• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Apollo Justice Trilogy has a HUGE discount on EU eShop right now (16€ instead of 50€)

Link_enfant

Fashion Dreamer
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm sorry if that doesn't justify a new thread but that's just crazy to me, I didn't expect that.
The game is only a few months old, has VERY positive reviews as it's a much more complete and polished package compared to the first trilogy, even on Switch.

It released at 50€ and for some reason, it just got as low as 16€ on sale which is an insane deal. It almost seems like an error to me, but I felt like sharing it!

Here (UK official site): https://www.nintendo.com/en-gb/Game...llo-Justice-Ace-Attorney-Trilogy-2489387.html

Yea I saw The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles was discounted too but it's not the first time iirc, and I still haven't bought it for one main reason: it's not localized at all and is English only :/ a huge bummer but maybe one day...

At this price, impossible for me to resist. Thanks for the heads-up!

whoa! hard to resist at that price. hope the sale also happens on the NA eshop.

edit: i wonder if the game underperformed? a heavy discount like that this early is kinda crazy.
Same will totally grab if NA has a similar deal.
Capcom could also just have low expectations
Sooo... no news on NA eShop having this huge discount?
Themed sales and major sale updates usually go up on Thursdays

I know it will go as low as 10€ at some point but that's a great drop already so I think it's time to bite!

I remember playing like two cases of the first Apollo game, but I am not sure if I will enjoy the collection knowing that I was not a fan of The Great Ace Attorney, mainly because how bad I found the pacing and how unnecesary long were some expositions. Probably nostalgia talking, but I remember the first two Ace Attorney games be more to the point.

whoa! hard to resist at that price. hope the sale also happens on the NA eshop.

edit: i wonder if the game underperformed? a heavy discount like that this early is kinda crazy.

Maybe, but the pricing was always weird on this.

The first ace attorney trilogy launched at €30, and they for whatever reason decided this trilogy was worth €50.
Are these games Phoenix Wright 4,5 and 6? I have the first collection on Switch and know the game has sequels which I assume this is a collection of?

Yes, these games are ace attorney 4/5/6 and they're named after the new attorney who is co-lead alongside phoenix in the trilogy.

OK I grabed it, thanks for the head's up.
Appolo justice is the last game I didn't played in the franchise, just hope a new game will be announced cause I don't want a world where I can't look forward for a new ace attorney.

Looks like it‘s time to give this series a chance. Bought both collections including Ace Attorney 1 - 6 yesterday.

Picked up the Apollo trilogy, I have the first one on Switch so will play through the whole series one day.

Is that great ace attorney collection good as well? I won’t buy it now but maybe some day down the line if it’s worth while.

TGAA was incredible, but definitely a tad bloaty and in my opinion it had some pacing issues. I find Apollo Justice to be far more streamlined.

Still waiting for a decent price on a physical copy here in the UK but it's really limited and goes £50+ which is crazy :/

This price is really tempting tho...

Edit: wtf, it's £13 on the UK eShop??? That's crazy cheap!

Thanks for the heads up. Really tempted, even though I planned getting it physically in Japan since I also have the first trilogy and GAA in physical copies. But at that price, I might just get it and double dip at a later point when I feel like getting the physical copy.

goddamn that's one of hell of a pricedrop

i'm only interested in AA6 tbh but that's an acceptable price for one game i would say

I remember playing like two cases of the first Apollo game, but I am not sure if I will enjoy the collection knowing that I was not a fan of The Great Ace Attorney, mainly because how bad I found the pacing and how unnecesary long were some expositions. Probably nostalgia talking, but I remember the first two Ace Attorney games be more to the point.
Ace Attorney 1-6 (Apollo Justice Trilogy are 4-6) are far better experiences than GAA which I hated

Me staring at the eShop page right now:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

TGAA felt like it suffered from what felt like the first game having been made with intimate knowledge that they were planning a slow burn game for a full trilogy, and the second game cranking up the pace and story cruft when it became clear they couldn't do more than one more of those. It manages to leave behind some of the baggage of previous games and Shu Takumi still has a slightly better hold of how to break some of the series' narrative preconceptions at a macro level, but the more time goes on the more I realize that AA6 was just an infinitely superior experience. The Apollo trilogy was pretty uneven until the end but I'd say it was more consistent on the whole.

Still waiting for a decent price on a physical copy here in the UK but it's really limited and goes £50+ which is crazy :/
That's because copies are imports. Probably better off importing it yourself from Japan rather than via a middleman. Capcom simply decided if it's not Street Fighter or Monster Hunter Europe doesn't deserve a physical release.

TGAA felt like it suffered from what felt like the first game having been made with intimate knowledge that they were planning a slow burn game for a full trilogy,
To the best of my knowledge, wasn't it always planned to be a duology?

and the second game cranking up the pace and story cruft when it became clear they couldn't do more than one more of those.
Yeah, Ive' read the second game was rushed, but for a rushed product, it came out quite nice, those that particular element of the story really felt like a plot twist that could have gotten more foreshadowing or hints...

TGAA felt like it suffered from what felt like the first game having been made with intimate knowledge that they were planning a slow burn game for a full trilogy, and the second game cranking up the pace and story cruft when it became clear they couldn't do more than one more of those. It manages to leave behind some of the baggage of previous games and Shu Takumi still has a slightly better hold of how to break some of the series' narrative preconceptions at a macro level, but the more time goes on the more I realize that AA6 was just an infinitely superior experience. The Apollo trilogy was pretty uneven until the end but I'd say it was more consistent on the whole.
Edit

Last edited:
As far as official word from Capcom/the dev team goes, GAA was meant to be one game that got stretched into two because they couldn't fit in everything they wanted to do.

The trilogy thing is a fan myth.

From here:
Takumi: It doesn’t matter what the game is, it always turns into an ordeal. Especially Gyakuten Saiban 4 (Ace Attorney 4 - Apollo Justice) and Dai Gyakuten Saiban (The Great Ace Attorney - Adventures) put even more pressure on me than usual, as they were turning points in the series. Dai Gyakuten Saiban in particular was dramatic. The concept was “creating a new Gyakuten Saiban” and we’d welcome Sherlock Holmes, a character I’ve loved for a long time, to the franchise, so I became too ambitious. I came up with the overall flow of the story in the first six months, but I had just stuffed too much into it. Near the end of the development cycle, we faced the painful situation that due to scheduling issues, we had to cut the story up because it would be far too much for one game. I could feel that hit right in my stomach. And I was actually admitted to the hospital twice (laugh).

Interviewer: You had to go the hospital? Were you okay?

Takumi: Once at the end of the development cycle of Dai Gyakuten Saiban, and once at the end of the development cycle of Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 (The Great Ace Attorney – Resolve). I was released both times, so I guess I’m okay? (laugh) So as a result, Dai Gyakuten Saiban had to be split in two games, but it allowed me to work out the story into something greater than I had originally imagined. And there are also parts I changed greatly due to the fan reaction. For example, the plotline that (REDACTED) was actually (REDACTED)…

That's because copies are imports. Probably better off importing it yourself from Japan rather than via a middleman. Capcom simply decided if it's not Street Fighter or Monster Hunter Europe doesn't deserve a physical release.
Here's the funny thing, NA import copies of TGAA was available in multiple retailers online in the UK and were much cheaper, I got a physical copy around £36. I was hoping it would be the same but since there's so many TGAA physical copies widely available, I assume it didn't sell well enough for UK online retailers to justify importing physical copies of Apollo Justice trilogy.

As far as official word from Capcom/the dev team goes, GAA was meant to be one game that got stretched into two because they couldn't fit in everything they wanted to do.

From here:
Not surprising. The first game felt like there were a lot of stuff that got shafted, even during the first case, which is usually the tutorial case. And even the second game needed a longer final case, or a sixth one (which I honestly thought the game would pull: breaking series tradition by being the first game ot have six cases).

I really didn't like how they randomly turned Gregson into a part of the Reaper of the Bailey and shoehorned Baron van Zieks' brother into a burgeis killer. These two needed build up.

That's even a bigger cut than TGAA, and way sooner than any other AA game has gotten. Did it not perform well or something?

Is there dual audio in AA5 and 6? I still have all the games on (3)DS, even if it's only €16, it's not worth it if they're the exact same games with no benefits. I also already have the DLC cases.

From here:
Different problem but with effectively the same outcome imo. The only difference is that instead of feeling like a trilogy sanded down halfway into development, it's a game that compartmentalizes too much into the back half. The first game somehow feels both too padded and too short, whereas the second game leaves virtually no breathing room while also feeling kinda stagnant because it doesn't refresh many assets between games like the previous games would do (specifically music).

Really sucks to know Shu Takumi went through big health and stress ordeals over these games though. Hope whatever he works on in the future won't be as stressful.

That's even a bigger cut than TGAA, and way sooner than any other AA game has gotten. Did it not perform well or something?

Is there dual audio in AA5 and 6? I still have all the games on (3)DS, even if it's only €16, it's not worth it if they're the exact same games with no benefits. I also already have the DLC cases.
From the official website:
The story is available in seven languages: Japanese, English, French, German, Korean, and Traditional and Simplified Chinese.
Also included are new voice dubs in each language.
Mix and match the game text and voice languages to your liking.

Of course, it isn't just the games. There is also a museum of concept art, a music player with official names for the soundtrack, and a tool to have fun with the character animations.

As for the games themselves, everything is unlocked. No need to replay each case to play the next one. You can even start from the middle of any case.

From the official website:

Of course, it isn't just the games. There is also a museum of concept art, a music player with official names for the soundtrack, and a tool to have fun with the character animations.

As for the games themselves, everything is unlocked. No need to replay each case to play the next one. You can even start from the middle of any case.
Thank you! I might get this after all.

It would surprise me, but I do wonder if this was some kind of error, as the sale was seemingly supposed to be until May 8 (see here or here) but is now ending today, April 22 instead (see the UK official site, for instance). While The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, which went on sale at the same time, is still discounted until May 8 (see the UK official site).

The tinfoil hat reasoning? The Phoenix Wright Trilogy, which tends to get a 67% discount together with the other Ace Attorney titles, curiously didn't get one this time, which could mean they accidentally applied this same discount to the Apollo Justice Trilogy instead.

(Though a counter-argument to this being a mistake would be the fact that the sale for the Turnabout Collection, which received the same discount it's been getting for some time now, is also ending later today, and I don't know if it was initially until May 8 or not.)

EDIT: Just to briefly add to this, the Apollo Justice sale is now over in my region and lo and behold, a 67% discount for the Phoenix Wright Trilogy has just started, ending May 8, and the Turnabout Collection sale has been extended until that same date as well. So, while this is still certainly in tinfoil hat territory, I guess this lends a bit more credence to the possibility that the original sale was mistakenly applied to the wrong game?

Last edited:
Wow good call I decided to grab it yesterday instead of waiting thinking I had more time

EDIT: Just to briefly add to this, the Apollo Justice sale is now over in my region and lo and behold, a 67% discount for the Phoenix Wright Trilogy has just started, ending May 8, and the Turnabout Collection sale has been extended until that same date as well. So, while this is still certainly in tinfoil hat territory, I guess this lends a bit more credence to the possibility that the original sale was mistakenly applied to the wrong game?
Well, shit. Guess there's more waiting to be done until I can play this second trilogy.

I mean, I see this as a good thing. Makes it a bit less likely it bombed, though I don't think it lit the charts, but that's probably in their expectations.

It would surprise me, but I do wonder if this was some kind of error, as the sale was seemingly supposed to be until May 8 (see here or here) but is now ending today, April 22 instead (see the UK official site, for instance). While The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, which went on sale at the same time, is still discounted until May 8 (see the UK official site).

The tinfoil hat reasoning? The Phoenix Wright Trilogy, which tends to get a 67% discount together with the other Ace Attorney titles, curiously didn't get one this time, which could mean they accidentally applied this same discount to the Apollo Justice Trilogy instead.

(Though a counter-argument to this being a mistake would be the fact that the sale for the Turnabout Collection, which received the same discount it's been getting for some time now, is also ending later today, and I don't know if it was initially until May 8 or not.)

Yup, already finished.
I definitely think it was an error now.

Back
Top Bottom