• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion YouTube Views of Trailers from the June 2024 Nintendo Direct (View Threadmarks for More Data)

Dragon Quest sucks I'm doing my part by not contributing to that

cor%20blimey.gif

EOW already has more views at this point than the LA remake reveal trailer had after its first 24 hours, so probably.
Do we have this data somewhere? No idea how many views LA had. If I'm not mistaken EOW was around 1.9M.
Out of curiosity I took a look at GTA 6 and it was able to do a bit more than 2x over it's first 24h viewership. Though no idea if it's an usual pattern or not.

Mario & Luigi passed Prime 4. Surprising considering the 3DS entries' sales
The series had a few decent sellers actually.

bowser inside story almost got to 5 million and dream team almost to 3 million.

If this is also a series that gets the switch boost. It might do as well as Bowser inside story or more. (Maybe not, but out of all the Mario RPGs, Mario and Luigi always felt like they have the most potential

The series had a few decent sellers actually.

bowser inside story almost got to 5 million and dream team almost to 3 million.

If this is also a series that gets the switch boost. It might do as well as Bowser inside story or more. (Maybe not, but out of all the Mario RPGs, Mario and Luigi always felt like they have the most potential
I guess Paper Jam and the two remakes were just bad ideas all around

Pretty much all exactly as expected, no surprises.

As noted, LM2 is releasing so soon and the trailer had no new information.

Crazy how the Direct has reached more views than the Xbox Showcase, which had cod.

Meanwhile the State of Play is there... Sitting in the cold.

But in all honesty, both Xbox and Nintendo brought heat, especially Nintendo, since this is probably their last Switch focus direct.
I can't even fathom the numbers the Switch 2 reveal and the initial videos/streams of that will do....

I’m also not sure the target demographic of LM2 overlaps much with the fans that are on forums and watching Directs.
it's a nintendo published release, it will get marketing on directs.
The thing is parts of the direct do feel a bit filler, like reannouncing the NWC , or the extended segment for Just Dance so perhaps in another year they may have dropped those segments LM2 entirely.

That game's reveal was weird. felt it was announced too early.

Last edited:
Metroid Prime 4 will not be a launch title for the successor system to the Switch, that much is clear. They may try a similar launch time as MP3, but I doubt MP3 will achieve a Luigi's-Mansion-like sales increase.

wasn't one of the remakes released like 6 months after the switch came out? That certainly didn't help.

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey, It was one of the very last first party games for the 3DS, Almost 2 years after the Switch launched, the 3DS was all but dead at that point so it really had no chance of success.

Would people be OK if these Mario rpg games converge? Something like Paper Mario and Luigi

Not sure how viable it is to keep 3 separate series going
I doubt Super Mario RPG is returning anytime soon.
Paper Mario will continue its course
Mario & Luigi will most likely be getting new games if this one doesn’t completely crater. Though if the people wanna continue making them than I doubt Nintendo will say no.

Even then the games are made by different companies so the spacing can be different the next go around if they decide to keep all three.
wasn't one of the remakes released like 6 months after the switch came out? That certainly didn't help.
While it didn’t help I doubt it being on the Switch would have done much for these remakes. It seemed people were burnt out with how fast & stagnate the series had become.

Would people be OK if these Mario rpg games converge? Something like Paper Mario and Luigi

Not sure how viable it is to keep 3 separate series going
Everyone will have their own opinions on how each series should keep going, and the below is caveated heavily on a new M&L doing well

For me, Super Mario RPG is just a remake - I don't see it going any further.
Paper Mario - probably a controversial opinion but keep going in the direction of TOK i.e. RPG lite. Focus on being more of an adventure game. If they even want to fully remove the battle system I wouldn't be mad at all. Just give us a bit more character flair and I'm golden. (I'm aware a lot of people will feel differently but this is just me)
Mario and Luigi - focus on this as the Mario RPG series

While it didn’t help I doubt it being on the Switch would have done much for these remakes. It seemed people were burnt out with how fast & stagnate the series had become.
you are probably right but I do recall a lot of people being disappointed with it being on the 3DS cause people were just over it and wanted stuff on the switch. Same thing happened with the Mario Party top 100 game. Doubt it would help too much in sales because there was series fatigue but still.

you are probably right but I do recall a lot of people being disappointed with it being on the 3DS cause people were just over it and wanted stuff on the switch. Same thing happened with the Mario Party top 100 game. Doubt it would help too much in sales because there was series fatigue but still.
Nintendo most likely didn’t want to expend resources on projects that were mostly done or in production. May as well just wait for a new game. In AD’s case they probably wouldn’t have done.

So far I've only played the first three Dragon Quest games. Enjoyed the first two, particularly the second entry, but absolutely hated III. Didn't click at all with me unfortunately. Add to that that I'm not a fan of HD-2D in general, and the DQ trilogy is an easy skip for me.

I'm sure that the next MP4 trailer is going to wow us and Nintendo will manage to drum up a lot of excitement. The question is if they'll be able to keep the momentum and if the excitement will translate into sales. Would be amazing for the franchise to break the sales ceiling and maybe even hit upwards of 5 million. Though obviously nothing is guaranteed and the sales might top out around 3 million anyway. We'll see how this plays out.

Back
Top Bottom