• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Xenoblade X or Tokyo Mirage Sessions - Which Wii U era lyric heavy OST reigns supreme?

Which OST is the best of the best?

• Xenoblade Chronicles X - The sounds are simply uncontrollable

Votes: 69 53.9%
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions - Those idol beats reincarnated my soul

Votes: 59 46.1%

• Total voters
Xeno X by a Longshot, not even halfway close.
TMS has some good songs, granted and it got on my playlists before Xenos did. But, Sawano getting to do what he wants, makes this super unique ost that's not just different from Xenoblades prior catalogue- it's different to anything he's made prior.

I used to hate XenoX soundtrack with a passion, but after a while, I fell in love with a lot of tracks, most of them have lyrics, but truth be told, I strongly prefer TMS:FE's songs.

1000037806lqdr2.png

I'm going to be the tie breaker and say Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Mostly because of the incredibly foul taste Black Tar has left in my mouth.

The primordia theme alone make the Xenoblade X soundtrack the best video game soundtrack ever created.

I can play it perfectly in my head and despite currently having an absolute shit day, I now can not stop smiling. What a masterpiece of a game.

Woah, ancient bump. I forgot the message board was even this old.

I prefer #FE's music, but I liked the music in the city of X. It was the right kind of cheezy to me.

I’ve not actually gotten around to playing through TMS♯FE yet…but both Black Tar and Uncontrollable are some of the absolute best battle themes of all time, not to mention the rest of XCX’s awesome soundtrack, so I’ve got to give it to Xenoblade.

Yes, even the New LA theme is great. Not something I’d care much to listen to on its on, but in context it works great. Also, I instinctively disliked Black Tar the first time I heard it before the game released, not helped by the fact that I don’t care much for rap, but it quickly grew on me and now it’s one of my favorite video game songs ever (which, for me, basically means it’s one of my favorite songs period, since 99% of what I listen to is video game music, lol).

Damn, this is tough. Two of my fave games and OSTs from that gen.

I'm going TMS but it's very close. I adore the vocal songs in TMS.

Back
Top Bottom