• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion 1upmuffin welcome thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya all. I have been lurking on ResetEra for a few months. I got caught up in all the Switch Pro hype but started enjoying other discussions. I tried to join but my application was rejected as my paid email account didn't link to a website. I didn't feel comfortable at the time using my workplace handle.

I'm so happy there is now a place to have intelligent discussions about all things Nintendo as I am unabashedly a bit of a fanboy in the least toxic sense. I just have always gravitated to Nintendo consoles. I grew up with the SNES (pronounced Snez where I'm from) and Game Boy and have owned and enjoyed every console since. (The Wii U admittedly got dusty far quicker than any other.)

I'm really into turn based strategy RPGs à la Final Fantasy Tactics, Advance Wars, etc. Also partial to JRPGs, Metroidvanias, cosy farm-em-ups, and I've been getting into VNs recently too.

Outside of gaming I love to walk, cook amazing vegan food, and put together jigsaw puzzles while listening to copious audiobooks.

Hi, I just wanted to thank 1upmuffin for his continued support and friendship. He's kind, and funny, and smart.

EDIT: Ah, I thought I posted this from my Alt.

EDIT 2: I don't have an alt I promise

EDIT 3: Even if I did have an alt (which I don't), I would never use them to boost my own ego.

Hello.

I'm FernandoRocker. I'm not as prominent as other members, but I have been part of the gaming community since the early 2000's.

I have had accounts on tons of forums, all of them under the same nickname. I was pretty active at Joystiq (comment section) and then NeoGAF and ResetEra.

I feel like I know you guys from a long long time (even if we haven't exchanged comments before).

Glad to be part of this community.

Hello all!

I'm Black Chamber. I've been a regular poster on GameFaqs, IGN's forums, Sony's forums, NeoGAF, ResetEra, D-Pad.life and now here.

I enjoy making OTs/STs for things I am excited about to share some of that hype with everyone. I'm a huge movie buff, I love Synthwave/Heavy Metal/80s Pop & game/movie soundtracks, I love Sushi, Pho & Ramen & I have a weakness for nostalgia😅

Hello all!

I'm Black Chamber. I've been a regular poster on GameFaqs, IGN's forums, Sony's forums, NeoGAF, ResetEra, D-Pad.life and now here.

I enjoy making OTs/STs for things I am excited about to share some of that hype with everyone. I'm a huge movie buff, I love Synthwave/Heavy Metal/80s Pop & game/movie soundtracks, I love Sushi, Pho & Ramen & I have a weakness for nostalgia😅
lmao

Hello all!

Aaaaand he's gone. Bye bitch.

Ok I don't want to clog up the thread but ... context? 👀🙂🧐😅
Black Chamber was the OP of the CyberPunk 2077 marketing threads on ResetEra, and, after downplaying and dismissing the concerns of the trans community about the game and its marketing cycle for a long period of time (but was never really punished for this as he put up a "nice guy" persona when talking with staff), he was eventually banned when other problematic behavior came to light.

Hello all!

200w.gif

Welp, I'm Jkm23, only claim to fame was the "Friday thread" on resetera as OP. No I still don't like happy friday.

Been out of forums since 2019 when I ditched era bc of how relentlessly toxic that place is.

Welp, I'm Jkm23, only claim to fame was the "Friday thread" on resetera as OP. No I still don't like happy friday.

Been out of forums since 2019 when I ditched era bc of how relentlessly toxic that place is.
Not sure I ever saw that that thread but welcome all the same!

holy fuck you're a legend

Hi AR15mex,

Ive been a member for a while, I was on neo gaf, then, resetera, and I settled here at fami.

Enjoying my time here, and I post every now and then.

Happily married, and father of 4. I talk more about Nintendo games than actually playing them.

Nice to meet you all!

Top five reoccurring thread on ERA. Thank you for your service!

I talk more about Nintendo games than actually playing them.
You will fit in just fine here!

Top five reoccurring thread on ERA. Thank you for your service!

You will fit in just fine here!

Happy to have my shamefully itchy 'new thread' finger be of service... 😺

I already restrained myself from making a thread on Uncharted 1's endless waves of enemies... Baby steps!

Hi is this the thread where people just say hi?
Hi.
I've got no history other than lurking on Nintendo Direct rumor thread whenever I would get bored at my job every few months or so.
Hi but in a kirby voice now.

Hi everyone, I'm Christo750, but Chris is good.

I was lurker on GAF, a member of Era, and now happy to be here as part of Fami. I'm a videographer and photographer for weddings, corporate events, etc. I'm also a singer and a songwriter for over 10 years, have been in bands for a long time, and after a long 6-year hiatus, I started a band with a friend of mine called The EXOHs. We're debuting soon and I'm excited for it; it truly helps me feel alive.

I'm a big Nintendo fan through and through, and their games have helped me gain an appreciation for the art form of game design. I've had lovely interactions here; better than the other boards entirely. Nice to meet all of you officially.

I found the site via Twitter and decided to join! <3

Mario series is my favorite and wanted a place to discuss Nintendo stuff without fear of being made fun of or trolled

Mario series is my favorite and wanted a place to discuss Nintendo stuff without fear of being made fun of or trolled
Welcome!

Imagine being trolled of made fun of just for liking Nintendo. Man, I love gaming but there are loads of toxic console war type people I could really do without.

Imagine being trolled of made fun of just for liking Nintendo. Man, I love gaming but there are loads of toxic console war type people I could really do without.
Thanks for the welcome. Yep, it's happened before sadly.

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I joined like six months ago, but since I mostly lurk I figured I'd introduce myself all the same. Anyway, I'm Stephen 👋

Was never on gaf. While I was active on Era for a time as KefkaFFVI, I rarely left the Fire Emblem Heroes OT. I never visited NintendoEra or other Nintendo-specific OTs once, So, unless you chatted about FEH, you probably never saw me. Also been on some old-ass Nintendo forums as ZoraPrime; Arceus that name feels old now. Anyway, my interests tend to be very weeb-- I play a lot of JRPGs and VNs. There's anime--mostly mlitary scifi and bishonen (e.g. Idolish7) series and manga--mostly BL and some shonen--as well. I'm also very rarely up to date on current releases; I am a patient gamer/viewer/reader to the extreme. Fire Emblem, Kiseki, Ace Attorney, Xenoblade, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Persona, Kingdom Hearts, and Yakuza are some of my favorite series.

As for why Famiboards? Mostly I just wanted a place to meet other folks, and happened to come across Famiboards via Twitter not long after I left Era. I do tend to play on NIntendo systems a lot, in no small part because they've dominated the handheld scene, so figured why not? ¯\ _ (ツ) _ /¯

anyway, i still mostly just lurk here. I be a perpetual lurker, I suppose. 😅

As for why Famiboards? Mostly I just wanted a place to meet other folks, and happened to come across Famiboards via Twitter not long after I left Era. I do tend to play on NIntendo systems a lot, in no small part because they've dominated the handheld scene, so figured why not? ¯\ _ (ツ) _ /¯
i don't really recall what post/thread I found the site in. It had to be something about Nintendo or so? But anyway, welcome..? lol

I think I never introduced myself properly. I was sort of active on ERA and afterward joined the crew here. I am currently writing for a Dutch Nintendo Website and otherwise I am and was active in organising a charity stream within the Netherlands where we raised money for the national Alzheimer Foundation in the first one and in the second one for the national Heart Foundation.

My main genre is withing RPG's and favorite franchises are Monster Hunter and Fire Emblem. Anything else just send me a DM :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom