• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Another Crab's Treasure, an underwater soulslike, coming to PC and consoles on April 25th (out now!)

Update from the devs:
  • The game seems to be reacting differently to different Switches
  • Fixing it is their "highest priority"
  • In the meantime they recommend playing docked, and saving/closing/re-opening the game every couple of hours

Ok glad closing and re starting the game wasn’t a placebo for me. The game was coming to a crawl with the first boss. I closed the game because I had a glitch where I was stuck and the performance significantly improved after.

I really like the bones of this game so I’m almost tempted to hang it up until switch patches hit.

I got to the city and the framerate definitely slows down a bit there. Though, thankfully, it isn't an action-focused area.

Plus, there are indeed some specific points (especially in the transition between subareas) when the game slows to a crawl to the point I thought it was going to freeze. But so far I've yet to have combat or platforming impacted by these issues.

Question to anyone who's gotten to Flotsam Vale.

I found a huge machine with electric current running close to it, and there's also a pipe with a baseball nearby. I flip the switch, but nothing happens there. What do I need to do here? I cleared the area, so I'm assuming it's something optional.

EDIT: Never mind. It's part of the main quest.

Last edited:
okay im officially convinced this is an all-time great now and might just end up better than multiple actual Souls games which i utterly love. like just wow.

i got to the slacktide return and what an absolute spike in quality. getting this whole new moveset opening up and that directly following this was wild

incredible dungeon. honestly just this idea of what's essentially 'platformer souls' is complete genius. the design of the castle winding back and forth with the vertical design and all of these shortcuts and hidden items everywhere as you slowly make your way up. it reminded distinctly of anor londo from dark souls 1 which is the maybe the biggest compliment i can give to any game of this ilk.

god i hope this game lasts a long while. im so so in

Last edited:
Can someone point me in the general direction of where to go after the

Duchess boss fight
?
If you leave the throne room the way you came in, a door will open up on your right. This'll lead to behind the castle and to a big bridge.

I reached a place that feels a lot like the endgame, but given how long I've heard this one is, I'm assuming it is not, which is fine to me since I want more of this.

I think there was a pretty big patch released between yesterday and today. I downloaded it, played for an hour or so, and the game does seem more smooth and stable.

Double-posting to say that I beat it and it was quite awesome.

Playing a colorful (yet somewhat still heavy) soulslike with a plot that is easy to follow was quite an experience. It's got a hell of an ending, the bosses were awesome, level-design was surprisingly intricate, secrets were plentiful, and the difficulty was just right. If it weren't for the technical hiccups here and there, this would easily be in the running for my personal game of the year.

Get this one, people.

Last edited:
Double-posting to say that I beat it and it was quite awesome.

Playing a colorful (yet somewhat still heavy) soulslike with a plot that is easy to follow was quite an experience. It's got a hell of an ending, the bosses were awesome, level-design was surprisingly intricate, secrets were plentiful, and the difficulty was just right. If it weren't for the technical hiccups here and there, this would easily be in the running for my personal game of the year.

Get this one, people.
Yeah, I'm not done with the game (but I think I'm getting close) and I think this is in the running for my GOTY so far too. There is jank, a good bit of it, but everything else works so nicely and is so creative that I find it hard to really be all that upset over it. Even just walking around and exploring is super charming in that Pikmin sort of way where the environment is enough to leave you excited.

My current build is very much strength and hammer-focused with basically no Umami. I tried around with it at first and while I'm sure it can be super strong, focusing on parries and regular combat + staggers works extremely well for me.

Just beat it myself, have mostly positive things to say. The dialogue got a bit "tone-deaf" near the end and the lack of polish forcing me to reset the game a few times to break softlock bugs were negative parts that still did not stop me from having good fun with it.
Great sense of humor and a poignant enviromentalist message that is not naive but still optimistic! Hope for DLC if the studio feels like doing so.

oh lord i actually got em ya'll. right off the entrance ignored the entire area lmfao

J1JWPgT.png

THE SEQUENCE SKIP ACKNOWLEDGEMENT NO WAY

5oupLwS.png

2NcovXZ.png

Last edited:
Beat the game! What an experience. I am almost bummed that my build made it so I could pretty easily take out the late-game bosses so they weren't a ton of a challenge but then again I also put time into optimizing my build so that's the payoff for that. I'd love a boss rush!

I went heavy on the hammer, with two of the upgraded version that increases hammer attack damage, and one Leech+ to heal. Then I also had the tentacle from the Consortium adaptation upgraded to Lv. 3, so its attacks did a lot of damage and healed me, meaning I could just keep attacking and recoup any damage a boss would deal against me. Plus, it also staggered them super easily.

I love how there were like 5 times where I was like "okay so I guess this is the climax of the game" and then the game just kept throwing content at me. Really happy just how much there was to this game at the end of the day, The way the story concludes is really interesting but I actually like that everything wasn't just solved by a McGuffin, but moreso that people are doing what they can to work towards a better world. I wonder if Chitan training under the mantis shrimp also happens if you never encountered them? Bc as I recall that boss is completely optional.

Back
Top Bottom