• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Fire Emblem: Blazing Blade and Binding Blade (Japan only) are coming to NSO-GBA on June 22nd

Had multiple YouTube links in Clipboard and tried to figure out which one was which.

Thought I was quick enough to fix, guess not.
I saw it to, that'll be 20 lashes for such an error. Do you prefer them from Ivysaur or Kirby?

Much more happy to see nintendo is on average releasing at least 1 new GBA game per month.

Hopefully this doesn't mean no N64 game this month.

Never have I ever wanted a "special" release then I do for Blazing Blade. Have a special that loads up the game where you have all 3 campaigns and all 3 hard modes unlocked from the jump. I can't really imagine playing through Lyn normal mode in 2023.

Also I'm surprised they didn't throw in Sacred Stones as well. If they were only dropping Blazing Blade in both the US and Japan that'd be one thing, but you gave Japan 2 FE so why not just bite the bullet and drop them all?

Also I'm surprised they didn't throw in Sacred Stones as well. If they were only dropping Blazing Blade in both the US and Japan that'd be one thing, but you gave Japan 2 FE so why not just bite the bullet and drop them all?

Because FE6 is only in Japanese, you might as well just drop it with Fire Emblem 7 instead of releasing it on its own while the rest of the world gets something completely different. Plus the two games are linked by world and story. Sacred Stones is its own thing and was originally available outside of Japan so it can be released separately.

Whaaa nooo it was supposed to be n64 time, I've been waiting for 1080, Excitebike and Mario party 3… sigh, I'll live /s

looks away cause I liked Lyn but never actually played her game. Just used her in few. Guess I could try to rectify that

Very cool. I haven’t played many of the older FE titles. I’ll definitely be playing this once I’m done with Zelda in a month or two.

Is Nintendo not going to bother doing an English translation of The Binding Blade?
We're already huffing hard on the hoping/copium that Nintendo is holding back the announcement of Persona 3 Reloaded for the direct (which is rumored for 6/21). Let's take an extra hit and say the reason these are dated for after the direct is NoA/NoE will announce that Binding Blade has been localized and will be available as well on 6/23.

Won't be able to play with TotK taking all of my gaming time. I'm guessing by the posts in this thread about rewind that this game is perma death only?

Gah, I was hoping the trademark thing meant we'd be getting 6 at the same time as Japan too. Vastly prefer that to 7.

Still gonna play it.

Won't be able to play with TotK taking all of my gaming time. I'm guessing by the posts in this thread about rewind that this game is perma death only?
It is. Everything from before New Mystery (the second DS game) is permadeath only.

Goodness

This is still the classic Fire Emblem I'd recommend to people who want to be introduced to the series but don't want to spend a ton of money on one of the more recent ones

I'm very excited to be getting this again

Is Nintendo not going to bother doing an English translation of The Binding Blade? It bums me out that Nintendo doesn't prioritize localizing their Japan exclusive gems.
It takes a LOT of works to localized older games like Binding Blade. Even for something like Shadow Dragon, Nintendo didn't bother to romhack the entire game to English, but applying translation on-the-fly via the emulator itself. (Something that we don't know if the NES NSO is capable of) And for a text-heavy game like Binding Blade, releasing as is, is not gonna fly elsewhere.

I imagine we will get the game either as a limited release, or via a remake at this point.

Disappointing to see no (longshot) localization for Binding Blade, but I'm happy to replay Blazing any day. Like others have pointed out, the sanctioned arena abuse/rewind will allow for some really fun gimmicky runs.

20/20 Assassin Matthew and Legault here we go

I didn't think about this. Very cool!

Does anyone know how FE7's leveling RNG works and if NSO's rewinding would allow you to reroll stat increases very quickly?
Uhh... someone correct me if I'm wrong, but FE7 was in the era of level up stat gains reading RNG results one at a time? But the seed is set some time ago, so the way to change results in mid battle is to eat/churn through numbers.
IIRC, that arrow that extends and bends as you select a destination for a character to move to, can either be (from the character) horizontal then vertical, or vertical then horizontal. And that should be randomized? That is, that should eat a number. So the way to "reroll" a level up should be to rewind, eat some numbers by mucking about with that movement arrow, then try to level up again.

I didn't think about this. Very cool!

Does anyone know how FE7's leveling RNG works and if NSO's rewinding would allow you to reroll stat increases very quickly?
I just played it on Wii U a few months ago for the first time, where you attack from can change RNG if you really want to brute force something. Multiple save slots is arguably the bigger win if you want to make the game easier, but don’t want to cheat too much.

Even though I played this at launch, I still remember all the different places and most of the Houses in Lycia with their respective lords even to this day. And Hector Hard Mode is my favourite Fire Emblem experience.

Nice, time for a brand new generation to crush super hard on Lyn.
Neat.

Still hoping for a remake someday.
With Shadows of Valentia on 3DS and now supposedly Genealogy of the Holy War getting a remake on Switch, it seems inevitable... but it also will be a long time coming.

Nice, time for a brand new generation to crush super hard on Lyn.

With Shadows of Valentia on 3DS and now supposedly Genealogy of the Holy War getting a remake on Switch, it seems inevitable... but it also will be a long time coming.
People crushing on the 15 year old?

amongus800.jpg

I know they "aged her up" for the US release, but they also "aged up" Elise/Sakura in FE Fates, and I don't see people defending that choice of crush

The return of this classic:

7c4.png

E: I just love how Lyn's facial expression can be read as "I'm surrounded by idiots". ^^

That's cool, I never played the GBA Fire Emblem games.
Hope it's not too difficult for me, even with the rewind. The perma death is something I have to disable in the modern games.

amongus800.jpg

I know they "aged her up" for the US release, but they also "aged up" Elise/Sakura in FE Fates, and I don't see people defending that choice of crush
I think the whole incest angle doesn't really help Fates though.

Yeah, they usually try to throw in something to keep game counts even between regions. Advance Wars 1 would've been a good sub but I doubt we'll see that for awhile with the remake on shelves.

Uhh... someone correct me if I'm wrong, but FE7 was in the era of level up stat gains reading RNG results one at a time? But the seed is set some time ago, so the way to change results in mid battle is to eat/churn through numbers.
IIRC, that arrow that extends and bends as you select a destination for a character to move to, can either be (from the character) horizontal then vertical, or vertical then horizontal. And that should be randomized? That is, that should eat a number. So the way to "reroll" a level up should be to rewind, eat some numbers by mucking about with that movement arrow, then try to level up again.
This is basically right, yeah. If you want to change the outcome of something from a save state/once you rewind, you gotta make that movement arrow wiggle

A tip for those first time players who also want a decent challenge:

Avoid using Hector too much.

He can get broken so easy in this game, not funny. I know, it's gonna be hard not using him too much, since he's also an adorable idiot who you just can't hate, but yeah. ^^

I think The Blazing Blade is one of those games that gets talked up so much by its fans that I'm more curious if that will help or hurt when a new generation of players try it.

I mean... I WAS around 15 years old, as I played the game and crushed on Lyn. I guess that's the case for a lot of people who like her.

(and also she doesn't LOOK or acts as childish as Elise in Fates and there was no dating sim aspect in Blazing Blade)

The funniest thing about Lyn honestly is that every single ending either implies she dies at some point before FE6 or just fucks off into obscurity.
True. But more because she was an add-on for FE7 that wasn't featured on hinted at all in FE6. A possible FE6 remake will rectify her by introducing her to the story or explaining why she doesn't appear and even might add Mark to the backstory.

Probably because they look like children and Lyn doesn't

Outside Japan Lyn is of age and her design and temperament fits better with that anyway, so w/e man, let people have their waifu

In a series with 1000 year old dragon girl lolis, crushing on Lyn is pretty benign

Me and Sakurai just gonna be over here crushing on Navarre

FE6 is not a gem. It's one of the worst games in the series.

It's my favorite of the unlocalized games. I'd take its mechanically simpler design choices and lack of objective variety over the first three games' slow-as-molasses engines, 4's big ass maps, or 5's fun but kinda bullshit difficulty. I know the fandom loves to nitpick 6 now but its problems are relatively minor and its strengths (the pacing, the map design, the OST and sprite work) are really fucking strong. I also don't really mind Roy sucking.

FE 6 is fine, it's a fairly enjoyable game with some wonk ass balance issues, but it's easy to recommend. I don't even think Roy sucking for 80% of the game is that big an issues because lords generally suck for most of the campaign in a FE game. He's not even the worst lord in the GBA trilogy, that's Lyn by a country mile.

Back
Top Bottom