• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Anyone else want Luigi's Mansion 4 to be set in a haunted castle/kingdom?

A haunted castle would be hella cool. I never thought about it, although it would be very coherent. If anything, I would love the game to have a more "Luigi's Mansion 1 feeling". I think LM2 and LM3 are good (especially LM3 which is a happy medium between LM1 and LM2), but I always prefered the first one for its atmosphere and its level design. But I guess the next one will be like the two last in terms of atmosphere (cartoon).

Thr next game will probably continue with the cartoon art style, but if they can give us a section where Luigi has to wander through a spooky forest styled after the Forest of Illusion from Super Mario World, I'll be totally cool with it.

Last edited:
I wish someone would create a mod to add Luigi to Bloodborne. I can't stop laughing at the idea of Luigi facing Eldritch monstrosities.

LM1 is my favorite game in the series for this reason, it almost feels like a metroidvania-lite with the way you work your way through all the different parts of the house. It was so exciting to open up a new hallway or floor and have no idea what you were gonna find. And the ghosts just oozed personality. Would love to see a return to that style.

I like the castle idea the most since you could have it be one big interconnected level again and you could explore the castle grounds around it. Maybe enter a spooky cave and get lost in the nearby woods for example.

I’d like to see the village idea too.

Also yes please on bringing Daisy in. If they are supposed to be a couple, we never see them do anything together and their clashing personalities would be fun to play off. What if Daisy loves ghosts and horror stories when Luigi doesn’t?

Castle or a full kingdom does indeed sound like the nest logical evolution from the hotel. Idm a more back to basics sequel aswell. It's all fair game to me ^^

Great thread OP. Since we are on the topic, my wife and I are replaying LM3. I must confess my love for the game. HOT TAKE INCOMING! LM3 is the most technically advanced and beautiful 1st party game ever on a Nintendo console. The lighting, character models, and animation tie together perfectly. It also has a real time damage system in play. Everything together makes it so immersive. It’s a game you have to play on the big screen. It feels like playing a live action animation. Please if you haven’t played this game pick it up. This is the perfect time and month. Also I want LM1 and LM2 redone in this engine.

I don't wanna get Luigis Mansion too big. I would rather have it being more Metroid, with locations you return after upgrading your poltergust.
Because I liked the idea in LM3 of some items/money hidden behind locks that can only opened with a new ability and returning to them and your
abilities being a natural progression of stuff you already have. It felt like proper Versatile Verbs.
Heck, do it like Metroid Dread and lure your player into the next section forward which can be areas you have visted before but were locked and
the hotel setting could have worked perfect for that. No need to use the elevator all the time, maybe climb down the side of the building or use vents etc.

And I loved the different settings for each floor. So... I'm not really a fan of making an entire kingdom, but a weird castle is fine by me.

I just wanna say I really do like the fact that we are in a timeline that let's us even wonder about where Luigi's Mansion 4 should be set. So many years wishing Nintendo would do more with it and one Next Level games later we in that dream.

LM1 is my favorite game in the series for this reason, it almost feels like a metroidvania-lite with the way you work your way through all the different parts of the house. It was so exciting to open up a new hallway or floor and have no idea what you were gonna find. And the ghosts just oozed personality. Would love to see a return to that style.
Even more than a Metroidvania feel, it has a classic Resident Evil feel, like the best possible parody of classic RE imo. I just can't play LM1 without thinking about RE (in terms of progression). Maybe that's why I love it so much (or maybe it's the reason why I love classic RE games).

Last edited:
Even more than a Metroidvania feel, it has a classic Resident Evil feel, like the best possible parody of classic RE imo. I just can't play LM1 without thinking about RE (in terms of progression). Maybe that's why I love it si much (or maybe it's the reason why I love classic RE games).
Again we need remasters of 1 and 2 in 3’s engine. I sad this may never happen but it’s easy fucking money for Nintendo.

I think they should make an entire game based around the TV studio. So many great puzzles and they could really go even crazier with that setup.

Again we need remasters of 1 and 2 in 3’s engine. I sad this may never happen but it’s easy fucking money for Nintendo.
I can't say if I want them. On the one hand, I don't need them since we already got LM1 on 3DS. On the other hand, I would love to see them updated with 3's engine. And it would be an opportunity to replay LM2, since I prefer the Switch over the 3DS.
LM2 was really cool in my memory but when I wanted to play it again I found the first hour (actually the whole tutorial) boring as hell and I was not prepared for that. Should give it another chance since the game is pretty cool as I already said ahah

I would like it to be set in a village
Something with outdoor areas too
Something similar to Fatal frame 2 / Resident evil 8

I can't say if I want them. On the one hand, I don't need them since we already got LM1 on 3DS. On the other hand, I would love to see them updated with 3's engine. And it would be an opportunity to replay LM2, since I prefer the Switch over the 3DS.
LM2 was really cool in my memory but when I wanted to play it again I found the first hour (actually the whole tutorial) boring as hell and I was not prepared for that. Should give it another chance since the game is pretty cool as I already said ahah
I need that. If they can recreate the animations and make it look like LM3. I’m all in!

Back
Top Bottom