• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Another Code: Recollection announced for Nintendo Switch, launches January 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you everyone for your warm messages along with the announcement.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you. Please wait until after the release for details.

It's insane we live in a time where Another Code of all games gets a remake, let alone both of them at once. I truly hope this might lead into a new title or more CiNG work being reworked, because lord those games deserve it.

We truly live in a golden age of remasters. I'm so happy to see a release like this come to fruition!

image.png

lcKya01.png

We should do a mashup with that Batman Arkham cover where they slapped all the ‘5 out of 5’s all over it

Someone should photo shop the "mystery novel" sticker inbetween her cheek and the tear. That would be be the perfect shitpost art.
Yeah, it would be funny is someone were to place that sticker on the Switch boxart.

I need that amazon preorder. Cause for some reason BestBuy does not shipped to me lol.

Some highlights from the preorder section:
  • Sleuth your way to the truth in two fully enhanced mystery adventures with Another Code™: Recollection
  • This collection includes fully enhanced versions of both original games, featuring overhauled visuals, fully explorable environments, new voice acting, puzzles, music, and more.
  • Optional hint and navigation systems have been added to help players new to adventure games.

In my Charlie Kelly findings, both og composers (and sound company) are still active as recently as Bayo Origins, Horace game and FE Engage. So as someone who enjoyed the music/vibe of Hotel Dusk and hear snippets of AC, I cant wait to hear the new arrangements.

I need that amazon preorder. Cause for some reason BestBuy does not shipped to me lol.

Some highlights from the preorder section:
  • Sleuth your way to the truth in two fully enhanced mystery adventures with Another Code™: Recollection
  • This collection includes fully enhanced versions of both original games, featuring overhauled visuals, fully explorable environments, new voice acting, puzzles, music, and more.
  • Optional hint and navigation systems have been added to help players new to adventure games.

In my Charlie Kelly findings, both og composers (and sound company) are still active as recently as Bayo Origins, Horace game and FE Engage. So as someone who enjoyed the music/vibe of Hotel Dusk and hear snippets of AC, I cant wait to hear the new arrangements.
to added more.
In Japanese blog post they also say this will also added an additional story they cannot include in original released.

I would expect a new story would probably serve to segue between the first and second game.

Without spoiling, did the second game have a clean ending, or was there a plot thread left dangling that could be quickly wrapped up in a hour or two of new story content?

Wonder who's the dev for the remakes?
Perhaps Arc System Works, since Taisuke Kanasaki seems to be employed there?

I haven't played this license, having more or less ignored the Nintendo DS, but it's exactly the kind of game I like, and the remaster looks beautiful, so I'm really looking forward to discovering it. Without knowing the games, I thought it was a great announcement, so I can't even imagine the joy of the fans.

to added more.
In Japanese blog post they also say this will also added an additional story they cannot include in original released.

Really? Well, this is slowly becoming one hell of a remaster: graphical complete overhaul, 2 full games and new contents

Tell me about it, I'd have gotten FDC a long time ago if it were physical, the downloads never go on sale!
Sadly they’re linked by Bayonetta 1/2 so it can’t be discounted without relisting. I want them at some point too

Perhaps Arc System Works, since Taisuke Kanasaki seems to be employed there?
ASW did a couple of adventure/Vn type games in the 3ds era: Chase: Cold Case Investigations (with Kanasaki) and the Jake Hunter games. So its possible there is a team there. But having a full on 3d game is what is not clicking for me.

ASW did a couple of adventure/Vn type games in the 3ds era: Chase: Cold Case Investigations (with Kanasaki) and the Jake Hunter games. So its possible there is a team there. But having a full on 3d game is what is not clicking for me.
This is Tokyo EPD's new game, they canceled 3D Donkey Kong to work on this

🗿

Kyle Hyde crossover is finally happening.

How hype would it be if there is an epilogue of sorts for beating both games and there's a silhouette in the background and the figure lit in darkness is walking down an alleyway asks the player directly "excuse me, I'm looking for a Hotel, a Hotel I was at many years ago, please can you tell me where it is?" And you as the player click on "which Hotel?" "...it was called...Hotel Dusk" and then silence - then in big letters this pops up:

"KYLE RETURNS IN 2024."

Small bump for the thread, some pre order bonus might start appearing soon. First one comes from GAME in Spain, its a bookmark.

So, Nintendo will be at Game Awards with Metroi.... Anothe Code :LOL:

I'd like to warn you that Another Code R (Wii) is (very) average..... I hope Nintendo took the opportunity to improve the quality....

So, Nintendo will be at Game Awards with Metroi.... Anothe Code :LOL:

I'd like to warn you that Another Code R (Wii) is (very) average..... I hope Nintendo took the opportunity to improve the quality....

I agree, the Wii oe was more a walking simulator than a puzzle game
the DS one, on the other hand, to me was great and its complete rehaul of assets/graphics/camera is worth the collection imho

Btw,, we've found the name of the next non-Prime Metroid game

Metorid: (An)Other C(code)

Not at all the kind of game I’d expect Nintendo to highlight at TGA’s, but it sure as hell would be hype for me.

I can't wait for the release of this game, come on Nintendo, push the date forward like you did with Xenoblade 3!

Wait
TGA is tomorrow?
On my birthday??
Been passively wondering what day it was on since all the chatter on forums lately.
Anyway might actually give this game a go on switch seeing how everyone is loving the series so much.

I have a question about the game. In the Nintendo Direct they said that with the two games we would have access to the full story, but I remember from people who played the Wii game that it seemed the story was incomplete. It was clear that the Another Code franchise was originally planned as a trilogy.

Is this remake going to do something about the story and make sure all the loose ends are wrapped up? I'm not exactly certain there will ever be a third installment of Another Code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom