• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion After 14 months, 5-year Kickstarted Switch game Hatch Tales (formerly Chicken Wiggle Workshop) finally gets a "status update" (just a menu screenshot)

Complete Game Change and Date
  • Sorry for double post but this is pretty huge:

It’s been announced for March 2024… and completely redesigned. Apparently fears the older, cuter style wouldn’t sell well, so now the bird has a hook.

Not at all close to what people backed

3DS Patch Canceled and Hatch Tales MIA
  • Another hyper long bump but kinda needed:

First, atooi collection 3DS’s patch got canceled. Hours after i poked jools in discord back in Jan about it lmao. Blamed it on Nintendo/their publisher (LRG) not approving it despite them submitting a patch a year ago. Mind you, the game was unbeatable since Aug 2020, so they just ignored patching it for 2.5 years and only started work on the patch after they finished Run Box Run, so it seems like incompetence to me.

A homebrew guy heard the news and made a patch himself in a few days. So you can beat chicken wiggle now, if you hack your 3DS. Apparently it was very easy after fixing a quirk with the level editor.

As for hatch tales despite having a date for 5 days from now, there has not been a SINGLE peep about the game.

No kickstarter updates.

No kickstarter backers getting any relevant contacts (being asked about what name for the credits, the rewards, etc)

Not a single piece of screenshots or B-roll footage

Not an eShop page

devs in the discord being very dodgy and refusing to comment about the game (outside of an earlier remark on how they never felt pre release promotion for stuff helped sales all that much, take that as you will since i’m pretty sure the last game they pre-release promoted was Run Box Run, and try finding any reviews or coverage of that game to get an idea on how many people cared)

Nothing.

Who wants to bet it’ll get a stealth delay without so much as a gameplay clip?

Back
    Top Bottom