• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Another Code: Recollection Overview Trailer + Demo is available now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for coming across strongly, I’m grumpy today plus I’ve just seen so many people assuming the YouTube thing with Pyoro and I don’t understand why it keeps happening, so it just bothers me I guess, lol.

Anyway, if it was something as straightforward as having access to Nintendo’s YouTube videos before they go live, I’m sure Pyoro would have been caught by now. I think there’s gotta be more layers to it than that.
I believe it's because there's a frequently shared Pyoro tweet is often used to suggest that Pyoro has admitted it's due to YouTube. I don't have the tweet handy, though, and I don't follow Pyoro closely. I've just seen the post shared a number of times.

Quoted by: Tye
I believe it's because there's a frequently shared Pyoro tweet is often used to suggest that Pyoro has admitted it's due to YouTube. I don't have the tweet handy, though, and I don't follow Pyoro closely. I've just seen the post shared a number of times.
I believe that’s the same tweet I was referencing in which Pyoro is making fun of people who think they get their info from YouTube. Pyoro “admits” to it but it’s clearly a joke in response to the fact that so many people have been assuming they get their info from YouTube. I’m sure Pyoro gets a kick out of it plus people believing a false source for their info only helps obscure their true source more. But if it was really true Pyoro wouldn’t publicly admit to it on Twitter like that, lol.

Happy for fans of Another Code. Now I just want Hotel Dusk.
The way the converations are framed in this Another Code Remake reminds so much of hotel dusk with the sideways DS, so they could probably just reuse that framework.

The original Another Code wasn't like Hotel Dusk, right?
It was a normal DS game where you hold the console upright?

Last edited:
The way the converations are framed in this Another Code Remake reminds so much of hotel dusk with the sideways DS, so they could probably just reuse that framework.

The original Another Code wasn't like Hotel Dusk, right?
It was a normal DS game where ypu hold console upright?
Correct, though Another Code R on Wii already did the split frame thing that Hyde's games did. It makes sense the remake of AC/TM would adopt that style too.

Finished the demo and I wish it was a little longer but I guess that will tempt people to actually buy this. Voice acting is pretty great and the artstyle is charming, they put actual effort in this.

Will probably use the voucher I have for this aside from buying it digitally. I want to support this so I can have a remake of Hotel Dusk/The Last Window (which are my favorite CiNG games).

Btw what is up with audio mixing in this game?
Voices afe way louder than an background noise and the character do anime sighs at what seems like an asmr mic a lot.

I played the english dub btw.
Switched to japanese for a while to see if it made a difference, but couldn't really tell.
Voice acting was good either way.

Ill posted here since its the most recent thread. Japan is getting the in game letter and it looks really nice.

Ordered the game a few days ago and now it's the waiting game, really looking forward to it,

Just played the demo, knowing very little about the game.

Thought it seemed very stop start and I wasn't really that wrapped up in the initial mystery it brought up. I would have liked a bit more time being able to actually play the game and solve some puzzles but that seemed to get better the more I played. I like the music and visuals though, it reminds me of the sort of game you'd see on the Wii, in a good way. Not sure how sold I am on the characters, main character seems fine but not sure about ghost boy. Feeling a bit 50/50 on the game in general, based on the demo it seems like it has potential to be fun and interesting going forward, but also based on what was actually in the demo I thought it was a bit dull.

I'll probably pick it up at some point on sale but it could end up being a quick drop for me depending on how it progresses. I want more puzzles, more time to explore, and for the mystery to pick up and become more interesting. And hopefully for ghost boy to become more interesting as well.

If everyone spots trailers or commercials from other Nintendo accounts post them here. Ill probably use them for the ST

Roughly how long will this game be, anyway?

I'm definitely curious, just wondering if it's fairly short or something
your mileage will vary, but HowLongToBeat has the first game at between 5 and 6.5 hours, and the second game between 17.5 and 19 hours

So assuming the remake doesn't do something to drastically alter the lengths of the games, you're probably looking at about 20 to 25-ish hours for a playthrough of both depending on how much of a completionist you are

I noticed that trailer is titled "Traces of Memories Past". I see what they did there! ;)

Finally getting around to the demo. It’s reeeeal janky, especially the running animation. And the English voice acting is really inconsistent. I remember Trace Memory being great so I’ll stick with it but idk. Weird start so far.

Already pre-ordered Playing through the demo right now.

A bit disappointing to see very aliased/burry textures, particularly the leaves on the ground. It does feel a bit low budget, which is to be expected, but the game could use a bit more polish at parts, like the lip syncing and camera work on the cinematics. Haven't entered the mansion yet as i kept getting distracted, but a reminder Switch have this game, with no apparent loading! I had hoped the whole game would load seamlessly but they went for loading chunks of the game in.

Edit: i don't want to come off as too negative, the atmosphere seems to be in tact and voice acting is generally o n point

Famitsu reviews haven't been relevant in a LONG time.

It's actually hilarious to see them pop up randomly.
gematsu (and nintendoeverything) have been posting the reviews weekly for years. it's not really that relevant but it's still nice to see the game being well received.

Excited to pick this up, the originals slipped under my radar at the time and I have been interested in checking them and Hotel Dusk out for a while now! (Hopefully Hotel Dusk gets a similar treatment if this sells decently…)

I know demo progress carries over, trying to decide if I download the demo tomorrow night to get an early start or just wait till I have the game Friday.

I want to support this release cause these games seem cool, but I am once again in the place where I think the remakes look worse than the originals

just aesthetically, I prefer the art styles of the ds and wii releases. a lot of the weird tech demo-y stuff is definitely gone too, just because of the platform differences, but I care less about that. interested to hear about what fans of the originals think about this release

I don't care about reviews. Originals didn't get great scores and still were good games. With these kind of games I don't really trust reviews.

Edit: Well for point and click style adventure games I usually check Adventure Gamers.

I wonder if we'll get any NSO icons for this game? So far there is only Pokémon and Animal Crossing available.

I wonder if we'll get any NSO icons for this game? So far there is only Pokémon and Animal Crossing available.
Nintendo's been pretty consistent on most of their new releases getting icon sets so hopefully.

If we do get some I think they'll go up tomorrow when the current Pokémon set gets cycled out.

Super looking forward to this. Unfortunately won’t play this at launch but did pre-order a physical. Have to wait til Summer when I visit my sister so we can play together. This was one of the first DS games we owned and played through.

I was surprised reviews didn't release today, so I guess they're coming tomorrow. I don't know that they'll tell us anything new, though, given these games have been around for a while (and this isn't FFVII Remake levels of change) and the demo gives a sense of how the game is in terms of tech and performance. At least, that's assuming there aren't any major surprises in terms of content or tech performance, and I doubt there are.

Anyone else play the demo when it released and regret it? I think I may replay the first chapter again because I want the story to be fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom