• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Apple TV + Tetris (Trailer) feat. Game Boy

Dekuman

Kremling
Pronouns
He/Him/His

This is what i imagined Console Wars would be like. Look like it tells the story that hews closely to David Scheff's initial retelling in Game Over (based on the trailer)
Unclear what source material they used, but it could have been a mix of various sources as the Tetris story has now been retold many times.

Per Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris_(film)
Nintendo staff are featured heavily. (p..s ben miles is a great actor, but looks nothing like the real Howard Lincoln)

Cast​

The Game Boy reveal in the trailer made me laugh, it looks like they’re showing an alien artifact. It should be fun !

Lol, Yamauchi in his first movie portrayal. looks just like him though.

Should have Gunpei Yokoi too, possibly as the person who introduced the Game Boy. it's his baby.

oh dear, they represented the Famicom version using both of the 80s DOS versions.
FpIC-VvWIAIJZM7.jpg:orig

FpIC-V0WcAAlRmu.jpg:orig

it's a particularly baffling mistake considering it was directly developed by Bullet Proof Software, the company Henk Rogers owned (and would later turn into the Tetris Company.) it's also notably the origin of using Korobeiniki as the Tetris theme, with Hip Tanaka's Game Boy arrangement being noticably influenced by it.

the random action focused elements (like the car chase) are also noticably out of place, and doesn't really match up with the historical record. if anything, a more exaggerated take would closer to Ace Attorney than anything else.
in fact, it reminds me of an infamous creepypasta-esque story about Duke Nukem Forever that was spread as fact for a bit. portraying 3D Realms as a villainous group that uses violence to keep the game in perpetual development to hype up the Unreal Engine.
Faster than I can even remember (literally… I don’t remember) I was knocked out of my chair by I think of all people Tim Sweeney (it was a wooden kitchen chair) and was pinned on the ground by Mike Wilson and Cliffy B (he’s so much stronger than I ever expected). George walks over to my chair and fucking stomps the shit out of it until the legs are broken off. He casually picks up one of the legs that had split into a shit your pants style point and starts tossing it up and down. Scott and Mark Rein alternate on and off saying that I apparently wasn’t aware how real business is done and that if I didn’t want to find out why those two companies had maintained such a strong position in the industry dating back to the shareware days (when it seems people didn’t ask nearly as many questions about why developers appeared, made a game, and then disappeared without a trace)…
I had better reconsider my answer.
(don't worry, the author later came clean and admitted it was written as a joke.)
i wonder if this is the gaming story Apple is gonna adapt next? 🤔

oh dear, they represented the Famicom version using both of the 80s DOS versions.
FpIC-VvWIAIJZM7.jpg:orig

FpIC-V0WcAAlRmu.jpg:orig

it's a particularly baffling mistake considering it was directly developed by Bullet Proof Software, the company Henk Rogers owned (and would later turn into the Tetris Company.) it's also notably the origin of using Korobeiniki as the Tetris theme, with Hip Tanaka's Game Boy arrangement being noticably influenced by it.

the random action focused elements (like the car chase) are also noticably out of place, and doesn't really match up with the historical record. if anything, a more exaggerated take would closer to Ace Attorney than anything else.
in fact, it reminds me of an infamous creepypasta-esque story about Duke Nukem Forever that was spread as fact for a bit. portraying 3D Realms as a villainous group that uses violence to keep the game in perpetual development to hype up the Unreal Engine.

(don't worry, the author later came clean and admitted it was written as a joke.)
i wonder if this is the gaming story Apple is gonna adapt next? 🤔
we'll see in the final version but you'll note the same DOS Tetris is shown in its correct context at 0:13
I wonder if it is a rights issue and BPS/Nintendo refused them on showing the Nintendo Famicom versions? But Game Boy is there.

Back
Top Bottom