• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Xeno Series Community |ST|

I thought the bump was going to be about Future Redeemed's 1st Anniversary.

I just finished playing through Xenosaga 1 through 3.
I really enjoyed it, teared up a bit at the end there lol.
It was interesting to see the similarity in themes and characters across both Saga and Blade.

I admit I'm gonna have to watch some explanations for a couple of things in the story. lol
I didn't understand who Wilhelm actually was and how he got his power. Same with Nephilim and Abel. And also how those characters relate to the Zohar.

Glad you enjoyed them! Don't forget Xenogears if you haven't yet.

Some quick answers -

- Wilhelem is an entity that has existed since the creation of the universe who exists solely to keep the universe from collapsing in on itself. That's why he keeps resetting the universe. So it doesn't reach a point where it completely ends.

- Nephilim's backstory is actually explained in A Missing Year. A visual novel released before the third game came out. She was the daughter of a scientist who was experimenting with the Zohar back on Earth, but she disappeared into the UMN during an experiment with it and has existed there since then as a being that can communicate with the Imaginary and the real world.

- Abel is a vessel/avatar for U-DO in the physical world. It uses that from to try and interact and understand humanity.

There really is no more clear explanations on why they all have these purposes/abilities and their connection to the Zohar, but that's what Xenoblade is hopefully for 😉

You can watch A Missing Year here if you haven't.

You may be better off reading this instead of watching videos, since I can't think of any that go real deep into specific lore. This book is the official equivalent to Xenogears Perfect Works and explains as much as possible.

But for a general Xenosaga overview, these videos go over the history, design, and some analysis the best (and accurately) I think.

Glad you enjoyed them! Don't forget Xenogears if you haven't yet.

Some quick answers -

- Wilhelem is an entity that has existed since the creation of the universe who exists solely to keep the universe from collapsing in on itself. That's why he keeps resetting the universe. So it doesn't reach a point where it completely ends.

- Nephilim's backstory is actually explained in A Missing Year. A visual novel released before the third game came out. She was the daughter of a scientist who was experimenting with the Zohar back on Earth, but she disappeared into the UMN during an experiment with it and has existed there since then as a being that can communicate with the Imaginary and the real world.

- Abel is a vessel/avatar for U-DO in the physical world. It uses that from to try and interact and understand humanity.

There really is no more clear explanations on why they all have these purposes/abilities and their connection to the Zohar, but that's what Xenoblade is hopefully for 😉

You can watch A Missing Year here if you haven't.

You may be better off reading this instead of watching videos, since I can't think of any that go real deep into specific lore. This book is the official equivalent to Xenogears Perfect Works and explains as much as possible.

But for a general Xenosaga overview, these videos go over the history, design, and some analysis the best (and accurately) I think.
Thanks for the quick explanations and the links.
I'll spend a portion of my weekend on this lol.
I didn't know about Missing Year. I like how that pdf looks like a Metaphysics/Philosophy textbook 😭

I just finished playing through Xenosaga 1 through 3.
I really enjoyed it, teared up a bit at the end there lol.
It was interesting to see the similarity in themes and characters across both Saga and Blade.

I admit I'm gonna have to watch some explanations for a couple of things in the story. lol
I didn't understand who Wilhelm actually was and how he got his power. Same with Nephilim and Abel. And also how those characters relate to the Zohar.
Congratulations! In addition to what was already recommended I'd also say to check out this Pied Piper LP with English captions. Ziggy's backstory is pretty interesting and gives a lot more significance to Voyager.

Youtube's categories always crack me up

LvXkSxL.jpeg

Xenoblade is now 14 years old! To celebrate Sarah Alainn has released a new live performance of Beyond the Sky:

Also Yasuyuki Honne has posted a new picture of the concept models he created to help pitch the series:

Xenoblade is now 14 years old! To celebrate Sarah Alainn has released a new live performance of Beyond the Sky:

Also Yasuyuki Honne has posted a new picture of the concept models he created to help pitch the series:

The Earthbound model says hello!

Back
Top Bottom