• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Would you rather be really sad or really mad?

Really sad. Anger is no good. I get plenty angry just seeing the things going on in the world, and there's a saying I read once that pops in my mind now every time I do. I don't remember it verbatim or where it came from, but paraphrased it's something like "to hold onto anger is to drink poison while hoping it harms the source of your anger". And so when I get to a point where I'm thinking that, I disconnect and refocus. Acknowledge what it was that caused the anger and let it facilitate positive action in other capacities.

This is maybe too specific for a generalized thread lol but it's the sort of anger I face. I would always take sadness. Anger is toxic.

ThingsThatGiveMeAnxiety-Is-Trending-and-Thats-My-Secret-1200x675.jpg

I don't like being either. I guess sad cause I tend to do stupid shit when I'm mad. Anger is an emotion I've struggled with my entire life and I feel like I have finally been able to get a lid on it somewhat since I'm more patient now that I'm older. So it is a really upsetting experience for me when I do lose my temper these days.

I think there are many different kinds of anger. For example, rage caused by some minor thing like missing a bus is a wast of energy. But righteous indignation at injustice is a better reaction than succumbing to despair. For example, it can be easy for me to just feel hopeless in the face of climate change, so I try to channel that into anger at those perpetuating it.

I believe both can have positive effects if you learn how to use them. Personally when i've felt "Really" sad and angry it prompted me to do things that otherwhise haven't done which eventually lead me to very positive results, both in my personal life and professionally.

having said that, the anger part is tricky because if you act in the heat of the moment can really bite you in the ass, the anger i'm speaking about should be expressed more in calculated actions if that make sense.

Mad only if I can have the ensuing Archer-esque rampage, otherwise I'll probably be sad and retreat as a whole from my family and friends so no one knows I'm sad.

You can't prove that's what I'm already doing

Back
Top Bottom