• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Xbox Game Studios' Pentiment and Grounded are coming to Nintendo Switch (both out now!)

Pentiment getting 10 seconds in the Direct is a tough look for Microsoft ngl.

Going third-party for a game that Nintendo seems to think will sell 8 total copies.

I wasn't expecting Grounded. I hear Pentiment is really good. Sorry for everyone that was confident Hi-Fi Rush would be announced today.

Guessing Hi-Fi was in fact canned for Switch. Oh well, there's always Switch 2

Probably gonna check out Pentiment, I've heard nothing but good things

Pentiment is fantastic and is one of those games that ‘is made for Switch’.

Would lose my shit for a physical.

Edit: I’ve lost my shit (roughly equivalent to 35 United States Dollars)

Last edited:
If you can take very linear text-based games, you must play Pentiment.

I played Pentiment and Disco Elysium back to back earlier this year and thought Pentiment was far superior writing. Obviously, the latter has far superior "gameplay" and interactivity than the former. I get why it's more acclaimed.

But hell, I damn near teared up just thinking about Pentiment when I saw it in the direct, which means it left quite an impression on me.

Grounded is phenomenal - even in single player. Just a great idea, executed really well. But at the fidelity shown, I'm not sure. I'd rather play it anywhere else.

I can’t believe Grounded threw in a spider jumpscare in a Direct…

In all seriousness, glad to see them on Switch, even if Grounded looks a bit… rough.

Pentiment has been on my radar for a while. I don’t know if the Switch release will be how I play it, but the option is nice!

Next games on Switch need to be Psychonauts. Both of them. They'll feel more at home on Switch than any Xbox 1/XS game out there.

In all seriousness, glad to see them on Switch, even if Grounded looks a bit… rough.
Yes, the downgrade really shows, although the main thing will be to see how well it works. I suppose it makes all the more sense to reserve Hi-fi Rush and Sea of Thieves for the next hardware release, even though I think these are the two games that people were most looking forward to because they're clearly the ones closest to the Nintendo audience.

I hate that Pentiment got the sizzle real treatment; it deserves so much better.

If you have good taste, please buy it!
I am curious how it is decided what games will be sizzled vs what games get the full narrator spiel?

Does the publisher pay Nintendo for a) a Direct slot and b) time in the Direct?

Anyways, stoked to see Pentiment is getting a physical release!

Sea of Thieves and HiFi Rush announced for PS5 today too.

Guessing neither come to switch this gen at least

So is this an adventure with RPG elements?
How about the music?

I hope it's not modern-indie type aesthetics and something genuine rather than wannabe lefty artsy.

Quoted by: em
Interesting how it's only the two obsidian games coming to Swtich for now.

Really surprised that Sea of Thives comes to PS5 alone, but I guess it and Hi-Fi Rush will be on the successor.

I think I'd need to see more of Pentiment before I bite the bullet, but Grounded might be interesting if performance is up to snuff

Pentiment is tempting on Switch, but there's no product page yet. I'll probably also resub to GamePass later this year for Hellblade 2 and maybe Indiana Jones if that's good, so I could just play it then. Pentiment on SWOLED sounds nice, but there are so many options.

Interesting how it's only the two obsidian games coming to Swtich for now.
What more interesting is Obsidian was once a studio dissing the Nintendo consoles, now they'll have total of 6 games on a Nintendo platform. Crazy to think about.

Switch really changed some minds.

Pentiment seems like an absolute perfect fit for the Switch, a game I would definitely want to play handheld.. but man - it just does not look like my cup of tea.
Hopefully it does well anyway because it's unique.

THough, for me personally how this worked out was the worst possible - I wanted Hi-Fi rush and was kind of interested to see how Sea of Thieves would look and run on Switch. I did play it on PC when it first launch but it was the thinnest game I ever played in terms of content at the time. But now it's supposedly really really good, so sailing the seas in bed would have been neat.

I could still play it on both PC and Xbox if I wanted.. but hybrid speaks to me.

Pentiment seems like an absolute perfect fit for the Switch, a game I would definitely want to play handheld.. but man - it just does not look like my cup of tea.
Hopefully it does well anyway because it's unique.

THough, for me personally how this worked out was the worst possible - I wanted Hi-Fi rush and was kind of interested to see how Sea of Thieves would look and run on Switch. I did play it on PC when it first launch but it was the thinnest game I ever played in terms of content at the time. But now it's supposedly really really good, so sailing the seas in bed would have been neat.

I could still play it on both PC and Xbox if I wanted.. but hybrid speaks to me.
As a big.fan of Rare games back in the day sea of thieves going to Sony first just feels so wrong.

Xbox multi-plats ranked by my interest level:
  1. Hi-Fi Rush
  2. Sea of Thieves
  3. Grounded
  4. Pentiment
Of course we only get the last two. Sigh... Switch 2, where are you?

Still no listing for Pentiment.
Not in upcoming games, not in new games, no search result in Switch eShop or Nintendo website.

Is it normal that eShop listings for a game are not available so short before alleged release? I never experienced that. I doubt it will release today.

Not in upcoming games, not in new games, no search result in Switch eShop or Nintendo website.

Is it normal that eShop listings for a game are not available so short before alleged release? I never experienced that. I doubt it will release today.
Happens all the time

Weird. Not the painter with the smoke coming out of his head?

pentiment-game-year-screen-rant-2022.jpg

Just take this characters head and make the background blue. That's the icon.

So is this an adventure with RPG elements?
How about the music?

I hope it's not modern-indie type aesthetics and something genuine rather than wannabe lefty artsy.

Pentiment is a slow-paced picture book with a slight choice and consequence element. The visuals are what make the game.

in terms of game quality, I'd flip the list lol
Hi-Fi Rush is at a Metacritic 87 and Pentiment is at an 86, so the seem pretty equally well-received. If you're more into the later than the former, fair enough. But Pentiment doesn't appeal to me at all.

pentiment-game-year-screen-rant-2022.jpg

Just take this characters head and make the background blue. That's the icon.
Sounds like they haven't created a icon yet. When that's the case, they'll use the PC desktop icon for that temporarily. They'll change the icon with first patch.

Downloaded Pentiment this afternoon, gonna play through over the next week

Back
Top Bottom