• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Another Code: Recollection announced for Nintendo Switch, launches January 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is definitely one of my highlights. I didn't expect a remake of the DS game! Also glad both games are included.

Looks glorious. I'm very hype, I have a lot of nostalgia for the DS one, reminds me of that Summer 2005 of when it released, I bought it and played it at the sea when we were in vacation with my parents.

Never played the sequel on Wii !

Best announcement of the Direct. I'm literally so excited about this!

One of my favorite DS.games next to Hotel Dusk series. I hope we get Hotel Dusk & the Last Window next

Never thought I would see this again but I'm all for Nintendo remaking Cing games (and hopefully hiring some of its staff). Need Hotel Dusk and Last Window next.

Seriously though, Nintendo is remaking Advance Wars and Another Code, they have no frikking excuse to avoid Golden Sun now.

This looked fantastic! I've never played these games before but I will definitely be picking this up

Never played these but I loved Hotel Dusk/Last Window. Always down for some gentle adventure game vibes

It looks so damn good, omg. Totally grabbing this day one (and hoping it also leads to Hotel Dusk/Last Window remakes.)

BEAUTIFUL

Holy shit a physical release for NA is great! I thought for sure they were going to pull an FDC.

It loooks absolutely sublime. I got emotional. A true instance of dreams becoming reality.

Best thing in the Direct, for me personally. I'll probably end up picking this up.

This is great news, really looking forward to the collection - been interested in the series but never got round to it in the DS/Wii era

Holy shit, that box art is beautiful. Still going to get it digital, but if I end up loving these games, I might double-dip just to have a copy on my shelf.

Only quibble is some of the texture work could be better

The texture on the picture frame Ashley lifts up is a bit blurry. No reason for that on Switch...hope they clean that up over the next few months

My personal highlight of the direct. I hope this is as special as the Famicom Detective Club games felt like when I played them for the first time. These games also look beautiful in HD.

This collection includes fully enhanced versions of the Another Code games originally released on Nintendo DS and Wii, featuring overhauled visuals, 3D environments to explore, voice acting, new puzzles, cutscenes, music, and more! Both games also include optional hints and navigation systems to help players who are new to adventure games.
From the eshop. They put a lot of work into these games

Wish it came out in December, would have loved to play it with my sister like we did with the DS game in our childhood. Day 1 for me and I’ll probably buy her a copy too.

Interested in the reception of those now.
Back then they were charming at times but also a bit shallow, the Wii game even more so.
I liked the Hotel Dusk games much more.

But they did a good job on the graphics.

I always loved the name Blood Edward Island. "And uhh, yeah, the next game can take place in... Blood Scotia."

Fantastic, loved the original.

The sequel was awkward to play on Wii, it really suited the DS better, but this looks well redesigned.

Super excited. It was recently that I played Hotel Dusk and wanted to go through all of Cing games and now I can lol.

Also:

DeepL
Another Code: Recollection: Two Memories/The Door of Memory was announced at Nintendo Direct! I was involved in this project mainly as an art director. Ashley, newly drawn by me, appears on the package of the game.
Taisuke Kanasaki: Character Designer and director of the Trace Memory

Probably my favorite new announcement of the direct. The Peach game was the highlight for me besides the fact we're getting Daisy circuit and Diddy and Pauline in MK8 but I want to revisit the first game and play the second game.

Completed the DS one, but never finished the Wii one for some reason. Eager to play this collection and finish thing properly !

Am glad to see that Nintendo is apparently still interested in giving older and and lesser known IPs renewed attention.

Before Pyoro's leak, I never expected Another Code to get a new release (now that Cing no longer exists). The original games didn't sell particularly well.

A good thing! I think Nintendo plans to revive more of their old IPs in the future.

Two very ambitious remakes in one, for an IP that doesn't really have a big following.
I really, really, really, really, really hope it sells well enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom