• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion According to Kit and Krysta, Furukawa is into Fire Emblem

Great story. I recently started getting into Kit and Krysta's podcast as i was looking for something to listen to and it's great.

we stand with furukawa 😃
tenor.gif

little jab at anyone (including myself) reading about things like Koizumi liking coffee which has nothing to do with me and will never impact me in any way

maybe parasocial is not the right word, I just woke up lol

Bro must be champing at the bit for the FE4 remake just like the rest of us.

I hope he makes it his mission to greenlight as many FE games as possible 😎 I want my Theatrhythm Fire Emblem spinoff already smh.
One of the perks you get to enjoy as Nintendo president is to play Nintendo games earlier. All the finished Nintendo games that Nintendo is sitting on can be readily enjoyed by Furukawa already.

That’s great news, now we have a smaller pool of fami members who could be furukawa in incognito, we should start scrutinizing all the fire emblem fans here for potential hints.

Nice and interesting video. They are able to make nice content when they feel like it. It’s too bad they don’t want to.

That’s great news, now we have a smaller pool of fami members who could be furukawa in incognito, we should start scrutinizing all the fire emblem fans here for potential hints.
Furuwaka seeing people not vibe with the color palette of Engage, telling IS go harder on the colors.

I have that “like” issue too and desperately need to fix it 😭 mind sharing what they taught you in that class?

I also took such a class once. The main piece of advice is that in most situations, a slower tempo with short pauses is almost always more dignified and understandable than a rambling cadence with lots of filler words and uuuhs. That is completely fine if you're just trying to get your emotions across, stream-of-consciousness style, but otherwise you're better off slowing down your speech so that it matches your thoughts, and then introducing pauses between phrases and emphasis as necessary. Using a short section of the excerpt in the OP as an example, instead of this

and I love how, yeah, it was like, sort of the first time we were seeing his personality and getting to know who he is as a person

you could try saying

and I love .... how it was the first time we were seeing his personality .... and getting to know who he is as a person

This is not universal by any means, but it has helped me immensely in many slightly more formal situations. I hope it is helpful and not too close to draw-the-rest-of-the-f***ing-owl territory.

Last edited:
This is not universal by any means, but it has helped me immensely in many slightly more formal situations. I hope it is helpful and not too close to draw-the-rest-of-the-f***ing-owl territory.
It's completely fine to point that out. A lot of people do this just to avoid 'dead air' in a conversation and do not realize that replacing those filler words with pauses generally improves your communication.

I think if you’d ask anyone at Nintendo this would be the only Game Series they truly want to keep publishing. This and developing quirky casual games or Pikmin once in a while.

Great story. I recently started getting into Kit and Krysta's podcast as i was looking for something to listen to and it's great.
welp, i like their content so much i have no subbed to their Patreon :)

Ok, but I need to know his opinion on Ike specifically. Only then will I be able to make a judgement on his taste.

It’s me guys, I’m Furukawa. I love Fire Emblem and spend my free time Engaging in Three Houses discourse. Black Eagles for life!

Did you see I capitalized the “E” in “Engaging”? Just a bit of my Fire Emblem humor, you see. 😜

As proof of my validity, let’s just say ExciteBots fans will be very happy with the next Direct 😉

Back
Top Bottom