• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

NSO December N64 NSO - Harvest Moon 64, 1080⁰ Snowboarding shadowdropped with Jet Force Gemini now!

What the fuck? 😂

any ideas why they’d dump them like this instead of the ritual one week announcement-to-release? You think if there was any drop they wouldn’t do like this, it’d be one with three games, and one of them being a surprise game at that

What the fuck? 😂

any ideas why they’d dump them like this instead of the ritual one week announcement-to-release? You think if there was any drop they wouldn’t do like this, it’d be one with three games, and one of them being a surprise game at that
Probably just wanted something that would gain attention at the Game Awards.

You forgot, The Jet Force Gemini Game on the Nintendo Switch Online Service on the Nintendo Switch Family of Systems.

Why not just announce this at the awards ceremony? Nintendo continues to kerfuffle me

They just... dropped three games at once. Wow. Anyway, the trailer was nicely done. I love when they have fun with these.

It's gonna be great when everyone that is engrossed in the awards thread finds this news out in a few hours.

Oh that is easily and by far the best single month this service has ever had. Harvest Moon 64 alone would win this, but throw JFG and 1080 in there? Those are three genuine all-timers, top-of-their-system library games

Yes, even JFG

Probably just wanted something that would gain attention at the Game Awards.
This wasn't shown there AFAIK, though, so it's not that. That's another mark against this, 3 games is pretty cool and they drop it during the busiest night of the month in terms of news/socials lol

Huh. Something for NSO did get announced. Not golden sun. But I was just joking not expecting anything lol

I have not played any of these games before, so I’m a bit excited to get my hands on then. Harvest Moon 64 especially, I never quite got around to it

So all the previously announced N64 games are released on N64 NSO now.

Hopefully they get Tooie, DKR, and DK64 on NSO early next year.

Sigh it's not like I have a lot of games to play this weekend, Nintendo. Just kidding. I'll fit them in somehow.

How does this harvest moon play compared to the snes one? I could not play the snes one lmao.
It's ridiculously good and got me hooked on the series for years before I burned out on it. I've only ever tried a little of the SNES game on Wii VC but I couldn't get into it at all. But yeah this game has a lot of depth and charm.

can't wait to re-experience the infamous typo on the title screen of Harvest Moon 64.
3984697-harvest-moon-64-nintendo-64-title-screen.jpg

There's still quite a few games I'd like to be on the service. Mischief Makers, Ogre Battle 64... but the library is really filling out, now. This is a nice selection of titles

So, so glad that HM64 has a real chance to be played by a new audience. One of my favorite games ever but it's been shafted by so many unlucky releases.

The NSO N64 announcement trailers are the best trailers Nintendo does these days

And it's not even close

what a legendary drop of games too gg

Now that the TGA's are over, I can bask in the glory of an N64 update. Three games in one night is unheard of.

BTW, the A.I in 1080 is as hard as I remember.

can't wait to re-experience the infamous typo on the title screen of Harvest Moon 64.
Huh, never heard of this. According to Clyde Mandelin this is apparently an acceptable spelling but it is a consistency mistake. Language is fun

Unfortunately, the Jet Force Gemini widescreen mode seems to be broken. The emulator seems to be assuming it's anamorphic when it's actually letterboxed. It's admittedly a bit of an odd choice on the game's part, but I don't know how you could look at that stretched image and think it looks correct.

I could be wrong but wasn't Natsume also misspelled somewhere in Friends of Mineral Town on the GBA? Not like it'd be the only typo in FoMT...

I'll be honest Harvest Moon 64 looks like shit. The 2D and 3D feels too tacky in this forced high resolution rendering bullshit, and the inconsistent filtering I hate it so much

Last edited:
I'll be honest Harvest Moon 64 looks like shit. The 2D and 3D feels too tacky in this forced high resolution rendering bullshit.
I wish there was an option for original resolution plus a scan line filter… N64 games would look a lot better like that, honestly.

is jet force gemini good by the way?
Perhaps, if you have a N64 controller for the Switch or they added the "Modern Controls" from the Rare Replay. If so, then it's pretty okay. Kinda like a proto-Ratchet and Clank game. Getting to the last boss requires a 100% like completion of rescuing little bear people. I don't think I ever accomplished that back in the day.

How does this harvest moon play compared to the snes one? I could not play the snes one lmao.
Much much better, much easier to grasp how to play and what to do.

It's also imo one of the Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons game with the better bachelorettes and events regarding them.

Choosing to believe 3 N64 games at once happened because, with Nintendo bigwigs at The Game Awards, Mischievious Nintendo Intern dared Nervous Nintendo Intern to do something brave.

That's pretty interesting, doing three at once. I guess they're maybe clearing out the slate of announced games so they can do a new roadmap type of thing at the next Direct.

I do think it's funny that they did this last night, when all of the attention is on the Game Awards. They always do these on Thursday and it's funny that they stubbornly stuck to that schedule no matter what.

Outside of nostalgia, and if you're already subscribed I suppose, there's really not much point playing this instead of the Friends of Mineral town remake that's already on switch. The first 3 HM games had big QOL jumps each time, from the SNES to 64 ,and then again to PS1, which was then remade as FOMT on the GBA.
After that, they go a bit more experimental trying new things on the PS2/GC games, but FOMT is where the basic gameplay was really set in stone in a player friendly way.

Last edited:
Never played Harvest Moon but I heard a lot of buzz about 64 so might try it over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom