• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Announced at EVO - A new Fatal Fury is in development.

I'll admit it.

Shingo being DLC already had me going.

But this? This made me SCREAM.

No platforms announced yet, correct? I hope it’s on everything.
If it has just been green-lit, I suppose it might be ready just in time to hit the PS5/6, Series S|X/whatever cross-gen period.

I had fun with Garou, looking forward to see how this game turns out.

And we're here still waiting for KoF15 to hit Switch. And we deserve that port, bought enough Terry Smash DLCs to do that.

ok but how will it look? SNK ain't the best when it comes to 3D aesthetic. and living up to the art of the 2D games is difficult
SamSho was already a nice sign to show that they're learning, and 15 is a nice showcase for how far they've come for a game that's still expected to ship with close to 40 characters to start.

Comparably, a Fatal Fury game continuing after MOTW should have a MUCH smaller roster. Hopefully, that means they can aim for a look that's much better than 15's with characters that animate even better, to match.

I saw the thread title last night and thought that it's a weird venue for the announcement.

This morning I realized it was Fury and not Frame and it made a little more sense.

Wait, there is a story here I'm probably not aware of...?
The crown prince of Saudi Arabia owns 90-something percent of SNK. A few years ago a journalist who was a critic of him was kidnapped, tortured and murdered. And yeah, a bone saw was apparently involved.

Wait, there is a story here I'm probably not aware of...?
96% of SNK is owned by the MiSK foundation, which is controlled by Mohammed bin Salman, the crown prince of Saudi Arabia. A few years ago, he had journalist Jamal Khashoggi murdered at the Saudi embassy in Istanbul, and his body was reportedly dismembered with a bone saw.

When you're being financed by a guy who kills his enemies with a bone saw, anything is possible.

Yeah,

I've heard stories about it, and this tought on the back of your mind is like "should I support this or not" and then you move into the next thing and it seems that all the videogame companies are in some sort or shape involved in shady business practices.

Like in all honestly is difficult to invest in a company via assets or in its products, and know their dark side or agenda.

I guess you could say that "SNK sold their soul to the devil" cause I dont really know how the guy acquired the shares, but sometimes there is nothing you can do.

Not defending SNK or anything, but was there a way for them to say "no"? I think they were on financial trouble so buying them back was not an option.

Yeah,

I've heard stories about it, and this tought on the back of your mind is like "should I support this or not" and then you move into the next thing and it seems that all the videogame companies are in some sort or shape involved in shady business practices.

Like in all honestly is difficult to invest in a company via assets or in its products, and know their dark side or agenda.

I guess you could say that "SNK sold their soul to the devil" cause I dont really know how the guy acquired the shares, but sometimes there is nothing you can do.

Not defending SNK or anything, but was there a way for them to say "no"? I think they were on financial trouble so buying them back was not an option.
As an individual, you have the right to decide what you do with your time and money. But it's important to remember that every time you support SNK, you help launder the reputation of a man who believes it's acceptable to murder his political enemies.

As an individual, you have the right to decide what you do with your time and money. But it's important to remember that every time you support SNK, you help launder the reputation of a man who believes it's acceptable to murder his political enemies.
Yes you are right, but you are on Famiboards right? So you like Nintendo, and there have been rumblings about Nintendo sourcing its materials from shady places were slavery and other atrocities are involved, do you support them? 🤔

Not judging or anything like that, all I'm saying in today's environment there not a single corporate business that is not involved in shady practices, wethere is willingly or not.

I want to stop here because I don't want to derail the thread, but if someone is willing to make a new thread to continue this discussion it will be great to see everyones input.

Short answer is "no". When you're a publicly-traded company, you don't have much say in who decides to invest in you. It just continues the sad trend of SNK ended up in the hands of a "bad parent", going all the way back to their original incarnation being owned by shady pachinko company, Aruze.

Like I and others have said before, it's entirely up to you how you choose to proceed when it comes to this knowledge. But personally? More than a boycott, I think it's more useful to to match whatever purchase you make to a worthy cause that is either working against MBS or otherwise is benefitting humanity in some way.

That's me, though.

This is exciting! I've only got into the FF series with Garou in early 2018 on the Switch and I really like that.

I think the one thing we all need to come to terms to first is that this will not be a 2D pixel art fighting game.

The crown prince of Saudi Arabia owns 90-something percent of SNK. A few years ago a journalist who was a critic of him was kidnapped, tortured and murdered. And yeah, a bone saw was apparently involved.

96% of SNK is owned by the MiSK foundation, which is controlled by Mohammed bin Salman, the crown prince of Saudi Arabia. A few years ago, he had journalist Jamal Khashoggi murdered at the Saudi embassy in Istanbul, and his body was reportedly dismembered with a bone saw.
Ok, I'm literally WTF????-ing here. Like seriously... Damn, this really puts a damper on the FF announcement....

It's really unfortunate the whole situation with the Saudi prince, because in other circumstances I'd be really excited about this... since Fatal Fury/Garou is the only SNK fighting franchise that I really care about..

Though, seeing how they abandoned SNK Heroines, and now Samurai Shodown on Switch (everyone gets rollback but Switch).. without even a hint that KOFXV will be ported later, I guess there's not much to lament here.. they ignore us, I'll ignore them.

Back
Top Bottom