• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Anonymous;Code |ST| Sole Hackers

Sumio Mondo

Lynchian
Pronouns
He/Him

Anonymous-code-ST.png

A Visual Novel first announced 8 years ago finally releases...

Story​

The highly-anticipated next installment of the Science Adventure Series, ANONYMOUS;CODE is coming to the West on September 8th, 2023. This is the latest work by STEINS;GATE creator Chiyomaru Shikura, in collaboration with returning staff from the Science Adventure Series. Experience the story of the hackers who will rewrite the future.

2037. Nakano, Tokyo.
Pollon Takaoka is caught up in a tangle of plots as a result of his encounter with the mysterious girl Momo and faces major events that shake the world. Live the experience with Pollon, help him hack the myriad branches of reality and “load” the ending that saves the world!

Release Date
9/8/2023
Platforms
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 4
Steam
Player(s)
Genre
Visual Novel
Adventure
Language
Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4
Voice: English, Japanese
Text: English

Steam
Voice: English, Japanese
Text: English, Japanese,
Traditional Chinese,
Simplified Chinese
Publisher/Developer:
Spike Chunsoft/MAGES.

intro_staff.png

System:​

Hacking%20Trigger_1.jpg

Saving%20and%20Loading.jpg

Advise Pollon on when to Save and Load. Your choices and Pollon's actions determine the outcome of the story.

Hacking%20Trigger_2.jpg

An interactive, branching scenario system
Instead of a conventional story system, the Player uses their own judgment and the Hacking Trigger to guide Pollon's action, helping him through branching story routes.

Manga%20Trigger_1.jpg

Manga%20Trigger_2.jpg

Manga-style visuals
Key moments in the story, often resulting from your Hacking Trigger, are portrayed as unique, manga-style motion comics.

Screens:​

anonymous-code-map.jpg

NSwitch_AnonymousCode_03.jpg

ENG-4-scaled.jpg

Anonymous%20Code.jpg

anon2.jpg.webp

Characters:​

character_name00-us.png

character_icon0.png

The main character of the game. Pollon helped form a two-man team named "Nakano Symphonies" that helps people in need in Nakano, Tokyo. His dream is to be a cool hero that everyone longs for. He works as a hacker just to earn a living. His hacking ability is not really the greatest, however, he is a fearless white hat hacker who sneaks into various places and gets information by playing mind games. He is 16.

character_name01-us.png

character_icon1.png

The heroine of the game. Momo met Pollon by accident, as "a girl he eloped with but was not supposed to." Someone is chasing her, and Pollon is helping her evade them. She is a mysterious girl with an unknown identity and age. She had no digital gadgets when she first met Pollon, as she isn't very familiar with them.

character_name02-us.png

character_icon2.png

Pollon's best friend and the other member of Nakano Symphonies. He is talented at gathering and analyzing information. He uses this skill to aid Pollon on jobs. He is also a skilled hacker. He is sort of like an older brother to Pollon. He is 17.

Wind Maki

character_icon3.png

A 16-year-old high school student. As much as he likes Pollon and Cross, he hasn't joined their team because he wants to become Nakano's one and only info broker. Though overly friendly, he has a cheerful and pleasant personality, and always manages to see the best in people. He is madly in love with his AI character on an app.

Tengen Ozutani
character_icon4.png

A self-proclaimed jack of all trades who started a detective agency in Nakano several years ago. Though he looks like a tired old man, he possesses excellent research and negotiation skills. He is aware that he is old fashioned, and he doesn't want to wear a BMI. He is well versed in occultism, urban legends, and conspiracy theories. He is 37

Nonoka Hosho
character_icon5.png

Tengen Ozutani Detective Agency's genius hacker-slash-gadgeteer who is ten years old. Despite her looks, she is a cheeky girl who isn't scared of adults. She has utter confidence in her abilities. Because of her cheerful personality, she has many friends at school.

Liddie Kumar
character_icon10.png

A 28-year-old associate of Viktor Chondria University Mathematics Institute. A self-proclaimed math evangelist, she loves analyzing phenomena mathematically. She is a media darling, not only as a mathematician but as a model and a singer as well.

Bambi Kurashina
character_icon6.png

A member of the Cyber Force Dolls, an idol group promoting the TMPD Cyber Security Division's Cyber Countermeasures Office. She became a police officer in April and has only been out in the field for a few months. An energetic 19-year-old who always gives it her all, but is a bit careless. On top of the daily police training, she practices being an idol.

Riko Sawai
character_icon7.png

A 19-year-old police officer assigned to the Cyber Security Division, and is one year senior to Bambi. She was forced to enter the audition for the Cyber Force Dolls and ended up becoming a member. However, it is part of her job, so she is putting her best effort into it.

Iroha Kyogoku
character_icon8.png

The oldest member of the Cyber Force Dolls and the most senior police officer. She is a friendly person and has a managerial role. Even though she is calm and has a gentle demeanor, she has solid self-confidence and is not distracted by other people's opinions. She is 21.

Kaoru Samezu
character_icon9.png

Chief of the TMPD Cyber Security Division's Cyber Countermeasures Office who performs idol producer duties at the behest of the upper echelons of the TMPD. He handles any situation flexibly, despite his serious looks and mannerism. A brilliant hacker back when he was a student, he joined the Cyber Security Division and was immediately recognized for his ability and was promoted to chief. He is 27.

Asuma Soga

character_icon20.png

Gai Institution's head researcher of the Earth simulator GAIA who is only 14. He is not a public figure and his existence is kept hidden. Quirky and arrogant, he thinks highly of himself and cares not for incompetent individuals, whether they are enemies or allies.

Ewan Okuda

character_icon21.png

Gai Institution's engineer and Asuma's assistant. He acknowledges Asuma's talent and diligently follows his orders, despite his sarcasms and ridicules. He is 32 years old.

Graham Kingly
character_icon22.png

A 42-year-old military officer assigned to the Special Forces Group of the JUSDF (in 2031, the US Army and the Japan Self-Defense Forces joined together in an effort to strengthen the alliance between two nations). He receives top-secret orders from Ministry of Defense officials, and commands the unit that protects the Gai Institution and Asuma.

Localization Interview:

Reviews:

MC (88)
OC (84)

Digital store:

Nintendo eShop

Steam

PlayStation Store (NA)

Game-Page-Featured_Anonymous-Code-Inits.jpg

I remember scouring the internet for scraps of information on this game years ago, I can't believe it's finally here!
I heard a lot of effort was put into the localization and dubbing this time so that's neat to hear too!

Alas in the years it took for the game to come out, I myself, kinda fell off the SciAdv franchise LMAO
But I'm still planning on getting this some day after I do a reread of S;G with Elite and then Robotics;Notes since I've only seen the anime of the latter!

But I hope people enjoy this game, I've heard it was pretty well received in general!

I know basically nothing about this game, but the art is very nice looking. And hacking points/branching story sections are a plus for me. Might have to check it out at some point!

Love the visuals in this one.

Really enjoyed Steins;Gate, liked bits and parts of Robotics;Notes but honestly often found it a slug to read through, despite some nice characterization. I wonder how this one will turn out to be. Never read the Chaos subseries so I can't compare.

I know basically nothing about this game, but the art is very nice looking. And hacking points/branching story sections are a plus for me. Might have to check it out at some point!
Its part of the science adventure series and the latest one in terms of timeline given how its set in the far off future.

I'm in chapter 6 and enjoying this a lot! Visually, it might be my favorite science-adventure game. It mostly focuses on the main story, and I appreciate that because that's the game's biggest strength.

It also seems like it might be a bit short by VN standards? I checked How Long to Beat, and it has A;C listed at ~15-20 hours, although some may take longer with it. I actually don't mind that, though, because I have plenty of other things to play before everything else comes out this fall.

Back
Top Bottom