• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion YouTube Vanced discontinued

crepuscule

Bob-omb
Vanced has been discontinued. In the coming days, the download links on the website will be taken down. We know this is not something you wanted to hear but it's something we need to do. Thank you all for supporting us over the years.

Vanced was a YouTube app for Android that allowed background play and blocked ads among other features.

An alternative I already use is Newpipe: https://newpipe.net/

Newpipe also has its own subscription system so you don't have to use a Google account with it.

seconding the newpipe recommendation. been using it instead of vanced for years now, although it's lost the accidental featureset that used to make it better than vanced. hope it's not next in line for the lawyers, i'd be gutted

Dammit. So much better than the regular app. Guess I'll keep using it until the app breaks and then switch to newpipe.

Apparently they announced they were getting into NFTs, walked back from that, then Google went after them?

If so, understandable, but still absolutely awful. Vanced was amazing.

One of the reasons I switched from NewPipe to Vanced was that I liked having the Vanced app for YouTube Music, especially after Google Play Music went down. I'll hang on to the Vanced apps for a while, and I already updated them on my wife's phone so that she can hang on to them.

I tried Vanced but couldn't figure out how to cast videos from my phone to my TV with it, so... that made it pretty useless for me.

Always good to support 3rd party alternatives to Big Tech but lol @ these guys if getting into NFTs is really the catalyst for them getting shut down.

Shame to hear about Vanced, but never heard of it nor newpipe before and I'll be happy to check out Newpipe because I refuse to subscribe to YouTube on principle alone.

Back
Top Bottom