• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Yuri!!! On ICE: Ice Adolescence was cancelled.

Marce-chan

Magical Girls <3
Pronouns
They/Them
The long awaited prequel movie to the super successful figure skating anime Yuri!!! On Ice is now officially canned.

Mappa has announced on the Yuri On Ice Twitter:

I think we all saw this coming and it was clear as day that it was in dev hell, but it's still sad news now that we have confirmation... I kinda never lost hope it'd just receive a beautiful trailer and come in mere months some day.

The original was pretty fun, a bit sad to see it's never getting big again.

Mind you, when I went on my holiday in Japan last December, there will still YOI merch in the anime and gaming shops.

The original was pretty fun, a bit sad to see it's never getting big again.

Mind you, when I went on my holiday in Japan last December, there will still YOI merch in the anime and gaming shops.
Yeah, it was pretty much the biggest anime in 2016 and left a huge impact that can't even be described. Tens of thousands of tourists visited the town just because of the anime.

It's a shame that not even the most successful LGBT anime that was the most successful anime period when it came out and that has such an active fan base to this day could afford a sequel :(

It had so much potential and it was a real comfort anime for me when I watched it.

Not surprising, but a bummer all the same. Lots of momentum lost from the initial popular airing.

It's a shame that not even the most successful LGBT anime that was the most successful anime period when it came out and that has such an active fan base to this day could afford a sequel :(
I feel it's less "couldn't afford a sequel" and more "MAPPA makes too many commitments with near non-negotiable timelines such that their anime original is on the chopping block." Like, YoI Adolescence was greenlit at a time when they weren't doing AoT, Vinland, Chainsaw Man, or JJK and who knows how many people have left MAPPA because it's an awful company.

I feel it's less "couldn't afford a sequel" and more "MAPPA makes too many commitments with near non-negotiable timelines such that their anime original is on the chopping block." Like, YoI Adolescence was greenlit at a time when they weren't doing AoT, Vinland, Chainsaw Man, or JJK and who knows how many people have left MAPPA because it's an awful company.
I was about to say, this seems like less of a financial problem and more of MAPPA being a cesspit for animators/laborers.

Regardless, what unfortunate news. I'll just hold on to a slim hope that one day someone will push for getting this YoI prequel out.

Between this and the kid who shouted "no thanks!" after the Haikyu!! trailer at my Spy x Family showing, there's clearly an effort by the Joe Biden Deep State to destroy yaoi!

Back
Top Bottom