• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Could Metroid Dread win Game of the Year this year?

Will Metroid Dread be 2021's GOTY?

• Yes

Votes: 63 49.6%
  • No

Votes: 64 50.4%

• Total voters
Halo will come out too late and I don't see something like FFXIV winning.
And given what I see on OpenCritic on the 2021 Hall of Fame... it could.
I wouldn't bet on it but I wouldn't bet on anythign else.
I dunno if Psychonauts or It Takes Two are big enough and how people see Deathloop or Rift apart in comparison to Dread.
Heck it could be MH Rise... I really don't know

No. It’s not the video game equivalent of the MCU and it doesn’t have ten minutes of walking followed by five minutes of gameplay and then an overindulgent cut scene.

No. It’s not the video game equivalent of the MCU and it doesn’t have ten minutes of walking followed by five minutes of gameplay and then an overindulgent cut scene.
......what? What are you even talking about lol

It's Nintendo's most acclaimed title this year, so I'm positive it will grab a nod. Would it win though? Anything goes this year, so I suppose it could, but idk I don't really see it.

If I had to guess, TGA's GOTY is going to Resident Evil. Besides critical acclaim/budget/etc, Village proved a real crossover moment for gaming this year, which might be the edge it needs at the show.

Sidenote: wishful thinking here but I see SMTV turning into a dark horse pick if Atlus goes above and beyond. I have a very good feeling about that game.

I feel that Ori's chances were lowered by the fact that it was pretty broken at launch.

Also it hurts to say this, but the two Ori games sometimes blend together. If you played the first one, Will of the Wisps presentation isn't as striking.

......what? What are you even talking about lol
Just poking a bit of fun at games like Uncharted, TLoU, 2018 GoW and Read Dead lol

And Dread is a video game ass video game through and through.

Still not over GoW winning over Celeste lol

Just poking a bit of fun at games like Uncharted, TLoU, 2018 GoW and Read Dead lol

And Dread is a video game ass video game through and through.

Still not over GoW winning over Celeste lol
How's that the video game equivalent of the MCU lol

How's that the video game equivalent of the MCU lol
Oh that part of my comment haha I don’t want to start something about the MCU and my thoughts on it lol

Long story short. I think the MCU is dumb lol Even if it can be entertaining for what it is. Thank god I’m a nobody or I’d have a 30 page thread on it :D

Anyway. I think too many people put stock on high production values in general. I also scratch my head when I hear comments like “video games are finally growing up”. The latter bothers me because it shows they should play more games. There’s been plenty of compelling stories that are well written. But sure, add a sex scene, lots of cursing, some gore and some line about how man is the greatest threat of all… all the edge! It reminds me of conversations from the late 90’s and early 2000’s.

Before it came out I didnt think so. But after seeing all the praise I believe it could very well be GoaT.

Back
Top Bottom