• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Xenoblade X or Tokyo Mirage Sessions - Which Wii U era lyric heavy OST reigns supreme?

Which OST is the best of the best?

• Xenoblade Chronicles X - The sounds are simply uncontrollable

Votes: 69 53.9%
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions - Those idol beats reincarnated my soul

Votes: 59 46.1%

• Total voters

HockeyBird

Villager
Pronouns
He/Him
I know everyone here loves Nintendo songs with lyrics. Thankfully on the Wii U, Nintendo delivered us to two masterpieces: Xenoblade Chronicles X and Tokyo Mirage Sessions. You loved the epic soundtrack of Xenoblade 1 but Hiroyuki Sawanano takes things to the next level with his signature electronic drops and thought provoking lyrics. The music in the Fire Emblem games convey a sense of adventure, tragedy, and triumph but they can't stand up to the moving voice of a microwave idol. So which is it? Which of these soundtracks brought you the most joy and tears?

Xenoblade X:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions:

XenoX loses this fight because its best compositions are instrumental-only. The Primordia theme is fantastic for exploring.

Reincarnation will get stuck in your head because it's catchy. Black Tar will train you to improve your combat skills, just to finish fights faster.

I was gonna say Xenoblade X easily, but then I remembered kowashitai, so I don´t know lol.

#The13000FE

TMS is good, but you can't top "I need a bigger gun" and "Yeah".

On a serious note, Uncontrollable is a classic, and The Key We've Lost is one of the best final boss themes in the genre. Melancholia is also very underrated.

The TMS first idol song is mega, but Xeno X is something else as a whole and the more I read otherwise the more I double down on this. What a jaw-dropping, hostile world they created and the sounds are no barrier to it. God I want that X remake (or sequel) so bad.

TMS has good songs, Xenoblade X made me laugh out loud for the NLA tracks (there are some really seriously good ones too tho).

Honorable mention.

TMS actually had a really good OST. My only complaint is I wish it was done in english for the localization.

HELLO, IS THIS THING ON?
IS THERE ANYONE THERE?
AM I ALL ALONE?
I NEED A BIGGER GUN.

On the one hand Xenoblade X had better music. On the other hand, I could actually hear the voice work in TMS's cutscenes. So I'm calling it a draw.

Going with the one that has Uncontrollable.

Is it too much to ask for a sequel to finish the story?

Most of TMS's OST didn't have lyrics and was extremely generic sounding. I expected something more like Persona. I vote Xenoblade, the cheesy lyrics owned.

with vocals -> tms
w/o vocals -> xbx

personal wish, if nintendo/monolithsoft decided to finally give xbx another chance, i hope sawano will work together with yamamoto as i prefer his style more generally in any of their collab works (like in crisis or sign for example)

TMS, being a game about the idol idustry, fulfills its purpose so well with a cascade of amazing tunes. I really love that soundtrack.

XCX has a few naff songs, but I genuinely love this one. You're about 30-40 hours in when you unlock the flight module, and finally getting to soar above this massive world you've been slowly mapping out on foot as this tune kicks in is wonderful.

At some point I need to accept that I'm never going to set my Wii U back up and actually finish the game, and just look up the ending...

TMS has the better OST overall, even if X has some real bangers. Xenoblade is the better game though, so there's that.

TMS has the better OST overall, even if X has some real bangers. Xenoblade is the better game though, so there's that.
Eh if it was any other Xenoblade sure, but X has some major issues while tms is a much better paced and structured game

39e.png

Def not TMS

I can't pick between these two. I actually imported both soundtracks because I liked them so much.

I really like XCX and prefer it as a game, but I think I'm gonna go with Kowashitai on this one. X's soundtrack is just so uneven, even if it has several great songs.

Sorry fam

TMS all day every day

And I like X a lot, I just believe that X's OST is the weakest of the Xenoblade games.

39e.png

Def not TMS
I kinda feel bad for SMT fans, since those games are praised for their atmosphere, but as someone who thinks the gaming industry can be very homogenous at times, I'd say it's pretty cool that we got TMS amidst the ocean of gritty medieval edgelord rpgs.

TMS is still Atlus's best HD game. Would have done better if it was branded Persona X Fire Emblem.

I can't hate on the GOAT Xeno X, that soundtrack is a banger. TMS has really good stuff too, some of Atlus' strongest songs in a while honestly but it's still X

TMS was such a wonderful game to play through, it’s too bad people were so harsh on it. As much as I loved Xenoblade X, TMS was a really unique experience (for me at least). The songs were also great and well integrated into the game. I’d actually love to see a sequel, but I’m pretty sure hell will freeze over first.

Are we just counting the vocal songs or the overall OST? Overall OST is definitely Xenoblade X for me, but Tokyo Mirage Sessions has the better vocal songs.

Sawano’s bombastic hype was definitely missed in Xenoblade 2’s still awesome soundtrack. TMS’ Reincarnation is my favorite song between the two OSTs.

I thought Xenoblade X's vocalized tracks were absolutely awful. If there's ever a remake I will only buy it if they replace new LA's tracks.

Back
Top Bottom