• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Would you buy a Viewtiful Joe/Viewtiful Joe 2 double pack on the Switch?

Would you buy a Viewtiful Joe/Viewtiful Joe 2 double pack on the Switch?

• Yes - And I've owned both games

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Yes - And I've owned one of the games

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Yes - And I've not owned either game

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • No - And I've owned both games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - And I've owned one of the games

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • No - And I've not owned either game

Votes: 5 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Waluigilicious

Piranha Plant
Viewtiful Joe 1+2

Originally released on Gamecube and PS2, would you buy a double pack on Switch with both included? In HD of course. Possibly some extra content or unlockable concept art and other trivia.

Viewtiful%20Joe.jpg
co2162.jpg

Previous polls:
Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD + Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD (82.5%)
Operation Rainfall: The Last Story + Pandora's Tower (81.5%)
Kirby's and Yoshi's Epic Cozy Worlds (72.9%)
Super Mario Bros. 3DS Collection (56.4%)
Wii Party² Deluxe (39.0%)

Note: If these topics are annoying then let me know and I will stop. I felt it's a great insight to be able to see which games from the past people would like to play, and the correlation between whether they want to re purchase a game, or play it for the first time. There have been more double packs on Switch than we realise.. off the top of my head..

Advance Wars 1+2
Bayonetta + Bayonetta 2
FFVII + FFVIII twin pack
FFX + FFX-2
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
Lego Harry Potter Collection
No More Heroes 1+2
Taiko Rhythmic Pack
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2

And many triple packs (Spyro, Crash, Resident Evil 4-6, Devil May Cry, Super Mario 3D All Stars, Ace Attorney 1-3 to name a few).

I remember seeing Viewtiful Joe on an in-store demo setup in the early 2000s and my teenage self being very impressed by it. It took some time for me to get a GameCube, and in the end I never got around to actually getting the game, which I regret to this day. So yes, the answer is yes.

This is one of my dream releases, believe it or not. I owned (and finished) both when I was a kid. The original is one of my all-time favorite action games, and the second is...well...it's still alright!

I would pay $60, no questions asked.

Of course never got a chance to play 2, loved the first one still have it and the bubble head they gave as a pre order bonus

Yeah, would buy in a sale. Threads like this are a good idea. Would just not exeggarate it with it's frequency ;--)

absolutely its a crime that capcom doesn^t consider bringing back these games. just throw in the smash clone while you are at it.

It should include the fighting game (Red hot rumble) and Viewtiful joe: Double trouble from the DS as well, but yes.

Franchise is definitely dead as a franchise can get though.

Would You Buy? Threads
Hey folks! These threads mostly seem like harmless fun, but a few people have observed that there's maybe now a few too many of them, especially since they do often tend to be simple yes/no questions. How would you all feel about a singular "Would You Buy? Fantasy Release Thread"? The OP could be updated periodically, say every two weeks, and a threadmarked post could be added whenever this is done. The OP could also work with staff on changing the poll as well. Does this sound like something people would be interested in?

Hey folks! These threads mostly seem like harmless fun, but a few people have observed that there's maybe now a few too many of them, especially since they do often tend to be simple yes/no questions. How would you all feel about a singular "Would You Buy? Fantasy Release Thread"? The OP could be updated periodically, say every two weeks, and a threadmarked post could be added whenever this is done. The OP could also work with staff on changing the poll as well. Does this sound like something people would be interested in?
Yes, I was about to propose the same idea in this thread until I read your post. There's nothing wrong with wishing for ports on the Switch, but this constant influx of "Would you buy?" threads is getting annoying.

I think Viewtiful Joe as a set would be a good get, and this combination makes a lot more sense than some of the other proposals, though this particular pack seems a bit lacking -- I see I'm not the first to mention the other Viewtiful Joe content, Red Hot Rumble and Double Trouble. It might do well to be the release of the long-awaited third mainline entry, but that seems even more unlikely than this set.

It really is unfortunate that so many games such as these fall into obscurity and inaccessibility. It's not even necessarily a thing of whether I want a game (though I definitely recall these being pretty good), but one of preserving them. Not all games will be preserved, of course, but some are recognizably worthy of the effort.

Seeing the influx of threads jumping on the same concept and how prominent they're becoming, I considered whether a similar, but slightly altered, thread might be able to meet the demand for these, something less of a "would you buy [...]" and more along the lines of "What old games do you want brought to Switch, and why?" The slight reframing might invoke a bit more conversation, but might not gather the same data Waluigilicious was going for.

Okay, the idea seems reasonably popular, and no one seems to actively hate it, so I think let's go ahead with it!
It became a problem when joke topics were created. I'll stop after this one.
How about rather than stopping, you run the consolidated thread? Only if you're interested, of course. I'll DM you.

It's really strange how Capcom, a company famous for rereleasing everything under the sun, continues to ignore these. Games like Okami have received multiple releases, and yet nothing for Viewtiful Joe.

Yes please

Funny enough I just got ahold of a PS2 and have been scouting a way to grab these for it. I used to have them back in the day though and would grab them in a heartbeat for the Switch.

Okay, the idea seems reasonably popular, and no one seems to actively hate it, so I think let's go ahead with it!

How about rather than stopping, you run the consolidated thread? Only if you're interested, of course. I'll DM you.
If it hasn’t been 100% decided, I was going to say I don’t mind these threads. Their frequency is a little too high maybe, but people can ignore the threads if it bothers them.

I'd probably buy it if it comes to PC and there's a Steam sale or if there's ever a fire sale on the eShop, but not at launch.

I've never played either game much. I played an in store demo of the first one when it came out and didn't really like it. When I was in college my roommate was going to lend me his copy to play through but he never did.

Is "Would you buy X on the Switch?" going to become the first Famiboards meme?
I'm kind of tempted to do a "Would you buy a Famiboards reader application on the Switch?" thread, but it's probably not worth the effort.

Is "Would you buy X on the Switch?" going to become the first Famiboards meme?
I'm kind of tempted to do a "Would you buy a Famiboards reader application on the Switch?" thread, but it's probably not worth the effort.
This is meme erasure. How deep is the rot?

Without a doubt. The first is on my personal GOAT list, and the second ain't all that bad, either.

Speaking as a casual observer as I never got into these games. The games were cult classics, but the market just isn't there for a game like that at full price. Instead of a double pack, a HD remaster of each as a high priced indie title in the $20-30 range would work better.

Absolutely. I would buy those and God Hand as well.

Without a shadow of a doubt. Peak Capcom era. Would hopefully lead to a Viewtiful Joe 3 in the process.

Back
Top Bottom