why something like this shouldn't exist!? Make it happen I say!
Someone can track this down I’m sure, but the developers of Theatrhythm Final Bar Line said in an interview around launch they want to work with Nintendo on a rhythm game. I’d love to see Theatrhythm Nintendo Edition or whatever it ends up called or looking like.

isnt that new bandai namco rhythm monkey game with miley cyrus music nintendo exclusive?

Theatrhythm is the only game I've been playing this year and it will likely be the only game I play all year (the ff pixel remaster arrived last week and it will remain shrink wrapped until I can no longer fight the urge to replay FF5).

I've been thinking about a possible zelda version for ages. In fact last week I went through pretty much every zelda game's OST and jotted down my favorites, and by the end I had more than 150 songs. My list might be a little biased since ocarina and majora collectively got more songs than nearly the rest of the main series combined lol. Still it would be a great opportunity to shine a light on some lesser known entries and spinoffs too, like Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. The franchise really deserves a proper rhythm game in the theatrhythm style and it pains me it's still not a thing.

I could see the Xenoblade 2/3 battle system adapted to a rhythm game fairly easily. The series sure as hell has enough tracks to work with.

Back
Top Bottom