• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

NSO Burger Time Deluxe (GB), Kirby's Dream Land 2 (GB), Xevious (NES) and Side Pocket (SNES) have been added to NSO

Coco

Armamenter ❄️

Save the day on the Rainbow Islands in Kirby’s Dream Land™ 2 and feast on arcade action in BurgerTime Deluxe, both of which are joining the Game Boy™ – Nintendo Switch Online collection! Plus, run the table in SIDE POCKET on the Super NES™ – Nintendo Switch Online library and scroll your roll in XEVIOUS on the NES™ – Nintendo Switch Online library. All four of these titles are available for Nintendo Switch Online members to play … today!

I don’t know why it didn’t occur to me that GB games would be announced with the other base system games.

Kirby's going to be a lot of fun to play again!

No Jaleco this time, but Data East is almost as good. I'll take it!

This is a pretty good update, all things considered! I was dreading the idea they might be done with NES and SNES, too.

Wow BurgerTime is a huge nostalgia hit for me. One of my first GB games, its music is glued right into my mind...

G-Mode isn't joking around, lots of Data East on NSO already.

Haven’t played DL2 in over a decade, can’t wait to take a crack at it again. Hope we get GB and GBA games monthly for a while if not N64.

No SGB support for Kirby... While this game didn't make extensive use of SGB (ala DK94), it had a unique palette for each world and a cool border.

I guess at this point, it's safe to assume SGB won't be supported.

Just realized that both of those GB games weren't on the coming soon list in the direct. Burgertime is obvious why they didn't show it, 3rd party and not a big one at that, but surprised that Kirby wasn't on the list.

Now where is my Genesis games?

Kirby’s Dreamland 2 is quite good. No time soon, but I’m looking forward to replaying that eventually.

Ooh Dream Land 2. I played Dream Land for the first time a few weeks ago, will definitely give the sequel a shot.

Hmm so we will have smaller games padding between the flagship games that were announced coming soon?

That's fine by me, there's a bunch of cool 3rd party stuff on the GBC. I hope they do the same thing with GBA.

Now we're just missing a N64 game this month and we're good, Nintendo.

Nice little update. Gonna laugh if we get genesis and n64 this month too

Also nice to see a sign of renewed Bandai Namco support, that's a good sign for all platforms. Give me Ridge Racer 64

additionally neither games were on the roadmap. Perhaps Gameboy will have more frequent updates

They deviated from the "list" announced at the direct for the gameboy, I thought the Oracle games were next. At least we now know we can get surprises.

Nice update!

Nice little update. Gonna laugh if we get genesis and n64 this month too

Also nice to see a sign of renewed Bandai Namco support, that's a good sign for all platforms. Give me Ridge Racer 64

additionally neither games were on the roadmap. Perhaps Gameboy will have more frequent uI still expect a pdates

I still expect a Genesis update if only for the sake of patterns. As for N64, I'll just assume that Nintendo will keep punishing me.

Dream Land 2 is one of my all time favorites. Played through that over and over as a kid, and every time it's been re-released. Burger Time was always a game that I tried to get my cousin to play when I visited them with it, and have always had a soft spot. Didn't know there was a Gameboy version. Excited to try out the other two as well!

I just want them to release Gargoyle's Quest 2 on NES so we can have the whole trilogy on NSO.

Side Pocket is a surprise, I remember playing that game years ago on a family friends' SNES since it was the only game he owned lol.

This is a pretty good lineup. I imagine this is how most standard NSO focused expansions will be like. 1 or 2 GB games combined with 1 NES and 1 SNES game.

But I can't believe we got Xevious before Startropics 2.

Edit: Today's update makes for 250 games to the NSO service thus far.

Last edited:
I really really hope these NES / SNES / GB drops return to being monthly now. Some combination of 1-2 GB, 1-2 NES and 1-2 SNES is still not ideal at all imo, but on a consistent schedule it would at least be preferable to the last few years of NES / SNES drops.

Combine with monthly GBA and N64 for a minimum of 6 games a month is still not ideal, but again better than he last few years. I imagine MD will remain as infeequent as it was in the first year.

2 GB games? Nice, hopefully we start seeing 2 GBA game releases some times.
These GB titles weren’t among the ones already announced, right?

My intuition says we're only going to get one GBA game a month at most. Hope I'm wrong.

Nice to the see the SNES/NES updates and it adds much variety. I really wish they could get the Jaleco UK developed/Gremlin Graphics stuff. Top Gear/2/3000 or even Taito's Chase HQ would add much variety.

What is interesting is that the two Gameboy games in this update were not mentioned in the direct for upcoming games.

Any game is possible lol.

I knew they would have more game updates soon.

One of my earliest gaming memories is playing burgertime on my dad's intellevision. Haven't played the Gameboy version so I'll need to give it a shot.

Oh my god. Burger Time. This has unlocked ancient memories of a classmate trying to force me to take his Burger Time cartridge as a trade for Paper Mario

Decent but I want some more Jaleco Nintendo...come on.

City Connection's gotta pick up the slack with those Jaleco releases, otherwise G-Mode is just going to destroy them with all of their Data East classics!

Busting out my stick and will play the shit out of Xevious.

Thank god, I was worried we’d only get Fusion this month. I guess they’re spreading them out across multiple monthly drops.

Back
Top Bottom