• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Official Tweet Ai 3 Potentially Being Teased By Kotaro Uchikoshi

xghost777

Magical Girls <3 #TeamJRPG #TrustTheProcess
Kotaro Uchikoshi put out a cryptic tweet last month and as of a few hours ago he’s back with a new one. From the message here that should be familiar to NirvanA Initiative fans, I think it’s safe to guess now we’re getting Ai 3, but we’ll see!

Oh my god yes. With nirvanA, the AI series became one of my favourite VN series, and maybe even one of my favourite series ever. Hope a potential third one keeps the beat.

Both AI games are up there with some of my favourite games of all time so I am so here for another one!

i still need to play nirvana but the first somnium files is absolutely fantastic.

I hope its better than Nirvana, it was a big step down from the first game, the entire story was a trainwreck.

Lets go! If it is AI 3. I am glad he can still make these games. They arent the biggest sellers, even Raincode did well for a new Ip.

The first game got me into adventure/visual novels and going back to previous Uchikoshi works has been a blast. Please but the nonary games on switch 😅

LETS GO!!!
I just finished AI 1 and it was excellent! I guess this means I should get to Nirvana initiative sooner rather than later.

Somnium Files is one of my favourite works of Uchikoshi, so I'd love to see a third one. Looking forward to whatever this is teasing.

The first Somnium Files is up there as one of my favorite games ever made; excellent story with excellently written characters and deftly managing to balance a comedic and serious tone. Nirvana Initiative didn't quite reach those same highs but it was still extremely good. The series has so far proven to be my favorite and most consistent batch of games from him, and I am more than down for a third.

The story of the last game was not my cup of tea. The first game was way better imo. But more Aiba is always better.

I'm in for another. Nirvana wasn't as good as the first Somnium Files, but it wasn't nearly so bad as, say, Zero Time Dilemma.

I really liked both games, so I would love to see a third! Nirvana was good, but it wasnt quite as good as Somnium Files imo. Hopefully a third game could either match the quality of the first, or be even better!

I preferred NirvanA Initiative between the two since the twist really hit for me and I greatly preferred the gameplay sections, but I loved both games so I’m really excited for more here and to see what they come up with.

I preferred NirvanA Initiative between the two since the twist really hit for me and I greatly preferred the gameplay sections, but I loved both games so I’m really excited for more here and to see what they come up with.
Same for me, the core narrative themes running throughout the whole story of NirvanA were things that greatly appealed to me, especially with what I was dealing with at the time so a lot of the game resonated with me strongly on a personal level

In day one, no questions asked.

Both AI games are great and are some of my favorite games ever, I'd adore a third one.

They rank about equal for me. I prefer the twist and villain from the first one, but I love the new cast from NI and NI's twist did blindside me in a good way.

(Gameplay wise they're both about the same for me but I've never really considered gameplay important in this genre anyway, so :V)

Can only hope this one is better than Nirvana, yeah. Weird amount of retcons in that one. At this point, I’d be fine with
them retiring Date considering the way they hid the twist of AI1 for Nirvana newcomers.

Last edited:
I loved the first game (my wife and I no-lifed it pretty hardcore over a weekend, lol), and liked the second game. Can't help but feel like the sequel game should have cemented it as an anthology series with very loose connective tissue rather than a half-step direct sequel that didn't want to commit to being a sequel. So many things in Nirvana Initiative are cool, but I felt as though it poorly executed on most of its returning cast, Date in particular.

Hell yeah. Nirvana Initiative is one of the most unique VNs I’ve ever played, cannot wait to see what crazy bullshit Uchikoshi comes up with next.

A bit surprised we’re seemingly getting this before the Uchi/Kodaka collab. Figured that’d be next for Too Kyo.

The first Somnium Files is up there as one of my favorite games ever made; excellent story with excellently written characters and deftly managing to balance a comedic and serious tone. Nirvana Initiative didn't quite reach those same highs but it was still extremely good. The series has so far proven to be my favorite and most consistent batch of games from him, and I am more than down for a third.
Honestly the twist was cool though if the first game was a 9.5 I'd rate the second as an 8

EnhpV8YUYAE86vc.jpg

one of these days i'll get around to these

I actually did buy the first one on sale at some point but I have like 10+ other VNs already bought at some point or another too I want to get to someday and only play like 1-2 a year

I’ll echo that I liked the first game more for the characters and story in particular, but the second game’s twist actually had me sit up and say, out loud, “Holy shit, they did not actually just pull that off” which is about the highest praise I can give

one of these days i'll get around to these

I actually did buy the first one on sale at some point but I have like 10+ other VNs already bought at some point or another too I want to get to someday and only play like 1-2 a year
Honestly, other than maybe house in fata Morgana, od say these should pretty much be the top of anyone's list for vns they should play.

Honestly, other than maybe house in fata Morgana, od say these should pretty much be the top of anyone's list for vns they should play.

yeah maybe, I have played and enjoyed a bunch of Uchikoshi's other stuff(both the 999 series as well as his older stuff in the Infinity series)

still i've also heard good things about other stuff I bought and need to get around to someday like 428 and the Utawarerumono trilogy

I’ll echo that I liked the first game more for the characters and story in particular, but the second game’s twist actually had me sit up and say, out loud, “Holy shit, they did not actually just pull that off” which is about the highest praise I can give
It’s one of the only successful instances I can think of where everything is written deliberately for the plot twist. Some sacrifices had to be made to get there, but it’s absurdly impressive how gracefully they’re able to execute it, both in regard to the build up and the denouement. And the way it builds in a legitimately great excuse for the plot contrivances is the cherry on top.

I didn't fully work out the details of the second games twist, but I did guess the broad strokes of it and just laughed when the explanation happened. I prefer the first game's story and structure, but I think the second one had better puzzles. Even if they ZTD the next one, I still mostly had a good time with ZTD and would happily take more games that swing for the fences and strike out.

Back
Top Bottom