• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

NSO Kirby Tilt ‘n’ Tumble (GBC), Mystery Tower (NES), Harvest Moon (SNES) and Blaster Master: Enemy Below (GBC) have been added to NSO

Coco

Armamenter ❄️

Ready to have a ball with four classic titles on your Nintendo Switch™ system? You're in luck, because Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble, Mystery Tower, Harvest Moon and Blaster Master: Enemy Below are playable right now. You can play all these games and more with a Nintendo Switch Online membership!

I never thought we’d ever get Harvest Moon anything on here so I’m glad to see that!

I assume Kirby is using gyro?

Harvest Moon is a big get!

Never played that Kirby game. I'll give it a try.

But those Oracle games....

Tilt n' Tumble hopefully means we'll get WarioWare Touched finally and can watch the eBay prices go into freefall

So this is Tower of Babel for Famicom, religion reference stripped, with a fresh title screen?? Wild!
Dare we dream of Devil World getting localized finally?

I've never been so happy to be wrong. Classic Harvest Moon games coming to NSO is a huge deal. I figured they would be gone forever after the Wii U and 3DS eShops closed.

Really looking forward to 64 (the best one) and the GBC trilogy coming to NSO now.

I've never been so happy to be wrong. Classic Harvest Moon games coming to NSO is a huge deal. I figured they would be gone forever after the Wii U and 3DS eShops closed.

Really looking forward to 64 (the best one) and the GBC trilogy coming to NSO now.
Legend of the River King when?

Goodness. never played the Kirby and Harvest Moon game but I definitely will.

Eventually.....

I was not expecting NES and SNES games so soon. Guess that big gap last time just made me think they were going to be slower than the other systems from now on

I was not expecting NES and SNES games so soon. Guess that big gap last time just made me think they were going to be slower than the other systems from now on
They've now had almost 2 years of nso+ep to fund getting a better selection of games from 3rd parties.

Speaking of, I'm shocked there hasn't been any more expansion added to NSO+EP since Splatoon 2's.

This its the first Harvest Moon right? How good and/or archaic is it? Looking forward to actually playing it, as my rudimentary Japanese was inadequate to make it through the JP version.

They've now had almost 2 years of nso+ep to fund getting a better selection of games from 3rd parties.

Speaking of, I'm shocked there hasn't been any more expansion added to NSO+EP since Splatoon 2's.

Yea no kidding. You'd think they would throw us FE: Three Houses DLC or another game that is a few years old.

This its the first Harvest Moon right? How good and/or archaic is it? Looking forward to actually playing it, as my rudimentary Japanese was inadequate to make it through the JP version.
It's missing a lot of qol features later games in the farming sim genre have, but even at it's most primitive (this or the first gb hm) these games are still a good time.

This is a really good drop, I’ve thought about playing Harvest Moon for a little while but Tilt N Tumble is a godsend.

Looks like the JP app gets an exclusive SFC baseball game called "Super Ultra Baseball" instead of Harvest Moon (which they already received a while back).

How good and/or archaic is it?
Definitely archaic. The controls can feel a little sluggish, you can only pick up one item at a time (NO RUCKSACK), you can't see the time unless you're home, there's a whole host of QoL features that are missing.

But the core gameplay loop is sound. The marriage and other aspects aren't going to be as fleshed out, but they're fine. The farming can get addicting once you hit that groove.

Legit, didn't think Natsume and Marvelous would come to an agreement.

I messed around with Kiby for a few minutes. Pretty cool how the tilt control work with the pro controller.
Cheater, the only true way to play Kirby's Tilt N Tumble is by awkwardly trying to look at the screen while tilting it away from you!

That's a great little batch. Also means harvest moon 64 is on the table. Also a lost localization is a cool pick

Curious to see what n64 game we get this month, MP3, 1080 or excitbike would all be great

We can’t escape the farming direct, even in an NSO announcement.

This is a great little batch of games! The tower game looks frustrating, not for me. And I’m not into Harvest Moon, but I know how big of a deal it is for a lot of folks. The GBC games are where it’s at, though. Definitely gonna give Kirby a shot soon.

Harvest Moon SNES getting its international release on SNES NSO would also mean that Harvest Moon 64 would be coming internationally on N64 NSO.

I for one welcome the farm sim deluge.

I really, really hope HM64 materializes.

Shoutout to the GBC games too, I have not played either of them but I definitely want to try them out.
There are 3 HM games on GB/C, sadly the 3rd one accidentally pulled a sexist. For those who don't know, only the 3rd HM game on GB had marriage, and if you play as a female character and get married, the game instantly ends 🫠

So this is Tower of Babel for Famicom, religion reference stripped, with a fresh title screen?? Wild!

Dang, I loved it in Namcot Collection and hoped this was some cool lost US version, but it seems to just be some weird rename for NSO. I dunno why they didn't just call it Babel Tower or something. These Namco NES games being repeats of stuff from that collection is pretty irksome when you own all the DLC for it, not gonna lie... Wish they'd add something that set didn't get like megami tensei II or Mappy Kids.

Still, pretty solid update and it coming on a monday totally surprised me lol: Harvest Moon is a gigaton get and makes me happy whatever legal hell that title was in is fixed now so that should make 64 a lock too. Tilt And Tumble is taking a bit for me to get used to controlling and BM Enemy Below is still incredibly evil (pretty much the lost levels sequel of Blaster Master NES and in theory the JP version would take place after the Zero series per that game's timeline)

Looks like the JP app gets an exclusive SFC baseball game called "Super Ultra Baseball" instead of Harvest Moon (which they already received a while back).

That was the oooooold Super Baseball Simulator game Culture Brain put on US NSO years ago. It's one of a few games we got that JP didn't: still hoping for Rushing Beat Shura to one day show...

I just realized that the Kirby game was the first one in the "coming soon" montage that was released on NSO.

Oops, All Bangers!

Seriously, this is a high quality drop of games. You know it’s good when even the padding game is pretty solid

Not a bad haul. Enemy Below was my first Blaster Master game all the way back when I first played it on 3DS VC, and it's pretty good. Tilt 'n' Tumble is also something I'm excited to play for the first time, and Harvest Moon is in the same boat as someone who got farming pilled on Rune Factory 4.

I'll be playing Kirby's Tilt'n Tumble first. Never played that one.

But boy, the good news here is Harvest Moon finally reaching western NSO, wich means Harvest Moon 64 has finally a chance!

I can only presume that Mystery Tower is a previously unreleased localisation that Namco have been sitting on for more than 3 decades (and probably didn’t include in the NamcoT Collection because they wanted to only include the original Japanese Famicom releases).

Pretty cool!

stares at the Nintendo tea leaves to read the omens

So maybe the base sub is now on one update at the end of each quarter? That'll definitely help Nintendo stretch GB releases out over years. I'd guess Mega Drive gets titles either at the end of this month or the end of next month, with N64 this month and GBA next, too.

Anyhow, this is a pretty neat update given the mix.

Back
Top Bottom