• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Will From Software ever return to Nintendo consoles?

Imagine if Elden Ring were a third-party game they showed behind closed doors at Gamescom.

I'd love to see them return to Lost Kingdoms or Otogi. Also please give us a port of 3D Dot Game Heroes.

I'd at least love them to go back through their catalog. Armored Core is great, but I would do some funny things to get remasters of all 3 A.C.E PS2 games on modern hardware. Let alone 3D Dot Game Heroes.

I'd love to see them return to Lost Kingdoms or Otogi. Also please give us a port of 3D Dot Game Heroes.
I'd at least love them to go back through their catalog. Armored Core is great, but I would do some funny things to get remasters of all 3 A.C.E PS2 games on modern hardware. Let alone 3D Dot Game Heroes.
3D Dot Game Heroes was by Silicon Studio, the same studio that made first two Bravely games. From was merely the publisher in Japan. Not sure if they can re-release it without Silicon Studio which has been inactive in game development for a while now.

But Lost Kingdoms and Otogi should be possible as they're 100% From Software games.

FromSoft alongside RGG Studio really is the Japanese dev leading the "Nintendo consoles are for babies" charge. I think the Dark Souls port did decent numbers, but I have zero expectations for their games to appear on Nintendo consoles unless forced.

They have the right to take the stance that there's an audience mismatch or the juice isn't worth the squeeze. As a primarily Nintendo gamer, it's definitely soured me on them as a studio. They've sent a fairly consistent message that they I'm not mature enough to appreciate their games.

FromSoft alongside RGG Studio really is the Japanese dev leading the "Nintendo consoles are for babies" charge. I think the Dark Souls port did decent numbers, but I have zero expectations for their games to appear on Nintendo consoles unless forced.

They have the right to take the stance that there's an audience mismatch or the juice isn't worth the squeeze. As a primarily Nintendo gamer, it's definitely soured me on them as a studio. They've sent a fairly consistent message that they I'm not mature enough to appreciate their games.
Or the games just can't run on switch? Elden ring chugs sometime even on my ps5.

I'm primarily a Nintendo gamer as well and I'm 45 years old. Hidetaka Miyazaki is only 4 years older than me.

Playing Bloodborne for the first time right now and that alone has me all in on the “FROM partnering with a console maker to make a new exclusive IP” train, game is amazing. So I’d love to see them give the Switch 2 it’s own soulslike IP, maybe even a twist on one of Nintendo’s own.

Playing Bloodborne for the first time right now and that alone has me all in on the “FROM partnering with a console maker to make a new exclusive IP” train, game is amazing. So I’d love to see them give the Switch 2 it’s own soulslike IP, maybe even a twist on one of Nintendo’s own.
Since they already have their own massive popular IP with Dark Souls, Sekiro, and Elden Ring, I don't think they'll ever make exclusive IP again. I feel the same about a Bloodborne sequel, which I don't think ppl realize also won't happen for a long time.

3D Dot Game Heroes was by Silicon Studio, the same studio that made first two Bravely games. From was merely the publisher in Japan. Not sure if they can re-release it without Silicon Studio which has been inactive in game development for a while now.
I know they weren't the developer but I think they could do a port as the original publisher. I wish the game was available on modern platforms.

I don' t think there's bad blood. But it seems FROM has different priorities for graphic bangers. It's really buffling that they didn't port the whole Dark Souls Trilogy for Switch.

That said. I can fully imagine they will port Sekiro or Elden Ring for Switch 2. Especially if Nintendo is asking or even supporting them. Would make sense. But we will see.

But Lost Kingdoms and Otogi should be possible as they're 100% From Software games.
From can do anything they want with 3DDGH, they own the game and IP fully.

Silicon Studio sold their gamedev unit to Creek & River who formed Claytech Works (they made BD2).

Imagine Demon's Souls 2 as a Nintendo exclusive lol. Unfortunately Sony probably holds the IP. A new Otogi though, yes please! But most of all I'd prefer a new IP instead of ports.

Back
Top Bottom