• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Sports 2022 Football World Cup (20 November - 18 December)

One of the few times I'll ever celebrate Kane scoring.
(edit) nevermind he showed his spurs dna

Last edited:
I just came here to say that I fucking hate Lionel Messi, the end of the match against Netherlands is a good showcase of the kind of individual he is, and yet, tons of people continue kissing his sorry ass because "he is the best player", FUCK THAT, here is for either Croatia or France/Morocco to end his WC dream once and for all 🥃

Regardless, if he wins or not, after this WC i hope he justs fucks off to wherever and never being able to see his weaselly ugly mugg again.

Other than that, some takes:

Morocco, very happy for them, i don´t see them winning against France , but what they have done in this WC is remarkable. Who knows maybe they surprise us yet again, i'm just scared because if they win against France i don't see them winning against Messentina either.

Hope France can win this and brake the Champion's curse

And England.....I don't even have the desire to mock them, today was the most "England" day for England among all the Englands and days.

Quarter-final results
Croatia 4-2* Brazil
Netherlands 3-4* Argentina
Morocco 1-0 Portugal
England 1-2 France

match decided on penalties

Semi-finals​

Kick-off times in GMT.

Tuesday, 13 December​

Game 61: Croatia v Argentina (19:00)

Wednesday, 14 December​

Game 62: Morocco v France (19:00)

And England.....I don't even have the desire to mock them, today was the most "England" day for England among all the Englands and days.

I actually disagree with this entirely, as an England fan. It's only because of a penalty miss that there's even a hint of that sort of vibe.

But unlike most of our WC exits, we actually played well and didn't leave the tournament with a rubbish performance. The fine margins went against us, and against the best team in the world, there's no shame in that.

Even the reaction at home - which has historically been toxic as fuck after a loss - seems a lot more conciliatory than usual. It feels like most recognise that we gave a good account of ourselves, but just fell short.

Of course, I have stayed off Twitter and Reddit in the main, so maybe that colours my perception.

I actually disagree with this entirely, as an England fan. It's only because of a penalty miss that there's even a hint of that sort of vibe.

But unlike most of our WC exits, we actually played well and didn't leave the tournament with a rubbish performance. The fine margins went against us, and against the best team in the world, there's no shame in that.

Even the reaction at home - which has historically been toxic as fuck after a loss - seems a lot more conciliatory than usual. It feels like most recognise that we gave a good account of ourselves, but just fell short.

Of course, I have stayed off Twitter and Reddit in the main, so maybe that colours my perception.
That's precisely my point, it is not like England played bad on the Euros or 2018 either, far from it, but they keep dying on the line without being able to consolidate and yesterday was another situation like this. This England was the best I've seen play in my lifetime.

f638x638-16512_74679_5050.jpg

I just want for this shitty WC to end already.....

Anyway....I want France to win because I see them defeating evil, but if Morocco still has a surprise in its pocket I hope they have 2.

As a player, Messi deserves the cup. Definitely the best of our generation.

Obviously rooting for Morocco tomorrow. If they win, I will cheer for both Morocco and Argentina in the final.

What’s the story on Messi, as a person? As an American fan, I only hear “player of a generation” etc etc.

Semi-final results
Croatia 0-3 Argentina (19:00)
Morocco 0-2 France (19:00)

Third-place play-off​

Saturday, 17 December​

Game 63: Croatia v Morocco (15:00 GMT)

Final​

Sunday, 18 December​

Game 64: Argentina v France (15:00 GMT)

What’s the story on Messi, as a person? As an American fan, I only hear “player of a generation” etc etc.
The general take has always been that he's a very shy, very simple guy. Someone who only ever really felt at home playing football.

As a kid he was super-small - so small that he needed growth hormones when he hit puberty. And perhaps because of that, he just never spoke. New teammates would sometimes think he was a mute. His life was run by his family. He moved from Argentina to Barcelona, Spain when he was young (12, iirc). Didn't help the shyness. When, as a massively famous multiple-player-of-the-year-winning adult, he went back to meet his school-mates in Argentina, he sat at a table and his mother sat next to him so he'd feel comfortable, rather than just showing up and shooting the breeze. Not normal, really. Very shy.

And he basically never said anything of interest to the media or elsewhere for decades - his interviews were famously terrible - until slightly recently with Argentina, when he has started to find his voice - about how much he cares about his country, at least (for some reason there were people who doubted this).

A lot of people will talk about his tax evasion, but as someone who works in that world I can guarantee he would have had no idea about any of it - I doubt he could understand it much if he wanted to. You hire people to take care of your money and you don't question their advice.

Best read is probably ESPN's "outside the lines" interview from 2016. I haven't read it in years but it's where I got most of what I've said above.

Best final ever? 50 minutes of absolute boredom after the 2-0 only to be followed by 60 of the maddest performances I have ever seen. There wasn't a great display of football, but both teams tried their best despite the physical exhaustion.

Congrats to the Argentinian team, though I admit I really didn't want them to win xp

Please explain?
There was tons of racists tweets and comments against the French players in the days leading up to the match and during the match (I invite you to type « n*gro di merdia » in the Twitter research bar) and we also got plenty of vids of Argentina fans chanting racist stuff like that

There was tons of racists tweets and comments against the French players in the days leading up to the match and during the match (I invite you to type « n*gro di merdia » in the Twitter research bar) and we also got plenty of vids of Argentina fans chanting racist stuff like that

But this is not new. This is ALWAYS with Argentinian fans (and sometime even players) and not only against France but against every country and in every world cup that i have memory of. So even asking to explain it seems done in bad faith.

Anyway, evil won yesterday...it had to be during the most dark and perverse World Cup in modern times too.

But this is not new. This is ALWAYS with Argentinian fans (and sometime even players) and not only against France but against every country and in every world cup that i have memory of. So even asking to explain it seems done in bad faith.

Anyway, evil won yesterday...it had to be during the most dark and perverse World Cup in modern times too.
Not a regular viewer nor has the media done much coverage on this (from outlets I peruse). This is nit a bad faith question.

The only "evil" in the match was Emiliano Martínez. Argentina sympathizers like to argue he can celebrate however he wants due to his performance and thus he shouldn't be called names, which is delusional, but all in all, it's the truth anyway, the guy has zero class.

I did hear the chant and ohh lord... yes It sucks, and the stuff they were saying were along the lines that french were now a "bunch of black africans from angola and no longer french", and I was thinking, you know what this is true, but this is due to immigration policies the french goverment, implemented, and now they are reaping the rewards. Fifa has no rule against this and it shouldn't.

They also invested the money and now France is powerful country when it comes to soccer, the funny part is that their league sucks compared to La Liga, Premier League, and Bundesliga.

I guess Argentineans are butt hurt because no one wants to immigrate to their country. Their economy sucks and any Argentinean player that is able to do it will go to Europe where the money is.

Then finally you have Mbappe saying that south America soccer is way behind European soccer.

This is for me just everyone is throwing shots at everyone.

There is no evil one. These guys will throw shit at each other in and outside the court to destabilize their counterparts. It's like that basketball movie from Adam Sandler called hustle.

I live in a border town with the US and whenever we play soccer betweeen US/Mexican players they will also throw shit even if both side have the same last names such as Perez, Martinez or Garcia.

Saying shit like this is part of the game. Now it is a total different topic if it's a correct thing to do or not. It just happens, if you have played a game on any sport and things get heat up stupidity will be bound to happen.

Now this is just a point of view, so please don't kill, this is how I see the world from my small bubble.

I did hear the chant and ohh lord... yes It sucks, and the stuff they were saying were along the lines that french were now a "bunch of black africans from angola and no longer french", and I was thinking, you know what this is true, but this is due to immigration policies the french goverment, implemented, and now they are reaping the rewards. Fifa has no rule against this and it shouldn't.

They also invested the money and now France is powerful country when it comes to soccer, the funny part is that their league sucks compared to La Liga, Premier League, and Bundesliga.

I guess Argentineans are butt hurt because no one wants to immigrate to their country. Their economy sucks and any Argentinean player that is able to do it will go to Europe where the money is.

Then finally you have Mbappe saying that south America soccer is way behind European soccer.

This is for me just everyone is throwing shots at everyone.

There is no evil one. These guys will throw shit at each other in and outside the court to destabilize their counterparts. It's like that basketball movie from Adam Sandler called hustle.

I live in a border town with the US and whenever we play soccer betweeen US/Mexican players they will also throw shit even if both side have the same last names such as Perez, Martinez or Garcia.

Saying shit like this is part of the game. Now it is a total different topic if it's a correct thing to do or not. It just happens, if you have played a game on any sport and things get heat up stupidity will be bound to happen.

Now this is just a point of view, so please don't kill, this is how I see the world from my small bubble.

LMAO

And for the record, the racism and toxicity in football must change, on all sides. But as always in these kind of things, one side is always more insidious that the other side.

No matter how much you try hard to attack the other country, or the other fans.

i don't remember Batistuta leaving the field in tears due to racial abuse like Samuel Eto did, i don't remember fans doing monkey chants against Dennis Bergkamp and they did against Ronaldino. If you don't think that these things needs to change while also make false equivalences then i don't know what to tell you.

Using edgelord , 4chany language like "butthurt" , paring them to all the bull that you just said makes me believe that you DID asked in bad faith.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom