• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Deals Arbys has made a sandwich that's (allegedly) so hot, it comes with a free shake.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
Website_LTO_Jan22_DiabloChicken_Shake.png

You know how this goes, it's probably not that hot.

It's not just a chicken sandwich either, you can also get it in the form of Brisket. at $5.99 per sandwich.

Probably the biggest mistake here is the inclusion of the decidedly not hot ingredients of Lettuce (literally garbage, please stop adding this to anything.) and pickles.
Alongside a redundant (considering the shake) drizzle of mayonnaise.

I have acquired the sandwich.
It's actually decently hot. Certainly more than the typical "spicy" items you get as fast food chains. But it's not even remotely on the level where the shake is a necessity to survive.

let's talk about this. do you mean because they're both colloids they're redundant?
No?
I mean that the mayonnaise serves the same purpose as the shake, toning down the spiciness level of the sandwich.

Is lettuce generally seen as a bad topping?

So long as it's a fresh, I always thought it was welcome. Just gives the burger/sandwich a little crunch.
Good lettuce you either put yourself or at a nicer place is good for this. Fast food lettuce is generally garbage though and I’d prefer to skip.

I’ll try this tomorrow and report back…with no mayo, that shit’s awful. A savory sandwich should never be creamy.

I had the chicken one today and hey, it’s decently spicy! The first few bites were nothing, but the heat sneaks up on you.

Solid sandwich. Don’t know if I’d order it again as the meal+side of Mac and cheese was over $16, but I’m glad I tried it.

I had the brisket version and found it to be very spicy but also very delicious. So much so that i had to get another one a few days later. Second time I had it, it was just okay and it wasn’t until I was finished eating it that I realized why… they forgot to add the mayo. That mayo makes the sandwich as it compliments the rest of it just right.

I love spicy food but find the majority of things labeled spicy to be disappointing on the heat front. I'd like to give this one a try though tomorrow, I'll report back on my findings.

So I went back again today for the third time since they ruined the second one when they forgot the mayo. Ordered it, asked for EXTRA mayo this time, and it was damn good. Even better than the first time I had it. So I can attest that without the mayo, the sandwich is subpar.

And on another note, this was at a different Arby’s location. The Arby’s I went to the first two times no longer offered it. So if you’re interested in trying this, better go asap before it’s gone everywhere.

I had the brisket version and found it to be very spicy but also very delicious. So much so that i had to get another one a few days later. Second time I had it, it was just okay and it wasn’t until I was finished eating it that I realized why… they forgot to add the mayo. That mayo makes the sandwich as it compliments the rest of it just right.
So I went back again today for the third time since they ruined the second one when they forgot the mayo. Ordered it, asked for EXTRA mayo this time, and it was damn good. Even better than the first time I had it. So I can attest that without the mayo, the sandwich is subpar.
Your move @Ray00101

I had one earlier today and it was delicious. It wasn't overwhelming but it had an enjoyable kick. Sadly an employee told me they would be out of the supplies to make them in a couple days so they are going away soon I really hope Arby's brings it back soon, it was a delicious sandwich.

Hey. If they need something to tame the heat because their poor wittle tastebuds can’t stand the heat, that’s on them. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Maybe they can ruin some coleslaw with it after they’re done.
you don't eat mayonnaise, you're simply not allowed to infantilize people online

ew, yucky! (throws BLT)

^ that's you to be clear

you don't eat mayonnaise, you're simply not allowed to infantilize people online

ew, yucky! (throws BLT)

^ that's you to be clear
I’m sorry, I don’t eat food paste.

You know who might eat paste? A child.

Back
Top Bottom