• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Another Crab's Treasure, an underwater soulslike, coming to PC and consoles on April 25th (out now!)

Update from the devs:
  • The game seems to be reacting differently to different Switches
  • Fixing it is their "highest priority"
  • In the meantime they recommend playing docked, and saving/closing/re-opening the game every couple of hours

Ok glad closing and re starting the game wasn’t a placebo for me. The game was coming to a crawl with the first boss. I closed the game because I had a glitch where I was stuck and the performance significantly improved after.

I really like the bones of this game so I’m almost tempted to hang it up until switch patches hit.

I got to the city and the framerate definitely slows down a bit there. Though, thankfully, it isn't an action-focused area.

Plus, there are indeed some specific points (especially in the transition between subareas) when the game slows to a crawl to the point I thought it was going to freeze. But so far I've yet to have combat or platforming impacted by these issues.

Question to anyone who's gotten to Flotsam Vale.

I found a huge machine with electric current running close to it, and there's also a pipe with a baseball nearby. I flip the switch, but nothing happens there. What do I need to do here? I cleared the area, so I'm assuming it's something optional.

EDIT: Never mind. It's part of the main quest.

Last edited:
okay im officially convinced this is an all-time great now and might just end up better than multiple actual Souls games which i utterly love. like just wow.

i got to the slacktide return and what an absolute spike in quality. getting this whole new moveset opening up and that directly following this was wild

incredible dungeon. honestly just this idea of what's essentially 'platformer souls' is complete genius. the design of the castle winding back and forth with the vertical design and all of these shortcuts and hidden items everywhere as you slowly make your way up. it reminded distinctly of anor londo from dark souls 1 which is the maybe the biggest compliment i can give to any game of this ilk.

god i hope this game lasts a long while. im so so in

Last edited:
Can someone point me in the general direction of where to go after the

Duchess boss fight
?

Can someone point me in the general direction of where to go after the

Duchess boss fight
?
If you leave the throne room the way you came in, a door will open up on your right. This'll lead to behind the castle and to a big bridge.

I reached a place that feels a lot like the endgame, but given how long I've heard this one is, I'm assuming it is not, which is fine to me since I want more of this.

I think there was a pretty big patch released between yesterday and today. I downloaded it, played for an hour or so, and the game does seem more smooth and stable.

Double-posting to say that I beat it and it was quite awesome.

Playing a colorful (yet somewhat still heavy) soulslike with a plot that is easy to follow was quite an experience. It's got a hell of an ending, the bosses were awesome, level-design was surprisingly intricate, secrets were plentiful, and the difficulty was just right. If it weren't for the technical hiccups here and there, this would easily be in the running for my personal game of the year.

Get this one, people.

Last edited:
Double-posting to say that I beat it and it was quite awesome.

Playing a colorful (yet somewhat still heavy) soulslike with a plot that is easy to follow was quite an experience. It's got a hell of an ending, the bosses were awesome, level-design was surprisingly intricate, secrets were plentiful, and the difficulty was just right. If it weren't for the technical hiccups here and there, this would easily be in the running for my personal game of the year.

Get this one, people.
Yeah, I'm not done with the game (but I think I'm getting close) and I think this is in the running for my GOTY so far too. There is jank, a good bit of it, but everything else works so nicely and is so creative that I find it hard to really be all that upset over it. Even just walking around and exploring is super charming in that Pikmin sort of way where the environment is enough to leave you excited.

My current build is very much strength and hammer-focused with basically no Umami. I tried around with it at first and while I'm sure it can be super strong, focusing on parries and regular combat + staggers works extremely well for me.

Just beat it myself, have mostly positive things to say. The dialogue got a bit "tone-deaf" near the end and the lack of polish forcing me to reset the game a few times to break softlock bugs were negative parts that still did not stop me from having good fun with it.
Great sense of humor and a poignant enviromentalist message that is not naive but still optimistic! Hope for DLC if the studio feels like doing so.

everyone getting so far ahead while im out here violently knocking my head against the fork boss you're not supposed to fight💀

oh lord i actually got em ya'll. right off the entrance ignored the entire area lmfao

J1JWPgT.png

THE SEQUENCE SKIP ACKNOWLEDGEMENT NO WAY

5oupLwS.png

2NcovXZ.png

Last edited:
Beat the game! What an experience. I am almost bummed that my build made it so I could pretty easily take out the late-game bosses so they weren't a ton of a challenge but then again I also put time into optimizing my build so that's the payoff for that. I'd love a boss rush!

I went heavy on the hammer, with two of the upgraded version that increases hammer attack damage, and one Leech+ to heal. Then I also had the tentacle from the Consortium adaptation upgraded to Lv. 3, so its attacks did a lot of damage and healed me, meaning I could just keep attacking and recoup any damage a boss would deal against me. Plus, it also staggered them super easily.

I love how there were like 5 times where I was like "okay so I guess this is the climax of the game" and then the game just kept throwing content at me. Really happy just how much there was to this game at the end of the day, The way the story concludes is really interesting but I actually like that everything wasn't just solved by a McGuffin, but moreso that people are doing what they can to work towards a better world. I wonder if Chitan training under the mantis shrimp also happens if you never encountered them? Bc as I recall that boss is completely optional.

i swear i've just committed to the most unhinged build of all time. like everything 1-2 shots me it's insane 😭

3tQBeCQ.png

fucking hell the optional(?) second half of Deep Groove was gruesomely brutal

that was like raw Anor Londo. brought that fresh trauma from a decade back of dying 60 straight times in a row to those damn snipers

sniper hell(i was getting one-shotted o-o) and then those insanely long moonshell runs. the absolute nerve to not even put a moonshell before the boss area so you have to beat him before you leave. insane shit lmao

fucking hell the optional(?) second half of Deep Groove was gruesomely brutal

that was like raw Anor Londo. brought that fresh trauma from a decade back of dying 60 straight times in a row to those damn snipers

sniper hell(i was getting one-shotted o-o) and then those insanely long moonshell runs. the absolute nerve to not even put a moonshell before the boss area so you have to beat him before you leave or trudge through hell again. insane shit lmao

Just bought this on Steam and played a couple of hours. By which I mean I butted my head against that lobster knight in the starting area. Pretty sure I was supposed to tackle the craw-ny after getting the shell, but gosh darn it, I beat him with a trusty fork I plucked from somewhere and lots and lots of rolling. (And dying, but shhhh.)

Just bought this on Steam and played a couple of hours. By which I mean I butted my head against that lobster knight in the starting area. Pretty sure I was supposed to tackle the craw-ny after getting the shell, but gosh darn it, I beat him with a trusty fork I plucked from somewhere and lots and lots of rolling. (And dying, but shhhh.)

lmfaooooo my exact approach. definitely not me in Elden Ring too with the starting Tree Sentinel

you give me an overly strong enemy i can avoid, you better bet your ass imma knock my head against a wall until im winning

you get another opportunity for that later against a way stronger boss and it outright sequence breaks. it's glorious

Blasted through a decent chunk of the game if I do say so myself. The Duchess was a relatively easy fight, to my pleasant surprise. The teacups lying around helped a lot in wailing on her. Then a little wading through a lovely section that may as well have been from a 3D platformer, I got to swanky New Carcinia and everyone is hilarious. My favorite line so far: "He got here with nothing but the clothes on his back and his family's trash empire that goes back generations.

Now I need to stretch my legs and have a cup of tea, but I can't wait to get back and go to this Grove place. There's also some scary predator in The Sands Between, and you bet that taking that thing down will probably be my schedule for the rest of the afternoon.

I played through Elden Ring, Souls 1-3 and Sekiro for the first time recently and they became some of my favorite games of all time. I love a challenge. Is this game difficult relative to the genre name-sake?

I played through Elden Ring, Souls 1-3 and Sekiro for the first time recently and they became some of my favorite games of all time. I love a challenge. Is this game difficult relative to the genre name-sake?

depends on your approach imo. there's a lot of ways to make it easier similar to how ER has big shields, magic, summons and ashes among a lot of builds and other options which crack the game in half

personally i went for an all points in Atk build(no softcap like in Souls as far as ive seen), with no real use of shell spells(the magic equivalent as you'd imagine) or shelling(shielding), just because i enjoy having these be as challenging and cutthroat as i can

and it's been a really goddamn fun challenge. enemies just start hitting like trucks as the game progresses but you also get drastically stronger with so many new additions to your moveset like air dodge, shell-parrying and dodge-parrying into riposte, topple punish and it's just so so much a fantastic time.

also some of these bosses are just such an awesome time to fight, the movesets are so varied without feeling overly oppressive. once you learn parry windows on some of the big guns you feel like a god toppling them like nothing

i'd highly recommend this 'path of most resistance' for someone who craves a good Souls challenge like i do(as someone whose last Souls playthrough was a Soul Level 1 run of Dark Souls 1 lol)

Last edited:
depends on your approach imo. there's a lot of ways to make it easier similar to how ER has big shields, magic, summons and ashes among a lot of builds and other options which crack the game in half

personally i went for an all points in Atk build(no softcap like in Souls as far as ive seen), with no real use of shell spells(the magic equivalent as you'd imagine) or shelling(shielding), just because i enjoy having these be as challenging and cutthroat as i can

and it's been a really goddamn fun challenge. enemies just start hitting like trucks as the game progresses but you also get drastically stronger with so many new additions to your moveset like air dodge, shell-parrying and dodge-parrying into riposte, topple punish and it's just so so much a fantastic time.

also some of these bosses are just such an awesome time to fight, the movesets are so varied without feeling overly oppressive. once you learn parry windows on some of the big guns you feel like a god toppling them like nothing

i'd highly recommend this 'path of most resistance' for someone who craves a good souls challenge like i do(as someone whose last Souls playthrough was a Soul Level 1 run of Dark Souls 1 lol)
Sounds lovely, thanks for the advice :) I'll give it a go!

Forgot to make my update yesterday, but I spent a good couple of hours in The Sands Between (great name for the area btw), focused on taking down Pagurus the Ravenous. Fought that thing so many times I ended up memorizing its movements lol. When I finally killed it, I only had a little chunk of HP lost. Now I'll probably focus on the main quest, as it were.

Forgot to make my update yesterday, but I spent a good couple of hours in The Sands Between (great name for the area btw), focused on taking down Pagurus the Ravenous. Fought that thing so many times I ended up memorizing its movements lol. When I finally killed it, I only had a little chunk of HP lost. Now I'll probably focus on the main quest, as it were.

it's genuinely so brutal. also you can go turn in the key item for it back at the city and enjoy a hilarious sequence break acknowledgement. it is hilarious how much content there is before you're actually supposed to try fighting him.

some perspective on how brutal my personal attempt at this is is going. god i love these fights though

dfJqI4c.gif

(sorry for the poor quality, that part's on me)

only just figured out you can parry easily by just tapping the shell button! i kept trying to do it while staying shelled and trying to time it coming out at the right time, but this is much more intuitive

Last edited:
Any tips for defeating the mantis shrimp boss? Their attacks are messing me up. I can't seem to dodge away from their flurry punches, and that one move where he darts back into the growth then dashes at you wrecks my timing lol. I guess I should get more comfortable with parrying...

Any tips for defeating the mantis shrimp boss? Their attacks are messing me up. I can't seem to dodge away from their flurry punches, and that one move where he darts back into the growth then dashes at you wrecks my timing lol. I guess I should get more comfortable with parrying...
I honestly don't have any specific tips. I just got used to his moves after getting my ass handed to me many times.

You mentioned parrying, but I can say I beat him without it. I actually went the whole game without parrying. I figured that if I beat the Dark Souls trilogy only with rolling, it'd work here, and it did.

But different strokes for different folks. Maybe parrying will work for you.

i just got done beating him just now! the stuff you saw in that gif earlier was primarily my strategy

the back-dodge and following combo upgrades you get are huge for this fight. gets you safe and if you time it just right, that's big damage off the combo too. it's fairly costly though, you might need to refund some skills for it. very worth it.

something i didn't do that would be a great combo with that strategy is wearing an L sized shell with good Def, since the back-dodge is unaffected by shell weight.

tapping shell for parry with good timing also works very well if you want to go for that, though you'll want to avoid that(or do it multiple times) on the flurry rush move since the invincibility post-parry is low.

on the accessory end, i had the 3 balance damage up equipped so i was doing massive balance damage with parries+back-dodge combos. just two to three good ones can get him on his back for a big damage chunk with Royal Wave adaptation(and Dispatch upgrade if available).

Last edited:
the back-dodge and following combo upgrades you get are huge for this fight
Ah I don't have the back-dodge yet, I'll try getting that and see how I fare. Boosting the balance breaking seems like a sound strategy too. Anything to stop these shrimp from going kung fu on me.

nice! let us know how it rolls out. it's such a crazy fight
The back dodge worked wonders! The flurry was the main thing knocking out chunks of my HP. Plus I might have done some microplastics farming to level up some stats. I also rechecked my inventory and realized I had enough keys to upgrade my fork again. Basically, let's assume every little bit helped lol. Now, off to Flotsam Vale!

I picked up the game and maybe an hour in at this point. Gotta say the performance on switch isn't great. I was hoping post patch it would be decent, but lots of slow downs especially when going to a new area. Also maybe input lag in fights? Otherwise enchanting enough I'll be playing quite a bit more

The game is finished. Started out not liking it at all, got a decent bit softer on it, and by the end I was pretty unhappy with it. The game is pretty indecisive on what it wants to be and say I find, and that ended up making the whole thing kind of miserable by the end. Also the game is a little Reddit Bacon with it at times and doesn't know when to stop.

The game is finished. Started out not liking it at all, got a decent bit softer on it, and by the end I was pretty unhappy with it. The game is pretty indecisive on what it wants to be and say I find, and that ended up making the whole thing kind of miserable by the end. Also the game is a little Reddit Bacon with it at times and doesn't know when to stop.
What’s Reddit Bacon, dare I ask? :)

some perspective on how brutal my personal attempt at this is is going. god i love these fights though

dfJqI4c.gif

(sorry for the poor quality, that part's on me)

only just figured out you can parry easily by just tapping the shell button! i kept trying to do it while staying shelled and trying to time it coming out at the right time, but this is much more intuitive
What.....I just rolled credits last night and I struggled with the parry the entire time. I also never discovered that boss.

What.....I just rolled credits last night and I struggled with the parry the entire time. I also never discovered that boss.
When I was close to the end, I randomly found a list of all the game's bosses online and I discovered I had missed three of them, including that guy.

This game has some pretty neat stuff lying in totally optional locations, which is quite awesome.

When I was close to the end, I randomly found a list of all the game's bosses online and I discovered I had missed three of them, including that guy.

This game has some pretty neat stuff lying in totally optional locations, which is quite awesome.

that's actually wild ya'll, cause he's the boss that unlocks the purple cubes throughout the entire map and also the upgrade functionality for adaptations. that's like a major amount of optional content

It's like reddit style jokes humor and just bein kinda cringe where mundane references are jokes. It also just refuses to take itself seriously enough and is tongue in cheek in between what could be genuinely moving moments.
I kinda agree with this even though I like the writing so far. Maybe it's because it's attempting some drama now, where I'm at and uhh it kinda does not work lol

Still having a blast exploring the world though. Flotsam Vale is the most 3D platformer area so far.

that's actually wild ya'll, cause he's the boss that unlocks the purple cubes throughout the entire map and also the upgrade functionality for adaptations. that's like a major amount of optional content
Plus, his special move is pretty useful against some late-game bosses, at least that was my experience.

Lol I spent the whole game thinking "what the heck are those things....." I finished with the entire skill tree unlocked and I think I was level 57 so I guess it didn't matter?

Back
Top Bottom