• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News A Not So Very Spooktacular Discotek Day is today at 9PM Eastern & 6PM Pacific! streaming live on Youtube for the 1st time

I don’t know what to expect or if there are reasonable wants for me that will show up here, so I’ll just ask for more Hajime No Ippo and more Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. Excited to see it regardless!

I’m 100% picking up Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (excited to retire my DVDs and maybe we’ll gets A’s next 👀) and I’m likely going to pick up IGPX as well (no idea how it holds up, but I loved it on Toonami back in the day). Good show!

Not as many showstoppers as in previous streams for me personally, but still some good stuff; IGPX has me excited, and also interesting that Discotek is dubbing a longer series for the first time with Lovely Complex.

This was better than the last stream for 4, 4 titles I'd want:
Magical girl lyrical
Kurokami the animation
Fist of the north star
Igpx

Mostly just sad that Right stuf is gone now. Guess I'll have to order from amazon.

Man, people folks burying the lead on the Layzner/King Gainer Blu-ray update(that I missed live): they're both native HD scans/captures(well the latter was digipen to start with). So hype to grab them in December, perhaps with midnight eye Goku. Now if crunchy could get the preorders up

Also Dual, polymar and IGPX were the big ones for me
This was better than the last stream for 4, 4 titles I'd want:
Magical girl lyrical
Kurokami the animation
Fist of the north star
Igpx

Mostly just sad that Right stuf is gone now. Guess I'll have to order from amazon.
Crunchy has implemented the same discounts and is still carrying all Discotek stuff. Also just the storefront merged, the actual warehouse and distribution network is the same(it’s why they were bought out).

Man, people folks burying the lead on the Layzner/King Gainer Blu-ray update(that I missed live): they're both native HD scans/captures(well the latter was digipen to start with). So hype to grab them in December, perhaps with midnight eye Goku. Now if crunchy could get the preorders up

Also Dual, polymar and IGPX were the big ones for me

Crunchy has implemented the same discounts and is still carrying all Discotek stuff. Also just the storefront merged, the actual warehouse and distribution network is the same(it’s why they were bought out).
So I really don't like Crunchyroll. I sadly have to buy some titles from them (dragon ball, My hero, Demon slayer). But as a company I think they are vile and I try to minimize the money i give them. I have never and will never subscribe to their streaming service.

I was annoyed at them buying right stuf last year but kept shopping there despite feeling a bit dirty about it. But now that they have migrated everything over I've decided not to go along with it. I've already opted out of having my right stuf account moved.

I hate seeing all this anime consolidation happening under the Crunchyroll banner. So I just don't feel comfortable shopping from their store. I honestly think the western anime industry would benefit from Crunchyroll shutting down.

Back
Top Bottom