• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion A Chrono Trigger “pixel remaster” makes too much sense…

Vanillalite

Bob-omb
But I know SE won’t ever do it even if I have my monies ready. It would be a slam dunk to give the pixel remaster treatment to Chrono, and I bet it would sell like crazy.

Of course that also means SE won’t do it. :(

I feel like they're gonna get there! I have absolutely nothing to substantiate this, mind you. But I think it'll happen. Even if it's in 2028 because this is Square

Is there a reason they wouldn’t?

It seems like they’re delivering a lot of things fans want lately (I say as a casual observer)

Dunno if it was seeing this that spurred the thread, but there's been a fan edit or small demo or something of what the opening area could look like on twitter.

Tokita is now free after directing the Live A Live remake. Wouldn’t be surprised if a CT HD-2D project isn’t the next Asano project after Dragon Quest III.

Tokita is now free after directing the Live A Live remake. Wouldn’t be surprised if a CT HD-2D project isn’t the next Asano project after Dragon Quest III.
Tokita is the perfect fit for it. Had a major role in the original game AND works within Team Asano.

Honesty, I'd put down money on a HD-2D CT remake happening. It's only a matter of time.

HD2D chrono trigger being on the way is certainly the only way I can make any sense of them releasing the HD remaster of chrono cross and not trigger.

Tokita is the perfect fit for it. Had a major role in the original game AND works within Team Asano.

Honesty, I'd put down money on a HD-2D CT remake happening. It's only a matter of time.
Tokita is free, Mitsuda should be free now that Xenoblade is done(?). Live A Life HD-2D felt like a dry run for Chrono Trigger, or at least a good way to build out a hell of an asset library for the HD-2D teams.

And the 30th anniversary is in 2025. If they're going to try and do something for that, now's the time.

If Square Enix remakes Chrono Trigger, I’d prefer it straight up look like a 90s anime. Lean into Akira Toriyama’s art.

Then maybe demake Chrono Cross to match the aesthetic. [gets booed off-stage]

Square is weird but they're not Atlus. So there's a decent chance that they'll do it eventually, I feel. Just hoping it's actually HD-2D and not a Pixel Remaster. (Also still holding out hope for FF VI)

If Square Enix remakes Chrono Trigger, I’d prefer it straight up look like a 90s anime. Lean into Akira Toriyama’s art.

Then maybe demake Chrono Cross to match the aesthetic. [gets booed off-stage]
No idea about Chrono Cross but I wouldn't mind a more anime-styled Chrono Trigger either. Although if it ends up looking like that godawful mana remake, then I'd rather not :v

Please, ask for an HD-2D remake or an actual remaster, not a ''Pixel Remaster''.
When Square Enix hears ''Pixel Remaster'' they hear ''lowest-effort cheap junk that we can sell for up to $300''

Did not team asano in a interview said that for Octopath Travaler 2 wanted to inprove the graphics to match something like Chrono Trigger

Chrono Trigger deserves so much more than a pixel remaster. It deserves a full 3D remake with Dragon Quest XI style graphics.

Same with DQIII

The new Star Ocean remake has more charm to me than DQ11. I'd rather have CT in that style.

Square seems like they want to remake/re-release basically their entire SNES catalog so I'm sure they'll get to Chrono Trigger eventually.

... and to Terranigma.

Square seems like they want to remake/re-release basically their entire SNES catalog so I'm sure they'll get to Chrono Trigger eventually.

... and to Terranigma.
If the show some love to Terranigma I don’t even know what reaction I’d have.

I'm sure they'll do it at some point, but honestly CT is about as close to perfection as pixel art gets, and I'm not sure HD-2D will really improve on it.

... and to Terranigma.
Stop skipping Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia. You need to remake/remaster all of them.

Back
Top Bottom